The recent youtube video

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

The recent youtube video

Post by Metal » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 am

Before the flooding of obvious questions.

The following users have been indefinitely banned from Zandronum IRC, Forums and the Master server for the following reason:

Participating in and/or spreading a harmful software download.

Information about the download: It is NOT a wallhack/aimbot, while we do not promote such activity, we would never intentionally put a fake file out there that deletes your systems files. Including your programs, private documents, or whatever you may have downloaded to your computer.

How do you know this?
I pulled up my Virtual Machine and used my old copy of XP on it. I downloaded the file to the virtual machine and tested it. (Don't ever download unknown files to your actual computer, you'll regret it in times like these), upon running this "program", a command line came up and swiftly began deleting files from the VM's hard drive. It removed the VM's google chrome, other downloads, even itself. All in all, if you value what's on your computer, I wouldn't download this, however, I'm unsure of what else is involved with this program, but having it delete your files should be enough to deter you from it.

Whodunit?
I have the original youtube video and screenshots of these people who commented on the video itself, along with the post that was made here on Zandronum. The download link was posted under a proxy and removed, and the ones we know were involved will be banned.. All involved parties are those who initially posted comments on this youtube video promoting it.

Catastrophe/Bluewiz: http://imgur.com/QQkId
Ivan: (Country matches as well as videos) http://imgur.com/yZdCV (http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=454)
Dranzer: http://imgur.com/aWIhA
Kirboy: http://imgur.com/VOLcp (Uploaded videos give him away, original poster of the youtube video)
Ral: http://imgur.com/Qa9yJ

Original youtube video.
http://imgur.com/TBaOT

Before there is a rush of "You banned for youtube comments??" we banned them for promoting malware linked to zandronum, if you don't believe us feel free to download it at your own risk. Hope it was worth it for you all.
Last edited by Metal on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Watermelon
Zandrone

RE: The recent youtube video

Post by Watermelon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 am

This is probably the lowest form of thing you can do in the community.
I'm glad to see these people banned, we don't need these kind of people around here. A majority of people dislike them anyways so it's only to the benefit of zandronum.

Good riddance.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:53 am

Why people would do this...

legion

Post by legion » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:53 am

was there even a point to what they were trying to accomplish, other than pure maliciousness?

Torvald
Forum Regular

Post by Torvald » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:58 am

This doesn't surprise me one bit. I didn't think that there was anything worse than cheating, but I think we've found it. I find this completely ludicrous & ill-behaved. I'm glad the staff were forward enough to take the appropriate course of action.
Cyber: was chased by cowboys
Nautilus: Cowboys? more like a buncha kids chasing a fucking ice cream truck
UnixAssassin wrote: The definition of cheating is not this: Using an aim assisting tool in a game
BEST.EVER.
Teamspeak: WUMBO.CA

Stan
Forum Regular

Post by Stan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:58 am

Watermelon wrote: Good riddance.
This.

BlackFish

Post by BlackFish » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:59 am

Like 20 minutes ago Ivan gave me files so I can help him with his Caleb class for Samsara. Now that he's been banned from all things Zandronum (including #samsara) I have no way of communicating with him. Shame.
This also prevents the full release of the rott class for Samsara that he was close to finishing. Wonder why they had to do that.
Last edited by BlackFish on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godlike
New User

Post by Godlike » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:03 am

I actually made a forum account for the soul purpose to remind the people that created that video that you're all stupid to think you could simply alias and never be found out lmao and have fun being banned lol.

RedShirt
Forum Regular

Post by RedShirt » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:06 am

Yeah I honestly can't say i'm surprised. Takes some low people to try and pull this.

[quote=Watermelon]Good riddance.[/quote]
We are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread.
#swag

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:07 am

BlackFish wrote: Like 20 minutes ago Ivan gave me files so I can help him with his Caleb class for Samsara. Now that he's been banned from all things Zandronum (including #samsara) I have no way of communicating with him. Shame.
This also prevents the full release of the rott class for Samsara that he was close to finishing. Wonder why they had to do that.
Have him forward it to someone else? I'm pretty sure he can upload it to dropbox and then give it to someone through some other IRC network

BlackFish

Post by BlackFish » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 am

It was linked via IRC right before he was glined. I have no other way of contacting him. It's not a big deal, but It's still unfortunate. I suppose I can see if he's on zdoom.org or something but it doesn't seem worth it at the moment.
Last edited by BlackFish on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reach Term
Forum Regular

Post by Reach Term » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:19 am

Throughout my years of trolling, spamming, taking over irc channels, conspiracy thinking and associating myself to worst people than myself like simk and Theta... I'd never, NEVER would do something so selfish and malicious just to make a message or even just for the cheap laugh. As the people who commented on it and "endorsing it" I find it appalling that these people would do such a thing. It's funny because these are the same people who would go on and say that TS server we associate with should take bad PR because the actions of a single people. From that perceptive, we should blame bluewiz and his people for doing such a thing. Even if it was one person that did this, everyone supported it and for that I say for shame! For shame... You've now reached infamy levels that surpasses me.
Last edited by Reach Term on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Damager

Post by Lord Damager » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:23 am

im only surprised at ivan. i hate him for trolling and shit, but i wouldnt expect him to go this low. but doing shit like this is just absurd. They deserve the bans they got, and hopefully, for a long ass time to.
<Igor>MITT ROBOTNY VS BRAK BANANA

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:24 am

I am not going to lie here but honestly they have now severed all the bridges in this community. Security risk at it's best.

Dusk
Developer

Post by Dusk » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:45 am

There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said in this thread.

Qent

Post by Qent » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:46 am

legion wrote: was there even a point to what they were trying to accomplish, other than pure maliciousness?
I can only hope that it was a misguided attempt to strike back at cheaters. Still, that would be no justification. Not to mention the possibility of people's downloading it "just to try" for offline, or administrators' trying to analyze it. For all we know, it was in fact targeted at the administrators.

If any of you see something like this in the future, especially if you find out that it's actually malware, please don't endorse it "for the lols." Please report it to the administrators and to Youtube and Mediafire.

Disguise

Post by Disguise » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:50 am

What they did is laughable. If you really want, you can put pathetic there too.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:52 am

Qent wrote:
legion wrote: was there even a point to what they were trying to accomplish, other than pure maliciousness?
I can only hope that it was a misguided attempt to strike back at cheaters. Still, that would be no justification. Not to mention the possibility of people's downloading it "just to try" for offline, or administrators' trying to analyze it. For all we know, it was in fact targeted at the administrators.

If any of you see something like this in the future, especially if you find out that it's actually malware, please don't endorse it "for the lols." Please report it to the administrators and to Youtube and Mediafire.
I wish it was a misguided attempt, though they came in today trying to get us to check it out, so I'm (in my opinion) 100% confident this was a malicious attempt to hurt people no matter what they say. They will probably TRY to claim that it was 'to stop cheaters' to get out of their punishment, though I'm sure their actions and the evidence provided speaks for itself.
Last edited by Watermelon on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

X-Ray

Post by X-Ray » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:53 am

What The hell did you guys do that for? Kinda dumb : /

edd
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by edd » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 am

I, for one, am extremely shocked at this type of behavior. I'm a part of the Zandronum community for wholesome and non-threatening entertainment. I never imagined someone would have been spreading malicious software around. These individuals should be dealt with in the most justifying way possible. Hopefully these types of programs won't be sent around to unsuspecting victims.