WhoDunIt - Finally Released!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Killer2
Banned
Banned: Permanently

RE: Who Dun It - Nearing Final Final

Post by Killer2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Another weird bug I noticed. I pressed the change colour button a lot, and after like 4 presses in 3 seconds, it kicked me, saying that I flooded the server.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Theshooter7 wrote:
Oh, that is true, though I've never seen said endings nor have I figured out how to trigger them. :V
You're not alone. Nobody so far yet discovered how to unlock them, so I wrote a little FAQ if someone is interested in it:

However this'll require Fix3, which is not yet hosted.
[spoiler]-------HOW TO GET LEVEL 4 KEYCARD:

Go to WC, and check one of the toilets there and flush it.
If...
A) ...there was a flashlight in it, keycard will soon spawn nearby in restroom area, the flashlight will spawn near one of three green waterfalls around map in half-minute.
B) ...there was a keycard in it, the key will spawn near one of three green waterfalls around map in half-minute.

-------HOW TO GET LEVEL 7 KEYCARD:

1)First you need to find A)dead sitting marine and B)fireaxe.

1-a) Dead marine randomly spawns in any 5 spots around map:
A)in train in the Monorail station
B)in the storage room near airlock
C)near darts in collapsed hallway with floating platforms
D)behind fastfood machine in the engine area
E)near box in the engine area

1-b) Two fireaxes randomly spawns in any 4 spots around map:
A)In the dinery room near windows
B)In the one of the cabin in the restroom
C)In the pyramid cave behind the teleportator
D)In the outside area behind the machinery
Hurt that dead marine (lol), till SOLDIER'S HAND breaks off, collect it.

2) Head to engine area and break cracked wall with your fireaxe. Then step on the scan.
The door will open, collect KEYCARD LV7.

------HOW TO GET EASTER EGG AND WHERE TO USE:

1)Go to ruins area and find tablet glowing red. You will need to stack on another player
to get in there. Collect the EASTER EGG.

It can be used with..
A) ..Juke Box in the dinery room.
B) ..on of the cabin in restroom.

------HOW TO GET SOS ENDINGS.

1) Find KEYCARD LV7.
2) Unlock LV7 door and press button.
3) Wait till something happens. (≈3mins)
4) Escape to the surface and close hatch.

------HOW TO GET WATER ENDINGS.

1) Unlock the door behind the cracked wall.
2) Jump on player or on chair to get DYNAMITE.
3) Head to the outside area near airlock and find exhaust port with warning
and throw your DYNAMITE in it.
4) Wait around 3 minutes
4) When flood is up, find some surface area where you can swim to.

------HOW TO GET PANDEMONIUM ENDING.

As murderer:
1) Find 5 decapitated bodies around marsis and cut out 5 artifacts from each one with your knife.
2) Go to hell world and receive SOULCUBE.
3) Use it on 5 black pentagram marks around base. (check your automap to see them)
[/spoiler]
Last edited by Zeberpal on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Sicamore
Forum Regular
Clan: Scientific DM Acad
Clan Tag: [SDA]

Post by Sicamore » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello. After playing whodunit for a considerably long time, I am wondering if it is possible to make a map for the wad. Pls reply, as i am very keen to know if this is possible.

Synert
Forum Regular

Post by Synert » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Killer2 wrote: Another weird bug I noticed. I pressed the change colour button a lot, and after like 4 presses in 3 seconds, it kicked me, saying that I flooded the server.
Yeah, changing colours too often kicks you anyway. It's not a bug :x

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Synert wrote:
Killer2 wrote: Another weird bug I noticed. I pressed the change colour button a lot, and after like 4 presses in 3 seconds, it kicked me, saying that I flooded the server.
Yeah, changing colours too often kicks you anyway. It's not a bug :x
Flooding the server can cause lag for other players, so the server kicks you automatically for doing so to prevent that from happening.

Also, the colour changer is a great addition to the game. Well done Synert :P

Killer2
Banned

Post by Killer2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Found yet another bug! I was playing murd and I got the "X", but one of them was missing. Caused me to lose the game, which was quite infuriating.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:45 am

Killer2 wrote: Ok, so I played a match of the new WhoDunIt and a bug happened. I am sure you said you wouldn't let people in murd's wall, but I went to bar, berthed everyone, then entered the new wall between bar and hallway. 2 people followed me and one chainsawed me to death. Is this intentional?
I'm still not sure what to do about players getting into the walls, that is, should they be allowed to or not. I'm open for discussion on this.
Capt.J3 wrote: So, When will the "Final Final" (>.>) will be released? I would like to know because I am making two more maps, and I would like to have at least my "The moving Train" level to be part of WhoDunIt.
Btw, I would like to to some fixing to the coding of my M1 Carbine. I will remove that annoying Jamming thing.
It'll be released when it's ready. "When it's ready" is when everyone is satisfied with the content going into it. So if you want a map of yours in, as long as it doesn't take months to finish, I'm down with waiting a bit for it.

Also, IMO you should keep the jamming function. It balances that weapon perfectly. Because of the Random Damage the weapon can do, one shot can do upwards of 60 damage (!) to the murderer, making it the most powerful weapon in the game (since it has much more range and ammo than the shotgun, and a higher rate of fire). If anything, I can suggest reducing the chance of jamming, and possibly removing the 1 bullet loss when it jams (so unjamming it just wastes time but not ammo).
Mooseknuckle wrote: Here ya go. ;)
I also whipped up a proper pickup sprite for the Beretta as well, since it still uses the unfitting default pistol pickup sprite:

EDIT: While still on the subject of sprites, I noticed that there was a fire axe weapon with some slightly sketchy graphics in the resource WAD that goes unused in the actual game, as far as I know. Do you have any plans to add it back in? I have a set of axe graphics that Mike12 made (I'm pretty sure it was him) and I could modify those accordingly if you'd like.
These look great! Thank you.

As for the Axe, that weapon is currently exclusive to Marsis. If you want, you can see if Zeberpal would like some replacements. I'm a bit lazy at the moment to look at the sprites you mention in the pk3. :V So I don't know if they are the same or not. Regardless, I won't be introducing this weapon into the core unless utterly demanded.
Killer2 wrote:Another weird bug I noticed. I pressed the change colour button a lot, and after like 4 presses in 3 seconds, it kicked me, saying that I flooded the server.
This is a userinfo change flood protection in SkullTag/Zandronum. But thanks for bringing this to my attention; I can add a delay into the script to prevent it being run multiple times really fast (thus preventing accidental kicks).
Killer2 wrote:Found yet another bug! I was playing murd and I got the "X", but one of them was missing. Caused me to lose the game, which was quite infuriating.
*sigh* I'm not gonna lie, I _REALLY_ think it's a bug with SkullTag. I've seriously done every single trick possible to get it to work right, and it does work most of the time but it just seems to forget a player randomly, which is completely whack. Hopefully Zandronum has it fixed and you should no longer experience this after this release and when played with Zandronum.
Sicamore wrote:Hello. After playing whodunit for a considerably long time, I am wondering if it is possible to make a map for the wad. Pls reply, as i am very keen to know if this is possible.
Of course it's possible. Several people have made custom maps already. :V

@Zeberpal: Dat FAQ. Thanks a ton, now perhaps we can do some of these things in a game.

EDIT: Came up with an idea for the pool cue; how about extending it's reach? That should give it some more strengths as well as benefiting from the increased stun power.
Last edited by Theshooter7 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:05 am

Theshooter7 wrote:
Mooseknuckle wrote: Here ya go. ;)
I also whipped up a proper pickup sprite for the Beretta as well, since it still uses the unfitting default pistol pickup sprite:

EDIT: While still on the subject of sprites, I noticed that there was a fire axe weapon with some slightly sketchy graphics in the resource WAD that goes unused in the actual game, as far as I know. Do you have any plans to add it back in? I have a set of axe graphics that Mike12 made (I'm pretty sure it was him) and I could modify those accordingly if you'd like.
These look great! Thank you.

As for the Axe, that weapon is currently exclusive to Marsis. If you want, you can see if Zeberpal would like some replacements. I'm a bit lazy at the moment to look at the sprites you mention in the pk3. :V So I don't know if they are the same or not. Regardless, I won't be introducing this weapon into the core unless utterly demanded.
I finished editing the rifle! The differences are probably subtle, but I got rid of a few stay pixels near the right edge of the wooden stock toward the barrel, and also got rid of some of the excess pixels around the left wrist. It's all cleaned up now. ;)

I'd do some editing of the pool cue and shovel as well, but I couldn't find them in the PK3. e_e If you give me the names, I'll get it done. :D

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... arbine.zip
Last edited by Mooseknuckle on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minigunner

Post by Minigunner » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:04 am

Since the last release will take a while, I might as well say that I am creating random spawners for rocks, trees, and bottles.
Theshooter7 wrote:EDIT: Came up with an idea for the pool cue; how about extending it's reach? That should give it some more strengths as well as benefiting from the increased stun power.
Yes, I like that idea. Speaking of the pool cue, can you provide a sound for when it hits a wall/person? As for all melee puffs, you should put "$limit <sound> 2" (or 3) in SNDINFO for all puff sounds so that too many instances of the same sound don't play.
Last edited by Minigunner on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

Killer2
Banned

Post by Killer2 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:44 am

Theshooter7 wrote:
Killer2 wrote:Found yet another bug! I was playing murd and I got the "X", but one of them was missing. Caused me to lose the game, which was quite infuriating.
*sigh* I'm not gonna lie, I _REALLY_ think it's a bug with SkullTag. I've seriously done every single trick possible to get it to work right, and it does work most of the time but it just seems to forget a player randomly, which is completely whack. Hopefully Zandronum has it fixed and you should no longer experience this after this release and when played with Zandronum.
Before Zandronum (btw, why was Skulltag's name changed?) fixes it, I would like to suggest a possible fix. Make it so that 3 or more markers are added on top of each other. In this way, if a player doesn't get a marker, it might get another one of the two. I have no idea how coding works, so I don't know if this idea would be viable or not.

On another note, I would like to adress some balance issues in two of the maps. Sure, they are some old maps, and nobody complained until now, but in my opinion they aren't balanced.

I will start with the Prison map. This map is very easy to win for the murderer:
-it only has one powerful weapon, which may or may not spawn;
-no chainsaw or crossbow;
-not enough wrenches;
-the murd gets the most help in a wall here, with 2 berths and lots of medis.

While the huge open spaces in this map do help the innocents, I get a feeling it's not enough, and if the gun doesn't spawn they may even be easily killed as a group. When I am murderer, this map is usually a piece of cake.

Suggestions: (note:I don't recommend adding all of them)
-make the gun always spawn (this way, the murd has to be at least somewhat more cautious);
-add a secondary weapon, like the chainsaw or crossbow;
-add more wrenches;
-give the murderer less provisions in the wall.

Now the next map, which is actually too in favor of innocents, is the Museum. It's very easy to win for the innocents:
-it has 4 powerful weapons, 3 of which don't require keys;
-it has two very open areas that can be camped easily, without much fear of bertholite;
-it's very dark, which can help the innocents hide very effectively (not necessarily an issue)

The main problem of this map is that it has too many weapons that are way too easy to reach. The murderer is already having enough problems to kill someone with a shotgun, here he has to kill 2 persons with a shotgun while he is being xbowed and chainsawed to death! The guns simply give the innocents too much power.

Suggestions:
-remove one of the guns;
-remove chainsaw or xbow;
-place secondary keys that open the gun places or the xbow, making them harder to get;
-make it so that if one gun spawns, the other doesn't (while keeping the possibility that none of them spawn);
-make the outer areas smaller, or darker, so they are harder to camp;
-give murderer more meds and 2 berths;
-remove some of the simple weapons (not really recommended).

This map has always been very annoying to me as murd. I think I never won when both guns have spawned, but managed to win (not easily though) when one was missing.

Anyways, these are my 2 cents on these maps. Hoping to hear some opinions soon.
Last edited by Killer2 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:02 pm

I need to stop quoting people. Starting now. :V

@Mooseknuckle: The shovel uses SHLR* and SHLR* for sprites, and the Pool Cue uses POCU* for it's frames (for pickup, it uses POOL and POOZ for the two different pickup sprites). The pool cue kind of looks like ass, though, but do what you can. :P

@Minigunner: Ah, yes. I puff sound would be great, wouldn't it? Keep forgetting about adding one and then wondering why the pool cue has no "oomph" to it's attack. And limiting the puff sounds would be best heh.

@Killer2: Thank you for your suggestions, these are really good. I will do a little rebalancing of those maps then. Kinda funny; WDI04 used to be impossible for the murd because there was little connectivity with murd holes for him to navigate, making it difficult to get anywhere or escape. Now that I fixed that, it's too unbalanced for the innocents. :V

Killer2
Banned

Post by Killer2 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Theshooter7 wrote: @Killer2: Thank you for your suggestions, these are really good.
Glad I could help. I will keep an eye out for more glitches or balance issues, I've yet to try the new maps properly.

Parad0x
New User

RE: Who Dun It 2: The Son of Who Dun It

Post by Parad0x » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 pm

We had this Title already >,>

Also is the whole punch whoring issue fixed now?
Last edited by Parad0x on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Parad0x wrote: We had this Title already >,>

Also is the whole punch whoring issue fixed now?
It's a good title! :lol:

And yes it has been for a couple versions now at least.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Dunno if its on purpose but some walls in the school map show the murder while he is looking outside, say he has door open and looking out he wouldn't appear on most doors but some walls the in the school dont hide him and innocents will see him.

Edit : Wall holes.
Last edited by Cruduxy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 pm

I realize I exported those M1 images as BMP's, so I batch converted them into PNG's for you. c:
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... ne-png.zip

Also, I'm working on the pool cue and the shovel right now. It really won't take much to get the pool cue looking good. I think the main issue is the aliasing on the left side.

EDIT: Pool cue done. I also made some slightly scaled down pickup sprites to better match the other pickup sprites.
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... prites.zip

Just gotta do the shovel now.

EDIT 2: Shovel done!
http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... shovel.zip

EDIT 3: So I had this angled crossbow sprite sitting in my resources folder... It was originally the crossbow from Redneck Rampage, and The_Funktasm edited it into a wooden stocked version with a normal bolt, but it had Blood hands. So, I decided to give rehanding it a go.
What do you think? New crossbow sprite for WDI?
It even comes with its own pickup sprite. ;)
Last edited by Mooseknuckle on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sicamore
Forum Regular
Clan: Scientific DM Acad
Clan Tag: [SDA]

Post by Sicamore » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 pm

thank you! I shall finalize my map and then send it in.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 pm

@Mooseknuckle: Thanks a ton for the sprites! These look much better!

About the crossbow: I dunno if we should replace it; the current one has extra animations and such (Strife crossbow heh). Does that crossbow have suitable reloading animations and the like?

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Theshooter7 wrote: @Mooseknuckle: Thanks a ton for the sprites! These look much better!

About the crossbow: I dunno if we should replace it; the current one has extra animations and such (Strife crossbow heh). Does that crossbow have suitable reloading animations and the like?
It needs to be animated, but it shouldn't be too difficult to do. :o Either that, or the reload animation would be the gun lowering and then raising back up. Which actually makes sense with a full-sized crossbow. You put your foot in the loop at the end, load a bolt, and then pull the string back with both arms. Of course, the speed could be unrealistic for balance purposes.

EDIT:
Updated with firing animations and extended arms, as well as a few tweaks with the perspective. They're a little repetitive (the arms) but they'll mostly be off-screen, I'd imagine, so it's not that big of a deal.

EDIT 2: Do you have a template for the melee weapon player sprites that I can edit the pickup sprites into (for player sprites)?

EDIT 3: I've edited this post at least 13 times... I keep noticing minor imperfections and going back and revising it. This should be the last time, though. All the details are pretty much perfected to the best of my ability.
Last edited by Mooseknuckle on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:34 pm

How is this for a changelog so far?
Spoiler: Changelog thus far (Open)
  • Changed the Ammo spawners to spawn shotgun shells more likely than pistol clips. Shells now spawn 60% of the time and clips 40%
  • Modified the drop weapon command so that it stops dropping the weapon when you release the button; the prevents issues with pressing the button, and changing or picking up a weapon and suddenly drop it.
  • Increased the attack range of the Pool Cue to give it some additional edge in melee (64/72 -> 72/80)
  • Increased the pool cue's damage again (4/6 -> 5/7)
  • Fixed: In the event the level restarts (because of survival mode conditions), the tally board will disappear much quicker.
  • Fixed: Players will no longer get kicked for changing their color too rapidly
  • The Chainsaw now stays on/off when you switch weapons
  • Fixed: You could carry twice as many shotgun shells as you should have (players were somehow given a backpack, which let them carry 24 instead of 12 as intended)
  • Fixed: Crossbow bolts can now be dropped
  • Added some $limit entries to the SNDINFO for swinging sounds and the like
  • Added sounds for hitting the player and hitting a wall with the pool cue
  • Increased the time it takes for the stun effect to wear off, making the stun effect much more effective than before
  • Increased the chance of the KeySpawner to actually spawn the Bar Key (128 -> 176)
  • Flares will emit small puffs of smoke when they are down to 5 seconds of light
  • Flares now list a bit longer (700 -> 900)
  • The M1 Carbine now jams a bit less often
  • The M1 Carbine no longer loses a bullet when jamming
  • Added touched up/new sprites by Mooseknuckle (Thanks!)
  • Increased the maximum amount of slowdown you can have from the stun effect (3 -> 5)
  • Reduced maximum carryable M1 Ammo (3 -> 2)
  • Killing rats as the murderer now gives a tiny bit of sanity
  • Fake Stim traps no longer make any noise when deployed (makes them a bit more useful)
  • Fake Stim gas now deploys much quicker, making it a bit deadlier
  • Fake Stims can now take a tiny bit more of a beating before being destroyed (but not much)
  • Fake Stims no longer bleed when hit
  • Fixed: players now only receive 1 flare each map
  • The stun effect now reduces your speed a bit more (25% -> 30%)
  • Fixed: Some of the machinery on WDI05 was still impassible
  • Bertholite is a bit more damaging now (it deals damage every 18 tics instead of every 35)
  • Bertholite was given some flags to make it cover an area more
  • Bertholite clouds' physical size has been reduced
  • WDI04: Added a murderer hall that leads out of the security room. This allows the murderer to escape this dead-end room
  • WDI04: Added a fixed spawn for the pistol in the security room
  • WDI04: Added several random spawn positions for the Shotgun; it has a gurantee spawn at one of the points
  • WDI02: Replaced the Crossbow with a shovel
  • WDI02: Removed some bad floor tags
  • WDI02: Added a path between the upper balcony (formerly a dead end) in the main hall and the back cellar
  • WDI02: Added a fixed spawn for the pistol in one of the lounge rooms (replacing the random spawner)
  • WDI02: Added an extra bertholite bottle and 2 extra fake stims to the murderer's restock room
  • Added two additional songs to the Finale Music
  • Increased D_FATE easter egg song chance slightly (1% -> 3%)
  • Merged the Classic gamemode code into the main pk3; WDI is now just one pk3 for the core contents
@Mooseknuckle: I'll add the Crossbow then, but can you zip the sprites up for me? Also, the weapons you gave me (shovel, pool cue, and M1) have transparency and offset issues. Is it possible for you to get the cue. M1, and shovel their offsets again and remove the background from them? If you can't fix the transparency, at least make sure the Pool Cue has the same cyan color as the rest then (as I can remove it in SLADE like I did for the M1), but the offsets are big deal.
Last edited by Theshooter7 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.