PKST 2

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
HeavenWraith
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

PKST 2

Post by HeavenWraith » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 pm

What is this?
17 maps for the infamous Skulltag gamemode. The palette is quite colorful - 5 maps from the original PKST1, 6 maps salvaged from SMII, 5 maps salvaged from KTCTF2 and finally 1 original PKST2 map. Everything hopefully polished and optimized for the gamemode.

Who made this?
Credits are in the text file, nevertheless I'll quote them:

Code: Select all

Author: HeavenWraith and Ernexis
Additional Credits: Resources - ID Software, Skulltag data resources authors, SMII resources authors, TLSXCTF resources authors and SPACEDM5 resources authors;
All guest mappers - Fuchsia Fox, Lazureus, Theshooter7, Blzut3, Mechadon, Metal and Captain Toenail;
All testers - HeX9109, Wartorn, ClonedPickle, clan [SA], FNF participants and whoever I forgot to mention;
Special thanks to HeX9109 for numerous ideas and support.
How do I load this?
First of all, make sure you load Skulltag_Actors.pk3 and Skulltag_Data.pk3 before PKST2, since this is a Skulltag mod. And don't forget to set the gamemode to "Skulltag" and turn off crounching. I guess that's it for special notes.

What the hell does PKST stand for?
Literally it reads "Pluit's and Kuchikitaichou's Skulltag". Pluit and Kuchikitaichou are old nicks of Ernexis and me respectively. The wad name has been decided on back in 2006 (?) and we never bothered to change it since it more or less has a reputation now.

I've spotted a bug!
PM me about it, I might fix it if I feel like opening it in slade ever again. Or release a hotfix yourself, we won't bite you for that.
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
Download
Last edited by HeavenWraith on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[18:55] <Decay> if you're upset, it is your obligation to make someone else upset

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: PKST 2

Post by Ænima » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:23 pm

OH SNAP! It's back? :D
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:36 pm

Screenshots please!
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

HeavenWraith

Post by HeavenWraith » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Updated OP with screenshots + hotfix'd the download, sorry about that to whoever has already downloaded.
[18:55] <Decay> if you're upset, it is your obligation to make someone else upset

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:57 pm

So from what I've seen there aren't vast improvements. Although, the few changes I can spot make it look much better.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Respect to this classic wad.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Those screenshots hurt my eyes alot. The designs are good, but that resolution is just painful to look at.

I know some people refuse to go openGL, but this makes me want to hurl on my screen.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Yessss instead of critiquing the wad, critique the screenshot \o

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Catastrophe wrote: Yessss instead of critiquing the wad, critique the screenshot \o
I said that the designs look good, but there's no real way for me to properly critique something when I can't make much of it out?

Perhaps I will play this in GZDoom for myself so it doesn't look like somebody dumped a load of ass all over the screen. I know that alot of people try to make their wads software-friendly, but at least make the screenshots in GL.
Last edited by Agentbromsnor on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 pm

You realize they wont be this omega bright ingame
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Agentbromsnor wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Yessss instead of critiquing the wad, critique the screenshot \o
Perhaps I will play this in GZDoom for myself so it doesn't look like somebody dumped a load of ass all over the screen. I know that alot of people try to make their wads software-friendly, but at least make the screenshots in GL.
Why not play on zandronum in opengl?
I´m one of these one lol, but well, I always prefer to use open gl, so, gl shots :)
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

HeX9109
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by HeX9109 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:27 am

I like this wad because I helped make it awesome ^_______^
Like a good neighbor, UD is there! http://www.unidoom.org

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Cruduxy wrote: You realize they wont be this omega bright ingame
Thats the thing that gets me though; why won't some people optimise the game for their screenshots? That would kinda be like id Software showing screenshots of Doom 3 running on an old Pentium 3. I realize that this has little to do with the content of the wad itself, but it just irks me to see people presenting their hard work in such a careless way.
ibm5155 wrote:
Agentbromsnor wrote:
Why not play on zandronum in opengl?
I´m one of these one lol, but well, I always prefer to use open gl, so, gl shots :)
I haven't downloaded Zandronum yet. I usually play singleplayer mods though, and for that GZDoom suffices.
Last edited by Agentbromsnor on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.