DM Revival - MANAGEMENT HELP NEEDED

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

DM Revival - MANAGEMENT HELP NEEDED

Post by Doomkid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:11 am

DMR at Doomworld: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... ost1153985

Hey there, Doomers and DMR participants. I'm sad to announce that due to some fairly serious life changing events - nothing very negative, I'm happy to say - I won't be able to do things like this for quite some time. I will not be able to continue managing the DMR project, and I was hoping to get a few participants to come together and make this project something better than it ever would have been anyway.

I'm sorry to announce this with such little pre-notice, I have got a further improved and developed version of DMR here, with accompanying text file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nt9ca ... _Files.rar

I urge the participants to elect new project manager(s) make a new thread for this project, if you wish to do so. The amount of effort that has been put into this, and the potential these maps have would be a very shameful loss. There is a lot of unique and fun material here, that is a certainty.

I wish you all luck with this, A deathmatch version of CChest has always been a goal of mine since I found out about community projects as a wee one. I hope to see it fufilled at some point when my life becomes more well balanced again - And thank you all so much for participating in this. I've had a ton of fun.

:)

(Older Information Below)

Hey Doomers! Another new DMR beta is ready, fresh out of the editor! (June 10th)

DOWNLOAD VERSION 0.9B:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/59yfb ... MR_v9b.zip

A lot of updates, enough to set a release date at July 4th!

-Credits map built! I went the simple "Names scrolling in lights" route, no picking of favorites or little icons or anything. I think this works best anyway.

-Texture issues begone! Aside from the VERY rare stray flat, every texture issue is resolved and all maps are totally cross compatable. It took plenty of time, but this is a great step!

-Details added. Map 16 (Deathmatch Prison) was very bare, and has had a lot of love shown to it. I think it's looking pretty slick. Map 24 (Splatter House) is an awesome map but it suffers from some serious textures issues. A few other maps could stand a bit more detail too.

-Some MIDI's changed. Some repetitive MIDI's were swapped and other requests have been met. If you want me to change your song, just send the new file my way and I'll put it right in.

Long short, here's where we stand: Another run through of beta testing: Looking for any remaining glitches, and detailing the very few remaining sparse areas. Any texture alignments should be pointed out too - We want the maps to have that nice 'finished' look to them.

Keep it up, fellas!

DMR on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkXnz9TpVsc

HAPPY FRAGGING!
Last edited by Doomkid on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agaures
Forum Regular

RE: Deathmatch Revival: MAPPERS WANTED!

Post by agaures » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:17 am

I wouldn't mind making a map.
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

Doomkid

Post by Doomkid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:49 am

Great, you're on the list :)

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:28 am

Sounds Interesting, Ill put my 2 cents in

mr fiat

Post by mr fiat » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:58 am

i like your idea and I agree deathmatchs needs to be revived, im in.

W1D3A55
Forum Regular

Post by W1D3A55 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:19 am

Meh. Ive got nothing else to do as far as projects, so I may make a map or 2
Watermelon wrote: Stall is notorious for his D.
Lollipop wrote: What does ETA mean? I'm sorry, but I don't get too much around on the internet.
For the best song you'll ever hear, click this link
I DARE YOU

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Yeah count me in. You say "2 marines against each other", but these a specifically DM maps yes?

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:49 pm

DM DEFINITELY needs reviving. I would join in but I'm swamped in projects at the moment. Good lcuk with this and I cannot wait to see it.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

Doomkid

Post by Doomkid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:08 pm

mr fiat, W1D3A55, one_two and bobvorn have now been added to the list. And Springy, thanks for the words of support!

My language in the OP was terrible, when I say pit 2 marines against eachother it sounds like I'm talking about Duel maps. You definitely can make a duel map, but if you choose to, try and make it a bit spacious so it could still squeeze in a 4 man FFA. As far as custom textures go, I'd prefer to just use the stock stuff for consistency, if nothing else. :)

So far, things are coming together well. At the moment there's no strict deadline, but I'd like to at least have a rough layour of your map by April. Keep us posted with screenshots too, that always helps!

W1D3A55
Forum Regular

Post by W1D3A55 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:12 pm

doom_kid92 wrote: As far as custom textures go, I'd prefer to just use the stock stuff for consistency, if nothing else. :)
Wondering if were allowed to use the skulltag data textures (and only the textures, dont worry), mainly because it just makes maps a bit less bland.
Lollipop wrote: What does ETA mean? I'm sorry, but I don't get too much around on the internet.
I DARE YOU

Doomkid

Post by Doomkid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:30 pm

W1D3A55 wrote: Wondering if were allowed to use the skulltag data textures (and only the textures, dont worry), mainly because it just makes maps a bit less bland.

This is true, the skulltag textures add a lot of choices. Try to use them sparingly, because I am looking for a sort of consistent 'classic' feel with this project, but variety is always good. One thing I wanted to avoid was too many graphics to be present in the WAD for a very tiny file size. :P

Do you have experience with XWE or SlumpEd? It would be incredibly helpful if you could add the textures/patches you'll be using into your wad before you send it, so it will be easy to add it to the collective file. :cool:
Last edited by Doomkid on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agaures
Forum Regular

Post by agaures » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 pm

What if you're a custom texture maker? :3

Edit:

I would really like to make some custom textures for my map(s).
Last edited by agaures on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

W1D3A55
Forum Regular

Post by W1D3A55 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:44 pm

doom_kid92 wrote:
W1D3A55 wrote: Wondering if were allowed to use the skulltag data textures (and only the textures, dont worry), mainly because it just makes maps a bit less bland.

This is true, the skulltag textures add a lot of choices. Try to use them sparingly, because I am looking for a sort of consistent 'classic' feel with this project, but variety is always good. One thing I wanted to avoid was too many graphics to be present in the WAD for a very tiny file size. :P

Do you have experience with XWE or SlumpEd? It would be incredibly helpful if you could add the textures/patches you'll be using into your wad before you send it, so it will be easy to add it to the collective file. :cool:
I could just.....you know....make a resource file (containing all the stdata textures, then all the maps eventually), then send it to you for everyone to use.

Btw, XWE is a big nono.
I DARE YOU

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 am

W1D3A55 wrote:
doom_kid92 wrote:

I could just.....you know....make a resource file (containing all the stdata textures, then all the maps eventually), then send it to you for everyone to use.

Btw, XWE is a big nono.
I'm against a resource file, if this is intending to be a true OS style dm wad. You can do allot with the doom2 textures.

Doomkid

Post by Doomkid » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:22 am

agaures wrote: I would really like to make some custom textures for my map(s).
A few is okay, but try to keep it light. I'm in agreeance with one_two about the resource file, just include the textures you'll be using and I can group them in with the whole file later. Most of the team will just be using the stock Doom 2 stuff anyway, but again, a few customs is no biggie.

Doomkid

Post by Doomkid » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:37 am

Hey guys, just to clarify, make sure your maps will be able to run in Zdaemon and Odamex as well so we can get a more universal selection of mappers and players. I don't want to leave any Doomers out :)

Torvald
Forum Regular

Post by Torvald » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:30 am

Sounds cool, I wouldn't mind throwing in a few maps.
Cyber: was chased by cowboys
Nautilus: Cowboys? more like a buncha kids chasing a fucking ice cream truck
UnixAssassin wrote: The definition of cheating is not this: Using an aim assisting tool in a game
BEST.EVER.
Teamspeak: WUMBO.CA

Doomkid

Post by Doomkid » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 am

Tor-Bjorn, dachauncinator and nub_hat added to the list. We're almost set, but there's still room for more :)

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:52 pm

hey! i'm in vacations so I have time for help you, give me a try ;) i'll use DB1 for this, and of course, in these times is hard to see DM servers so i would be proud of help it
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Doomkid

Post by Doomkid » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 am

Alrighty katZune, you and Joe are now added as well. I wonder if me and you are the only two left around who use DB1? ;)

This thing is filling right up, I'm happy! Make sure you guys invite any mapping friends as well, don't hesistate to spread this thing around and get people pepped up for some fresh FFA turf!