Cyberrunner - 0.11 - No longer in progress

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Cyberrunner - 0.11 - No longer in progress

Post by TerminusEst13 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:54 am

THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER BEING WORKED ON. IT IS KEPT HERE FOR POSTERITY AND ARCHIVING PURPOSES.
Thank you to everyone who followed this mod and supported me through development. Sorry it couldn't have ended better.

Download for Zandronum: http://static.[bad site]/wads/cyberrunner-0.11.pk3 - 9.95 megs
Download for ZDoom: http://static.[bad site]/wads/cyberr ... d-0.11.pk3 - 9.99 megs

It's the age of gratification. We have everything at the tip of our fingers now, thanks to the widespread integration of technology in society. Whenever we want, wherever we want, we can tap into what entertainment we desire.

The philosophers and poets have written long on the subject of the base human urges--violence, watching violence, performing violence, and what it says about us as people. They say the glorification and celebration of wanton brutality reduces us to a primitive state, that we may become nothing more than desensitized sheep.

They probably have a point. But I say there's nothing wrong with enjoying it, when it's confined to strictly entertainment.
And if we confine it to entertainment, why not go balls-out? Make it as awesome as possible?
What do people like to see? Fast action. Smoking guns. Big explosions. Crazy stunts. Badass warriors. Crazy speeds.
The Cyberrunner League was created as a way to provide audiences with all of these in a safe environment.

The concept is simple. Corporations, militaries, and private Mom and Pop shops across the planet construct an android, gynoid, or occasionally a cyborg, and we ship them out to a harsh planet. Once they're there, they trek forth on a track until they reach the finish and hit a switch, surging a power core with raw energy. Whoever makes the pretty lights first wins.
Sounds simple, right?

Oh, I forgot to mention a few details.
First off, they're all moving at speeds that could rival fighter jets, and can leap and weave and wall-run like nobody's business. Second off, we shipped a whole bunch of active fighter drones and weapon systems over on the tracks too, just for larks. Third off, free-firing at the opposition is not only encouraged, but expected.
And don't worry about permanant damage. The moment anybody sustains serious damage, their systems get chronologically rewound, sending them back a bit to the nearest checkpoint--but more importantly, keeping them intact. We're not trying to be the next Running Man, here.

Sound interesting to you? It better be.
The Cyberrunner League is THE place to show your stuff. Show your designs. Show off your sweet moves. Show off your cold gunplay.
But most importantly, it's the place to simply show off how incredible you are. The ability to defy gravity and never touch the floor. The ability to leap straight through waves of enemy fire and come out unscathed. The ability to just go as fast as possible and leave logic and reason behind.

Race the wind.

Hugs and kisses,
Dr. Beatrice Kersey

---------------------------

Cyberrunner started off as a combination of TerminusEst13's Superfast (which you likely haven't heard of) and ijon tichy's Parkmore (which you likely have)--what started off as a joke to see what broke turned out to be surprisingly fun, and thus this mod was born.

Cyberrunner is a post-cyberpunk battle racer with only a few simple goals: Go fast, blow up whatever's in your way, go faster.
Player movement is dramatically enhanced, with large leaps and a running speed that's almost double the normal Doomguy speed. In addition, players have a wide variety of parkour techniques at their disposal to go through the air with enough grace to put any YouTube Freerunner to shame, as well as several axis boosts for an extra kick of speed. And in case that's not enough, there's a button to give the Runners an extra turbo boost, dramatically increasing their already-incredible movement.
Sound crazy? It is. It takes a special kind of person to take the incredible speeds, weave through obstacles at over 200 mph, and still have the cohesion to blast away an enemy in a single shot. Whether you're that person or you'll be left in the dust, though...that's up to you.

Spoiler: Changelog (Open)
FROM 0.1 TO 0.11:
===================
- Added a new Deathmatch map, CYDM03: Vertical Datapath, by Revae!
- Trimmed a few unused textures.
- Rephrased some obituaries due to incorrect/lame terminology.
- The Shotgun's tracers now show up in non-Doom games.
- Weapon balance has been completely redone using the power of MATH, rather than "what feels right".
^-: Carbine now does 180 damage every 50 tics. 180/50 = 3.6, 3.6*35 = average 126 damage a second. 21 damage buff.
^-: Shotgun does 10*4(1d3) and 15*3(1d3), 80+90 = 170, 170/40 = 4.25, 4.25*35 = average 148.75 damage a second. 8.75 damage buff.
^-: Vulcan does two projectiles with 8 damage every 3 tics. [(2x8)/2]+(8/2) = 12 damage every 3 tics = 4, 4*35 = average 140 damage a second. 35 damage nerf.
^-: Vulcan has had its ammo halved in LMS, with 3 tics at 500 ammo being 1500/35 = 42.85[...] seconds of firing. Its radius and height has also been reduced from 8 to 6.
^-: Running people over has had its damage boosted from 400 to 500, to ensure sure-kills.
- Running people over no longer can be reflected back and kill the Runner. That was weird.
- Ammo numbers for the Shotgun, Carbine, Purge Rifle, and Hammer have been centered in the bar HUD.
- The Cyberrunner tutorial, racing maps, and deathmatch maps are now accessible from the main menu.
- There is now a Quake-style when-shot-connects sound indicator, toggled via cyber_cl_hitindicator.
- Various tweaks across both CYRC01 and CYRC02, adjusting textures and tweaking the ACS.
- The race maps now refill health and boosts upon enter.
- cyber_cl_particles has been removed, in an attempt to combat the crashing that some people are having.
- For vanilla jumping maps with combat, ammo drops have been added for the weapons. They replace the big ammo packs and have about a quarter of the weapon's total ammo capacity.
- Nothing has changed in CYRTUT.
- With Zandronum's update to 1.1, the Shotgun now has FBF_NORANDOM for normalized damage.
- CYDM02 has had the side nodes removed.
- CYRC02 has been rendered more open for easier navigation, with temporary additional structures for easier traversing until it can be put later in the map rotation.
- cyber_changelog has been implemented.
Spoiler: Videos (Open)
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]
Spoiler: Maps (Open)
- OTHER:
CYRTUT: Journey of a Thousand Miles, Etc, Etc
Planet: Earth
Locale: Training Facility
(Map by: TerminusEst13)
A regular monthly check-up is mandatory for every Runner, making sure all of their systems, equipment, and etc are in top quality. While maintenance and engineering crews are provided for all competitors, you still can't beat a good ol' test run. This is the best start for any Runner just getting started in the League, as it helps them both calibrate their movement systems and get acquainted with the craziness that may happen on the track.

- DEATHMATCH/LAST MAN STANDING:
CYDM01: Ctrl+Alt+Deleted
Planet: Lemnos
Locale: The Nanoplex
(Map by: Mik57)
The Nanoplex is just one of the many, many, many cities of the proud Lemnos, the first artificially-created planet in our solar system. This particular section is especially notable for the pure data stream overhead in the sky, as well as the incredibly high buildings with access nodes aimed directly up into it. While of particular interest to the businesses and civilians that want to acquire the advantages of an unfiltered network system, it holds little interest to the Cyberrunner League except for "gosh, that sure is purty".

CYDM02: Mars Needs Wi-Fi, Man
Planet: Ceres
Locale: Data Storage Drive
(Map by: Evil Space Tomato)
Ceres was known as the largest asteroid in the Solar System, and for many years was relegated simply to cursory study. Now, however, it acts as a main hub for planet-to-planet wireless transmission, whether via communications signals, physical teleportation, or whatever else is needed. The surface of the rock now is covered in practically all kinds of stations, and the depths of the rock is filled with tunnels that hold, sort, and transmit data to various systems before teleporting it to various locales in the solar system.
This area in particular is nothing more than storage--it does nothing but hold endless rows of databases of outdated numbers, forgotten names, and useless statistics from decades back, and thus was licensed off to the Cyberrunner League to act as a battleground.

CYDM03: Vertical Datapath
Planet: Ceres
Locale: Interior CPU Core
(Map by: Revae)
While the surface of the large asteroid is naught but rock and ore, the interior is a large computer through and through--and at the very surface is the core of the planet and the core of all the computers. The solid metal walls host an innumerable number of welded-in wires and chips, and the solid quartzite floor gives way to the lava providing...wait, why the hell is there lava in a computer?!

- RACING:
CYRC01: Deep Fried
Planet: Caeculus
Locale: Destroyed Facility
(Map by: TerminusEst13)
Venus' first moon, created by a meteor now known as "Vulcan" blowing off a huge chunk of it, shares many of the inhospitable terrain that makes Venus so dangerous. Despite all that, though, a previously-solo planet suddenly gaining a new moon was an incredible occurance, one that merited instant study--and after study was completed, the facilities used to house the equipment and information was quietly discarded and left to decay in the acid rain. The League decided instead to make use of it as grounds for their robots with live weapon systems.

CYRC02: Having Fun, Rocketboy?
Planet: N/A
Locale: Spatial Anomaly
(Map by: Ijon Tichy)
Discovered by a probe hurtling its way to nowhere in particular, this odd structure known as the Anomaly floats through space. Rumored to be a dimensional doorway, it follows few known laws of physics; gravity is being generated from nothing, objects seen from one side are invisible from the other, and outer space itself cannot figure out just what to show. Numerous countries have been shipping out crews to conducting studies on the anomaly, but since no one can stake land in outer space, the Anomaly is open to anyone bored or crazy enough to get there. The Cyberrunner League happens to be both, and awfully wealthy at that.
Spoiler: Questions asked often enough that I got tired of answering them. (Open)
Q: Is there a way to disable dodging/ledge grab/the camera jerk while parkouring/the air control?
A: Much like Samsara, there's a whole variety of cvars that change how the game is played. https://github.com/TerminusEst13/cyberrunner/wiki/CVars

Q: What if I have high ping? Fancy precision parkour isn't exactly easy when there's some lag.
A: No worries! There's still plenty of options for you. There's the horizontal boost and vertical boost, and the Turbo Charge dramatically increases all movement for a short time.

Q: What if instead I don't want to bind keys?
A: There's a whole host of fancy parkour moves available for you! Wall-jumping, wall-hiking, dodging, and more are at your fingertips.

Q: What if my ping is high AND I don't want to bind keys?
A: Rocketjump, man. You can tackle just about every jump in the game with an alt-fire and a nice jump. The other options are exactly that--options!

Q: With the wider range of aim in OpenGL, how well do Software users fare?
A: Beautifully! I play in Software practically exclusively, m'self.

Q: >first person platforming
A: Many of the obvious flaws with this are already addressed. First off, the chasecam gives you a wonderful third-person view to help with platforming. Second off, the jumps in Cyberrunner are big and the platforms are even bigger--thus, there's a HUGE room for error in landing your jumps.

Q: Heh this is just a ripoff of Parkmore Image
A: you don't saaaaaay

Q: What are some maps you can suggest for this?
A: There's the obvious of the Jumpmaze series, of course--a few maps are quite cramped, but most of them are very fun to leap and bound through. There's also some rocketjumping maps! Cyber's RocketJumping Xtreme and Earthquake's RJSpace9f maps are also excellent choices. Or if you don't want to go through levels and just wanna bounce around large areas, why not the ZDoom Wars or Internal Conflict maps?
Spoiler: Credits (Open)
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
=========
Ijon Tichy:
- Pickup sprites, some basic soundwork.
- Parkmore, which was used as half the base for Cyberrunner.
- Vast amounts of ACS, and some DECORATE.
- The numbers and some punctuation of the smallfont.
- CYRC02: Having Fun, Rocketboy?
- Generally lots of shit.

Revae:
- Modelling, texturing, rigging, and animating the Runner.
- Oh, and converting the animations to sprites.
- And 16 different rotations.
- For a total of 350+ frames! Hot damn!

GENERAL:
=========
- /vr/ for its incredible work in alpha-testing and guiding this in the right direction.
- Zael and Synert for their high ping testing.
- Smallfont spliced and pieced together from FixedSys, Terminal, and JACKIE.
- Bigfont a modified version of SF Square Head and SF Square Head Condensed.
- Bigfont converted from graphic to dbigfont.lmp thanks to Blue Shadow.

GRAPHICS:
=========
- Photoshop and GIMP (The tool of choice for TerminusEst13 and Ijon Tichy, respectively)
- Duke Nukem 3D (The Turret Drone and Aerial Drone use edited sentry sprites)
- Eriance (The Vent air blast puff)
- Xaser (The Plasma balls used in the Carbine's spiral)
- Strife (The electricity used for the Carbine, the electricity used for the Runner's blood, the junk thrown when destroyed, the temporary Power Core)
- Tormentor667 (The ball making up the pretty teleport effects)
- WildWeasel (The ball and spatter from the Plasma Gun)
- <name> (PWBRICK4, N_TKGR36, N_TKGR33, N_TKGR32, N_BRIK02, FLAT30, and the FLAT14s - from rjvoid)
- Earthquake (RJSpace31 sky texture, the RJSpace glyphs)
- DarkLinux (LASER1/LASER2, P_SCRN01, and INFO1 from Cybercrime3)
- Fuzzball Fox (N_LTOR03 and N_LTRD03 from litextra.wad)
- 3D Realms (DNCITY05, DMD_F14, HAZARDVH, HAZARDVV)
- Afterworldruler (CONFONT)
- PillowBlaster (Sprites for the Power Core)
- Cyberkill (Spanish Enye, slade, and tilde for smallfont)

MAPS:
=========
- Mik57 (CYDM01: Ctrl+Alt+Deleted)
- DarkLinux (CyberCrime 3, which had a skybox used in CYDM01)
- Evil Space Tomato (CYDM02: Mars Needs Wi-Fi, Man)

CODE:
=========
- Tormentor667 (The pretty teleport effect!)
- Ghastly_Dragon (The Jetpack Zombie, which the Aerial Drone was based off)
- Captain Toenail (Ditto)
- Caligari 87 (The hudmessageonactor function)

SOUNDS:
=========
- Audacity (Incredible amounts of sound editing thanks to this tool)
- Hollywood Edge/AudioJungle (Numerous stock sound effects)
- Mega Man X5 (Radar going on and off)
- Mega Man X6 (Bringing up/closing the main menu)
- World of Warcraft (Changing options around)
- Devil May Cry 3 (Are you sure you want to quit?, Menu Not Available, Carbine raise)
- Silent Bomber (Dismissing main menu prompt)
- Halo (Health pickup sound)
- Tribes: Ascend (Vent pickup sound)
- Unreal 2 (Ammo pickup, Vulcan windup/fire/unwind)
- Unreal Tournament (Plasma gun raise, Vulcan pickup)
- Unreal Tournament 3 (The Cyber Dash/Jump/Turbo, Plasma Gun Shot, Carbine Wind-Up)
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (Turbo pickup, shotgun pickup, Carbine pickup, Vulcan raise)
- Quake III (Plasma gun hit)
- Painkiller (Shotgun hit)
- Strife (Drone sight)
- Doom 3 (Drone flight)
- Serious Sam: The First Encounter (Drone firing)
- Phantasy Star Online (Chat sound)
- Zero Prophet (Raw Energy idle and pickup sound)

MUSIC:
=========
- Lizardking: justice-game_1b (Title screen)
- Jeroen Tel: War Stars (CYRTUT: Journey of a Thousand Miles, Etc Etc)
- laamaa: Flying Together (Slightly Edited - CYDM01: Ctrl+Alt+Deleted)
- Elwood: Sick on Monday (CYRC01: Deep Fried)
- CLiNT: Eclipse (CYRC02: Having Fun, Rocketboy?)
- Skaven: Omniphiliac (CYDM02: Mars Needs Wi-Fi, Man)
- Depeche Mode: Enjoy the Silence (D_STWIN)
- Unknown: Gallahad's [sic] Theme (D_STLOSE)
- Kyle Richards: Crythania (M_HURRY)
- zabutom: Sine Ride (Sped up - M_SCORES)

STORY:
=========
- Bungie: The Marathon-style terminals
- Various Authors: Inspiration from their excellent works
^-: August Derleth, Robert Heinlein, Carl Sagan, Arthur Machen, Yukinobu Hoshino, Stanislaw Lem, and Greg Kirkpatrick
- Hostile V: Proofreading, editing, writing assistance
Spoiler: LEVELSETS THAT GO WELL WITH THIS (Open)
1: RocketJumping Xtreme by Cyber (Requires Skulltag data/files)
2: RJSpace31 by Earthquake
3: Downtown Rocket Jumping by Andyman3k
4: RJCity2e
5: A Slab of Rocket Jumping Levels by DeathArrow (Warning: Ugly as SHIT)
6: Racing Jump
7: Void Jump by <name>
8: Rocket Jumping Warriors by Andyman3k
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

Lollipop
Zandrone

RE: Cyberrunner: Race the Wind

Post by Lollipop » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:27 am

there are a few points:
I never heard aboutparkmore, so I dun give a damn if it's a ripoff, also sometimes ripoffs are better (just saying, dont bitch on me(all respect to ijon))
I didn't know people tended to ask so stupid questions.
There are no options, becuse there is no time, see? JUST HURY UP DAMNIT! YOUR LATE!
*downloading to try out*
If this is worth it, I will host a server with it from my computer to advertice it :)

EDIT: I noticed a BE server, might host one myself anyway with only your maps though :)

EDIT2: Only thing I think lacks is an animation and a sound indicating a wall jump and the 3rd person view makes it hard to aim.
Last edited by Lollipop on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:50 pm

Make huge ass turok like maps for this

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:26 pm

This looks so good but I know I'm gonna be shit at it XD Maybe replicating some Defrag maps would be a good idea, although it's kind of a different movement system.

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 pm

this looks so cool why wasnt this released before.

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:Make huge ass turok like maps for this
one_Two wrote:Maybe replicating some Defrag maps would be a good idea, although it's kind of a different movement system.
This kind of mod kind of lives and dies on its maps, yeah, heh.
If anyone would be willing to help out with mapping, I would deeply appreciate it. I'm not a good mapper at all, and would really take any help.

Monsterovich
Forum Regular

Post by Monsterovich » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 pm

That's looks awesome. The best racing mod ever!

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:24 am

I'm glad that I got to beta-test this with you guys. I'm still working on a map for this, though.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

DTDsphere
Forum Regular

Post by DTDsphere » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:29 am

I looked at

and thought I'd have some new rocket jump maps to play :(

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 am

Fuck rocketjumping - cyberrunner is better.

One of the methods of travel is a blast of comressed air - which is basically a shortrange no damage rocket for you to jump on. Plus, I'm pretty sure the maps are beatable with just a standart rocket launcher, though you'd need a source of invulnerability since health is not enough.

Found the marathon styled terminals. Would you rage if I'd say that they are better than your mod?

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ijon Tichy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Found the marathon styled terminals. Would you rage if I'd say that they are better than your mod?
No, for two reasons. Reason one is that the terminals are the only thing I will still work on; I jumped the Doom development ship a couple days before release, and improved Parkmore to a ridiculous extent in making the first release of this, as well as a bunch of other ACS work. The story of Cyberrunner, however, I'm still interested in greatly, and I figure I can get away with still helping with that.

Reason two is this:
HexaDoken wrote: Fuck rocketjumping - cyberrunner is better.

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:48 pm

HexaDoken wrote:Plus, I'm pretty sure the maps are beatable with just a standart rocket launcher, though you'd need a source of invulnerability since health is not enough.
Ideally, yes. As mentioned in the FAQ, for the sake of people's pings there are very few (if any) jumps that can't be done with just a vent. I'd imagine some parts will be supremely difficult, but still possible.
For the next release, I'll make the maps and the core separate, so people can do regular rocket jumping on the maps.
HexaDoken wrote:Found the marathon styled terminals. Would you rage if I'd say that they are better than your mod?
It's a little embarrassing to see how well my writing is going over! But still. glad you like them.

Also, it has come to my attention that a lot of people like the font. Really like the font.
For those people, here is the font in an entirely separate .pk3, for use in your skins folder o̶r̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gc2kg ... r-font.pk3

Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balrog
Forum Regular

Post by Balrog » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Did we mention that you can set how fast you can go with a CVAR? Because you can.
phpBB [video]

Code: Select all

[15:53:14] balrog: one day, the original mm8bdm devteam from mfggu and i will meet in valhalla and we will be friends

<ijon>well fuk
<ijon>guess I gotta suck dicks now

(18:13:17)<Mayrine>i dont have to learnt anything about ACS

Yellowtail
Forum Regular

Post by Yellowtail » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:35 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:For the next release, I'll make the maps and the core separate, so people can do regular rocket jumping on the maps.
And then only the rocketjumping pros will play those maps/the map and core wads will always be combined.

To be honest, it's not a bad idea, but it won't be very simple to pull off.

...Well, as of right now, the difficulty of the maps excluding the tutorial is rather low, but when you start to involve the more advanced techniques, it will not be newbie friendly at all.

Balrog
Forum Regular

Post by Balrog » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:16 pm

phpBB [video]
You can load Cyberrunner with other games too. Or try to, at least. Watch this space for more video from Term.
TerminusEst13: Welcome to SCIENCE
balrog: and WHAT IT HAS DONE
Last edited by Balrog on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[15:53:14] balrog: one day, the original mm8bdm devteam from mfggu and i will meet in valhalla and we will be friends

<ijon>well fuk
<ijon>guess I gotta suck dicks now

(18:13:17)<Mayrine>i dont have to learnt anything about ACS

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:36 pm

The next build will feature a new DM map, provided by the wonderful Revae.

Lots of emphasis on vertical movement and dramatic leaps over a pit of lava, combined with a stylish Tron-esque appearance.

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Another map is in progress, this time a racing circuit!

Here's a preview of the first third.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TerminusEst13

RE: Cyberrunner - 0.11 - Polish and extra stuff.

Post by TerminusEst13 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:13 am

0.11 is released. There's a lot of extra stuff people requested in here, such as a hit indicator, refills for health/turbo when entering a race map, and more, as well as some polish for the existing maps, helping them flow better and play better. If there's other stuff you guys would like to see, please let me know.

ALSO. If there are any extra mappers out there with some spare free time, I could also use some help in populating the map rotation, please! I'm starting to plan out my third race map, Revae made an extra DM map, and Ral22 is making a super-kickass race map, but a few more folks helping out would be awesome.

EDIT: Note that this requires the newly released Zand 1.1.
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:20 am

TerminusEst13 wrote: Another map is in progress, this time a racing circuit!

Here's a preview of the first third.
phpBB [video]
Nice use of Hexen 2 textures. They should be used more widely.

Keep working on the project, it's really lovely, yet I'd like to see some more servers on other server hosts, such as GV.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

RE: Cyberrunner - 0.11 - Polish and extra stuff.

Post by HexaDoken » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:34 am

Exiting the level while players are hanging on a ledge may or may not result in said players gaining ability to fly indefinitely upon entering the next map.

This is how you get times like 30 seconds on maps like CYRC02.

Probably should fix it or something.