Doom Vercetti Skin

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
thebestmlTBM
Forum Regular

RE: Doom Vercetti Skin

Post by thebestmlTBM » Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Dusk wrote:
your opinion is invalid.
Also I like Animes in Doom so I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK!
Great attitude there. Are you really sure you're 18+ like the advisory recommends you to be?
Yes but I don't like hentals. only clean ones like Pokemon and Sailor Moon
==============================================
I DON'T KNOW A DAMN WHHOOOAAAHHH! You are not driping ugly juice all over my new couch, shoes on and everything you trying to Rick James my s***? Ho... Oh lord please. WHHOOOOOHH!
~DashieXP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... y3GE#t=22s

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Thu May 23, 2013 10:18 pm

thebestmlTBM wrote: Yes but I don't like hentals. only clean ones like Pokemon and Sailor Moon
You'd be surprised how little that helps your case.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 pm

Sailor Moon isn't exactly "clean". It's about a 14-year-old with big tits and a short skirt.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Bloax
Forum Regular

Post by Bloax » Thu May 23, 2013 10:28 pm

Code: Select all

<Bloax> bblbpblhlgl
<Bloax> pplpggpg
i can't even
[quote="Kennon Conrad"]Dear LawCounsels,
To prove your compressor works, I suggest you try it on your posts and then post only the result.

We all know an ideal lossy compressor would output 0 bytes for your posts, so see if you can beat that.

Have a nice day.[/quote]

thebestmlTBM
Forum Regular

Post by thebestmlTBM » Thu May 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Ænima wrote: Sailor Moon isn't exactly "clean". It's about a 14-year-old with big tits and a short skirt.
Well at least I know about Pokemon.
Last edited by thebestmlTBM on Thu May 23, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==============================================
I DON'T KNOW A DAMN WHHOOOAAAHHH! You are not driping ugly juice all over my new couch, shoes on and everything you trying to Rick James my s***? Ho... Oh lord please. WHHOOOOOHH!
~DashieXP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... y3GE#t=22s

Bloax
Forum Regular

Post by Bloax » Thu May 23, 2013 10:34 pm

While this isn't relevant to the project topic, you aren't even denying or disproving any of the claims cast against you.

Instead you bring up completely irrelevant information.
..That's not a very good defensive argumentation strategy.
[quote="Kennon Conrad"]Dear LawCounsels,
To prove your compressor works, I suggest you try it on your posts and then post only the result.

We all know an ideal lossy compressor would output 0 bytes for your posts, so see if you can beat that.

Have a nice day.[/quote]

Dusk
Developer

Post by Dusk » Thu May 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Mind if I come out blunt but... not only do you act like an autistic kid who doesn't get enough homework from school but you blatantly ignore all criticism you get from your peers and flame them from seemingly flaming you (while all they did was give you criticism - something you, as a modder, should be ASPIRING TO RECEIVE, NOT TO IGNORE). What the hell is wrong with you?

You keep trying to mash some anime and Doom together. It doesn't work, the art styles are way too different. If you want to do such a mod because you like that stuff then OK yeah go ahead. But something of this quality is better left off for personal enjoyment.

Want to not receive any criticism? Don't make mods. I said you should be aspiring to receive criticism.. why? For it's there to help you improve by pointing out your flaws; and don't even try one second to claim there aren't any because you're human. No human is flawless. Want to not get any flaming? Tone that attitude down; you see, the ONLY REASON people flame you here, and why I'm writing with this tone here now, is because you keep shoving your "I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK" attitude around. If you don't care what others think, why are you posting here in the first place? I don't know about deviantArt, but this is a forum, a place of communication and discussion. Butthurt like that has no place here.

I'm pretty sure that going with a more receptive attitude would already halt all this but from the looks of it that's too much to ask.
Last edited by Dusk on Thu May 23, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri May 24, 2013 12:36 am

Cool skin. I'll never use it.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Fri May 24, 2013 1:26 am

I thought the "Doom Kid" skin I made when I was ~12 was bad. Now looking back, my MSPaint skills weren't too shabby after all, at least given my age. It still looks like a retarded MSPaint animation though. (It's present in Sabbat Martyr DM if anyone's actually that curious.)

This thread reminds me, I need to release my kid-maps some time soon. The stuff you do when you're mapping as a youngster is often very stupid, but you can find some really cool more abstract ideas hidden away, stuff you weren't "afraid" to try way back when.

Totally offtopic but oh well, I was feeling a rant.

EDIT: As a side note, was anyone else hoping this would be Tommy Vercetti in Doom, and not... Blossom? The skin name gives me more of a GTA vibe than a Powerpuff Girls vibe..
Last edited by Doomkid on Fri May 24, 2013 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oddbrother

Post by Oddbrother » Fri May 24, 2013 1:31 pm

doom_kid92 wrote:As a side note, was anyone else hoping this would be Tommy Vercetti in Doom, and not... Blossom? The skin name gives me more of a GTA vibe than a Powerpuff Girls vibe..
Thanks for reminding me. I need to get to know some more (retired) veteran Doom modders.
Last edited by Oddbrother on Fri May 24, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DTDsphere
Forum Regular

Post by DTDsphere » Sat May 25, 2013 1:37 am

I must give my advice. Your art is absolutely awful. At a time in my life, my art was awful too, but I either kept it to myself or asked for criticism.

Modding is a good way to express creativity, but you have to understand what goes with what. Anime does NOT go with Doom so don't bother trying to pull it off.

Oh and
Dusk wrote:Want to not receive any criticism? Don't make mods.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat May 25, 2013 2:03 am

DTDsphere wrote: I must give my advice. Your art is absolutely awful. At a time in my life, my art was awful too, but I either kept it to myself or asked for criticism.

Modding is a good way to express creativity, but you have to understand what goes with what. Anime does NOT go with Doom so don't bother trying to pull it off.

Oh and
Dusk wrote:Want to not receive any criticism? Don't make mods.
The old anime - Doom argument, I'd disagree I think anything can work if it's done well.

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by TerminusEst13 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:10 am

thebestmlTBM wrote:F*** YOU ALL! I'M DONE!
his deviantart wrote:I'M DONE BEING ON THE ZANDRONUM FORUM, THEY DON'T LIKE MY WORK? THEN I'M NEVER COMING BACK EVER AGAIN, SCREW THEM ALL TO HELL!! AND TO THE DEVELOPER THAT DON'T LIKE IT AS WELL, UP YOURS WITH THE CHAINSAW :iconupyoursplz:
I don't think this is going to go anywhere well.
In fact, I think it's only going to go downwards.
Last edited by TerminusEst13 on Sat May 25, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

Post by mattbratt11 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:25 am

I think you stole the copyright from Cartoon Network's Powerpuff Girls. That's copyright infringement. It's best to avoid that skin, and Doom Vercetti.
I'm sure that fluffy could add the LegendaryIconOfSin Monster in the new Nexus Update any day...

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sat May 25, 2013 4:57 am

The fuck you talking about.

TBM: Welcome to the internet. Not everyone's going to bend over for you. Get over it.

skyrimguy

Post by skyrimguy » Sat May 25, 2013 5:42 am

Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Sat May 25, 2013 5:52 am

This thread's only going to go downhill from here.

TBM - if you come back and read this then you better take what I say to heart.
For one, these people know what they're talking about when they criticize work. They've been here for quite some time, far longer than you.
If you can't listen to them when it comes to releasing your work, then you better stop releasing things here, because people everywhere else will give you more or less the same responses.

I dislike the animation. It's choppy. Short and simple.
Are you saying I should tell you "oh man this is awesome!!!"?
(I also don't see the relation between Vercetti and that animation.)

Also, this whole "this is good you're all just bad" mentality in your head, if you want to stay that way then I suggest keeping away from here because we do not tolerate that kind of deal here. If you're not willing to learn or improve, you don't deserve to create mods for the general public. You can hate the community but for the most part, when they critique your stuff they're right and you're not.

When you come back I expect better. I won't tolerate you or your projects if this is how you plan on acting.

TL;DR = You release a project, don't expect flowers and fanatic praise.

Locking this thread. It's only going to get worse.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...