Searching for Captains

Official ZCC sub-forum
Stall

Searching for Captains

Post by Stall » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:32 am

Yep, we're still looking for a couple more captains for this season. Captains don't necessarily have to be the best players, just someone who is willing help schedule games. As a captain you have the privilege to franchise any player you like. You are guaranteed to play with someone you enjoy playing with, or try to grab the best player before the draft.

You can contact me here, pm, irc, whatever, we will discuss if you being a captain is ultimately the best decision for the tournament.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

RE: Searching for Captains

Post by Samurai » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:41 am

Quick question, are you looking for specificly North American captains, or Europeans too? I can think someone like Dragon would be a very good cap if you're looking over this part of the world too.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Dark Wyvern

Post by Dark Wyvern » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:54 am

Err. I'll step up to the plate. But I'm surely 10000000000% positive I won't have a chance at being Cap, but I'll gamble this time :-)
20:05:01 <Nautilus> dawson, you have the brain of a fucking chimpanzee in a coma
18:15:10 <Nautilus> I guess a doll could sorta give good practice

Perrondon
New User

Post by Perrondon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 am

capo should be an a good cap (JK)

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Jwarrier » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:13 pm

I volunteer to be a captain.

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Samurai wrote: Quick question, are you looking for specificly North American captains, or Europeans too? I can think someone like Dragon would be a very good cap if you're looking over this part of the world too.
With that being said, you guys should know I'm more than willing to cap for this most likely awesome premier of ZCC!

edd
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by edd » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:17 pm

u should lemme be a cap so we dont get stuck with soul sucka and capo grade captains, i am #1 in brasil

Tenchu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:52 pm

EDIT: I'd like to cap, plain and simple. After some discussion on IRC regarding the matter, I've decided to make this public, as I personally feel the somewhat negative view on me capping this season is largely unjustified. There's some doubt about me being a captain among some people including a few ZCC admins so I'll go ahead and address the issue head-on. Even if I don't succeed in being selected as a cap, I would still like to clear myself of this social stigma that I still don't understand. I am absolutely more than qualified to manage a team, especially here. Can anyone, preferably people involved with the ZCC, tell me why it's assumed I wouldn't make a good captain? And please don't bring up the IDL, don't even get me started on that.
Last edited by Tenchu on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[22:42:21] [@SkullRush] ok guys today was one of the worst days of my life i spent p much 18 hours in my pc watching hentai and played doom with huge lag i guess i shiould go to bed now
[22:42:26] [@SkullRush] if i dont suicide, see you guys tomorrow
[22:42:29] [@SkullRush] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb^_^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[22:43:02] • Quit: (SkullRush) (~SkullRush@SkullRush.users.zandronum.com) ("Quitting")
[22:43:40] [+Jenova] wow
[22:43:47] [+Jenova] ur avg zandronum player ladies and gentlemen

Metal

Post by Metal » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:46 pm

Ten wrote: And please don't bring up the IDL, don't even get me started on that.
I'll get started then!

http://forums.intldoomleague.org/index.php?topic=791

This was how long after you became cap? Hmm, we'd really rather not have an incident like that here, so we're going to prevent it if we can! Another thing, it's very hard not to tie the IDL with this, because we are looking for people who were reliable in their past and people we can count on. We don't personally feel that you are one of those people.

So I've decided to make it public and address this issue head on because you won't take a hint. Since your cheating escapade, you will not be trusted, you will not be respected and ultimately, with the way you try to wrap yourself up in any power or sense of importance around here, you've earned a pretty bad title. Don't give us the "I'm trying to rebuild myself!" crap, because a lot of us aren't complete morons and know what you're like on here. Your "social stigma" isn't going to clear right after you're unbanned like you expect it to, and with the way you're trying to clear it, it's never going to be cleared.

In short, you're not qualified to manage a team, because you can't be trusted to even stick around to run it.

Maybe next year. Thanks for applying.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Tenchu
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:16 pm

Metal wrote: The stuff I expected to hear
What people don't seem to understand is that I don't have a history of flakiness or unreliability on Skulltag, at all. I've never bailed on any team, league or event on Skulltag in the 8+ years I've been playing here. I've done nothing here on Skulltag to indicate that I would be a bad team manager. I've done much in this community to prove otherwise. When I took over as the commissioner of the SICL when DB was removed from power, I turned it from a small forum operation into an entire expansive league with completely new rules and even an entire website and forum system. If I can run an entire CTF league, I'm pretty goddamn sure I can run a CTF team. Bottom line, don't think I've done anything here on Skulltag/Zandro to jeopardize my ability to manage things, especially a single team. And for the dark cloud that still lingers over me: My getting banned two years ago (read: two years ago). Right, because using an aimbot somehow detriments your ability to manage a team of people. What a ridiculous argument. What happened then was extremely stupid and regrettable, but it has absolutely no correlation to my ability to lead a team.

That alone should be enough reason to validate me capping in this league. However I will indulge the asshats and address the event that occurred outside of Zandronum and the main reason why some people are critical of me capping: The recent IDL season. Yes, I resigned as captain from my IDL team last fall. The entire reason I did that was because of Odamex. I'm not a fan of Odamex, at all, but at the time I was still banned from Zandronum and I was very much interested in getting back into some form of active Doom playing so I was willing to deal with playing on Odamex. However maybe a week after the draft, before the season even started, I found out that my ban here on Zandronum was going to be up soon. With that revelation, I instantly lost almost all desire to stay in the IDL playing Odamex for months to come. Knowing this, I made haste and wanted to back out before the season started to minimize the damage to the season. I knew that leaving once the season started would be catastrophically more damaging than leaving before it started, so I made the announcement that same day so replacements could be start being found by the time Week 1 started to ensure it was a smooth transition. I understand that leaving at all was a pretty big blow to the IDL admins, but there seems to be a rather large misconception as to *why* I did it. I didn't do it because "oh fuck the IDL," I did it because playing in the IDL was basically my only option at the time (because we all know what ZD has turned into). And I understand that doesn't completely justify my decision to leave, but I believe that is a far more justifiable reason to leave than just "oh I don't give a shit about the integrity of the IDL so I'm just gonna go because lol." If that were the case I would have done what SoulSucka did and just up and left without saying a word to anyone, halfway during the season. I didn't do that for a reason. Oh, and by the way, I played in five seasons in the IDL prior to this season and I didn't bail on a single one of them. But I guess everyone forgot about that. So no, I absolutely do not feel what happened there should disqualify me from capping here.

So in conclusion, no, I do not believe that I would make a bad captain in the ZCC. I don't have a history of bailing on anything in ST/Zan, I've managed and built an entire CTF league, I've played in five prior IDL seasons while captaining in two of them didn't bail on any of them, and the one I did bail on was before the season even started because I was looking out for the team. And I don't even think I need mention any of my admin experience on major server clusters on top of that. The IDL arguments and my cheating are both weak arguments, so I know there's more than just that going on behind the scenes (funny how you were first to respond). I honestly feel that I'm more qualified than 99% of the people here to lead a team. The cost of all this red tape must be getting expensive.
Last edited by Tenchu on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[22:42:21] [@SkullRush] ok guys today was one of the worst days of my life i spent p much 18 hours in my pc watching hentai and played doom with huge lag i guess i shiould go to bed now
[22:42:26] [@SkullRush] if i dont suicide, see you guys tomorrow
[22:42:29] [@SkullRush] bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb^_^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[22:43:02] • Quit: (SkullRush) (~SkullRush@SkullRush.users.zandronum.com) ("Quitting")
[22:43:40] [+Jenova] wow
[22:43:47] [+Jenova] ur avg zandronum player ladies and gentlemen

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:35 pm

I'd say give him a chance, but then what do I know :/

Saber
New User

Post by Saber » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Basically you made a commitment to the IDL to cap last season. Which means you committed yourself to being there for the entire season. Your only excuse for breaking that commitment is that someone waved a piece of pie in front of you. It seems to me that they don't want to take the risk on your whims of pleasure. Quite honestly from me personally I despise simpletons that cheat even if its "to just to see what its like."

IDL and the league are not your toys to just throw away when a better one comes out.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Saber wrote: I despise simpletons that cheat even if its "to just to see what its like."

IDL and the league are not your toys to just throw away when a better one comes out.
^
There is no possible justifiable reason for cheating in a public server [let alone a scrim] on a decade old game man! It sounds so stupid even saying that sentence to myself; I seriously don't get the logic of cheating in public and then coming back expecting everyone to respect you within a month [especially this grudge holding community]
Last edited by Slyfox on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Ten wrote:
Metal wrote: The stuff I expected to hear
What people don't seem to understand is that I don't have a history of flakiness or unreliability on Skulltag, at all. I've never bailed on any team, league or event on Skulltag in the 8+ years I've been playing here. I've done nothing here on Skulltag to indicate that I would be a bad team manager. I've done much in this community to prove otherwise. When I took over as the commissioner of the SICL when DB was removed from power, I turned it from a small forum operation into an entire expansive league with completely new rules and even an entire website and forum system. If I can run an entire CTF league, I'm pretty goddamn sure I can run a CTF team. Bottom line, don't think I've done anything here on Skulltag/Zandro to jeopardize my ability to manage things, especially a single team. And for the dark cloud that still lingers over me: My getting banned two years ago (read: two years ago). Right, because using an aimbot somehow detriments your ability to manage a team of people. What a ridiculous argument. What happened then was extremely stupid and regrettable, but it has absolutely no correlation to my ability to lead a team.

That alone should be enough reason to validate me capping in this league. However I will indulge the asshats and address the event that occurred outside of Zandronum and the main reason why some people are critical of me capping: The recent IDL season. Yes, I resigned as captain from my IDL team last fall. The entire reason I did that was because of Odamex. I'm not a fan of Odamex, at all, but at the time I was still banned from Zandronum and I was very much interested in getting back into some form of active Doom playing so I was willing to deal with playing on Odamex. However maybe a week after the draft, before the season even started, I found out that my ban here on Zandronum was going to be up soon. With that revelation, I instantly lost almost all desire to stay in the IDL playing Odamex for months to come. Knowing this, I made haste and wanted to back out before the season started to minimize the damage to the season. I knew that leaving once the season started would be catastrophically more damaging than leaving before it started, so I made the announcement that same day so replacements could be start being found by the time Week 1 started to ensure it was a smooth transition. I understand that leaving at all was a pretty big blow to the IDL admins, but there seems to be a rather large misconception as to *why* I did it. I didn't do it because "oh fuck the IDL," I did it because playing in the IDL was basically my only option at the time (because we all know what ZD has turned into). And I understand that doesn't completely justify my decision to leave, but I believe that is a far more justifiable reason to leave than just "oh I don't give a shit about the integrity of the IDL so I'm just gonna go because lol." If that were the case I would have done what SoulSucka did and just up and left without saying a word to anyone, halfway during the season. I didn't do that for a reason. Oh, and by the way, I played in five seasons in the IDL prior to this season and I didn't bail on a single one of them. But I guess everyone forgot about that. So no, I absolutely do not feel what happened there should disqualify me from capping here.

So in conclusion, no, I do not believe that I would make a bad captain in the ZCC. I don't have a history of bailing on anything in ST/Zan, I've managed and built an entire CTF league, I've played in five prior IDL seasons while captaining in two of them didn't bail on any of them, and the one I did bail on was before the season even started because I was looking out for the team. And I don't even think I need mention any of my admin experience on major server clusters on top of that. The IDL arguments and my cheating are both weak arguments, so I know there's more than just that going on behind the scenes (funny how you were first to respond). I honestly feel that I'm more qualified than 99% of the people here to lead a team. The cost of all this red tape must be getting expensive.
If only you could play as good as you talk...

Anyway, how many teams are planned to be there? Over 10?
Last edited by Ivan on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Ivan wrote: Anyway, how many teams are planned to be there? Over 10?
For now we're looking at either 6 or 8 teams, but that may change.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Cmon Ten, even I'm smart enough to not get involved in things that require dedication.

X-Ray

Post by X-Ray » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:43 am

Saber wrote: Basically you made a commitment to the IDL to cap last season. Which means you committed yourself to being there for the entire season. Your only excuse for breaking that commitment is that someone waved a piece of pie in front of you. It seems to me that they don't want to take the risk on your whims of pleasure. Quite honestly from me personally I despise simpletons that cheat even if its "to just to see what its like."

What Saber said also I'm the BESTGHOST

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:36 am

Normally I'd volunteer to be a captain, but I'm a lazy piece of shit.

I'm interested to see the selection that ends up capping, though.

HumanBones
FNF Team

Post by HumanBones » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:08 am

The IDL dealt with the ramifications of certain peoples broken promises all season. It basically turned it into a 7 team season. It's really, really great and all that Thevarian and Joshsmith bailed BBC out by joining after the felony took place, however their season was completely ruined. They claim to have not cared that they joined a team with an 0-2 record, but after you lose another 5 times how would you feel? Don't let the same mistake happen twice.

I am glad to see intelligence is prevailing so far. Hope you guys find enough reliable captains (it seems like you have!) Captains are where it all starts.

Chillsing1310
Forum Regular
Location: United States of Europe(state: Federal Republic of Germany)

Post by Chillsing1310 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 pm

id love to contribute to this ctf league to help it being successful.
i apply as cap
Last edited by Chillsing1310 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Renegade(AOW) with good graphics
http://www.indiedb.com/games/renegade-x/downloads

--Germaniam Esse Delandam-- (Germany has to be destroyed)