Former Friend Zombie

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
HeavenWraith
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Former Friend Zombie

Post by HeavenWraith » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:52 pm

As I'm step by step leaving all doom mapping and modding behind, I release all my unreleased projects. Here's one of them.

This is based on Captain Toenail's Former Friend mod's concept, which I enhanced on request of several survival fanatics from the IDL community. Dead players revive as zombies and attack their former friends. A twist to cooperative/survival gamemodes.

The package also includes the original (or IDL) version, which contains overpowered zombies with bizarre and illogical properties. It was deemed quite challenging and hilarious, the only reason why it still exists.

Download
Last edited by HeavenWraith on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[18:55] <Decay> if you're upset, it is your obligation to make someone else upset

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: Former Friend Zombie

Post by -Jes- » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:59 am

I've seen this mod in action before. Crazy stuff.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:29 pm

It´s a great mod *_*
Too bad I only finded an official release Yesterday =/ (sorry bro about that mod, I should not release it on my name)

ah yeah, it´s a fucking awesome even offline (this is a great mod that you learn how bad is when you die many times)
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:55 pm

This was a very fun mod, definitely. It should see more uses now that there's an official release.

edit: Strangely enough I remember a version where there were chances of your zombie teammate could drop bfg10k, railgun, or backpacks full of ammo.
Last edited by Razgriz on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day

HeavenWraith
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by HeavenWraith » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Link in the OP updated with a version that doesn't conflict with SNS's dead-afk add-on (or any other wad operating on LOADACS).
[18:55] <Decay> if you're upset, it is your obligation to make someone else upset

someplayer
New User

Post by someplayer » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:13 pm

I've been waiting for a long time for this mod to be released. I pretty much played every vanilla wad with this mod, it adds a new challenge to the gameplay and it's hillarious to play with other people.

Overall if you play this on survival with others, everything is the same! until someone dies, that's where the fun begins, since one mistake punishes the whole team.

But..

I'm really dissapointed that it got severely toned down, the ridiculous stuff like kamikazes, zombies resurrecting, missile reflect, tourettes guy's voice and all the original stuff was the real charm of this mod, removing those properties just made it dull and actually easy. That is why I'll stick with the original ffzombie_idl version.
Razgriz wrote: edit: Strangely enough I remember a version where there were chances of your zombie teammate could drop bfg10k, railgun, or backpacks full of ammo.
I remember that being the only thing easy about the mod. You just get a lucky death or suicide in a controlled enviroment until you get the stronger weapons. After you get that you can easily blaze through all the levels.
Last edited by someplayer on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellstorm Archon

Post by Hellstorm Archon » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Yeah, I remember playing this with UAC Ultra. Crazy stuff, yet a unique concept. :)

A short poem

I dig, you dig, we dig, he digs, she digs, they dig.

It's not a beautiful poem, but it sure is deep.

ArcheKruz

Post by ArcheKruz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:56 pm

There was a video posted in this thread. What happened to it?