Generic Purpose Ruin
Generic Purpose TheMisterCat
IRC/Host Konar6
IRC/Host MiFU
IRC Tribeam

--------------------------------------------Mandatory Rules

Do not edit a user's post for any other reason than moderation

All bans must be logged and contain the user, ip, and reason

Never insult a user even if he or she deserves it and never flaunt your power around

--------------------------------------------Suggested Guidelines

Warn users when necessary- if you split a thread over and over without warning then they won't know/care

Don't coddle the users- if a user creates problems and then is forced to deal with the consequences, forcing the situation to end may send the message that people can act stupid and we will save the day. The community needs to be mature and this helps users grow

You are all users- don't distance yourself from the players, we want them to find it easy to talk to us at any time

Try not to bicker in public- this will be an open house so some things cannot be hidden, but if nothing else you must be civil with eachother. We do not expect everyone to agree and would be worried if nobody speaks up, however there's the right and wrong way to do it

Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Staff

Post by Metal » Sat May 26, 2012 12:19 am

Zap610 wrote: Spearhead Torr Samaho
--------------------------------------------Development
Developer Blzut3
Developer Dusk
Developer Edward-san
Developer MP2E
Developer TIHan
Developer Unknownna
Developer Zalewa
--------------------------------------------Administration
Head Metal
Head/Host Wartorn
Admin Zap610
Admin/Host Dark-Assassin
--------------------------------------------Staff
Generic Purpose Disguise
Generic Purpose Dynamo128
Generic Purpose Grymmoire
Generic Purpose HeavenWraith
Generic Purpose Stipsi
Generic Purpose TheToxicAvenger
Generic Purpose Ruin
Generic Purpose TheMisterCat
IRC/Host Konar6
IRC/Host MiFU
IRC Tribeam

--------------------------------------------Mandatory Rules

Do not edit a user's post for any other reason than moderation

All bans must be logged and contain the user, ip, and reason

Never insult a user even if he or she deserves it and never flaunt your power around

--------------------------------------------Suggested Guidelines

Warn users when necessary- if you split a thread over and over without warning then they won't know/care

Don't coddle the users- if a user creates problems and then is forced to deal with the consequences, forcing the situation to end may send the message that people can act stupid and we will save the day. The community needs to be mature and this helps users grow

You are all users- don't distance yourself from the players, we want them to find it easy to talk to us at any time

Try not to bicker in public- this will be an open house so some things cannot be hidden, but if nothing else you must be civil with eachother. We do not expect everyone to agree and would be worried if nobody speaks up, however there's the right and wrong way to do it
Do not reverse other staffs decisions (e.g. Bans, warns, etc). Speak to an administrator if you think something was done unfairly.

Don't make an ass out of yourself in public, we are here to represent the port as well as moderate it.

HeX9109
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by HeX9109 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Metal wrote:Don't make an ass out of yourself in public, we are here to represent the port as well as moderate it.
This will be what separates Skulltag Administration from Zandronum Administration. I hated the old staff that thought it was OK to troll and use their powers for fun. That being said I am well aware that I was guilty of the same actions back when I was a Skulltag Admin, and looking back that was a terrible mistake.
Like a good neighbor, UD is there! http://www.unidoom.org

Metal

Post by Metal » Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 pm

HeX9109 wrote:
Metal wrote:Don't make an ass out of yourself in public, we are here to represent the port as well as moderate it.
This will be what separates Skulltag Administration from Zandronum Administration. I hated the old staff that thought it was OK to troll and use their powers for fun. That being said I am well aware that I was guilty of the same actions back when I was a Skulltag Admin, and looking back that was a terrible mistake.
Agreed. I have done this many times as well in the past. But I've learned from my mistakes. And it won't be happening again.

Zap610

Post by Zap610 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 pm

In this regard, I don't think staff should have second chances. I mean look, if someone uses his or her judgement, bans a user in an objective manner, but the staff decide against it, then of course there should be chances. It wasn't malicious and everybody makes mistakes. But this is different, and unless someone is a 3 year old who doesn't know right from wrong I really see no excuse. Why would we even hire a 3 year old in the first place?!

And to clarify I don't mean what happened in the past. This is about the here and now.
Last edited by Zap610 on Thu May 31, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyber'
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:15 am

Playing in servers as staff members can bring a positive impact on the community as well, if the members of staff are mature in the server. Being able to gather a group of people into servers is an easy way to start up games like deathmatch, possession, and the such.