WhoDunIt - Finally Released!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

RE: Who Dun It - Nearing Final Final

Post by Slyfox » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:08 am

Devon wrote:
Edward-san wrote: make the maps brighter for software dudes, damn it!
+1

I can't see s**t on half the maps, and the lack of 3d floors makes it more unplayable. Hopefully Zand will have 3d floor support for software users like 98e-alpha of SkullTag did.
if you manged to grab kgs' 3d floors 97d add-on b4 the forums exploded, that 3d floors bit shouldnt be a problem for software

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:57 am

Mooseknuckle wrote: I got the chance to play today, and I have to say, it was incredibly fun,even though I kept dying. :) The only thing I have to complain about is the shovel's really out of place pickup sprite. :P
Thank you for reminding me, it kind of does need to be scaled down. :V Though I know it doesn't fit aesthetically, either, there isn't much I can do about that. :/

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:11 am

How about this one?

EDIT: I decided to give it a shot. What do you think?

EDIT 2: I'm pretty sure that was too big. Second try:

EDIT 3: Brighter version that'll probably fit in better:
I'm done this time, promise.
Last edited by Mooseknuckle on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:14 am

WDI05 is missing those Line IDs with flags 16 for murd doors by the way.
By the way, maybe force blackscreen when game is over is not important since it's not always working?
What are sound emmiters for?
Last edited by Zeberpal on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Minigunner

Post by Minigunner » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:17 am

So I noticed a couple of things:
1. For the complete carrying-over of inventory, we would have to wait for Inventory.InterHubAmount to be implemented into Zandronum. What +INVENTORY.INTERHUBSTRIP really does is strip you of all of an inventory item; without it, you only get to carry one of the item over, unless otherwise defined by the above property (the InterHubAmount 1 default is there for, ya know, Hexen/Heretic compatibility :razz: ).
2. The Bertholite bottle projectiles have a 12 radius and 12 height, while the clouds have a radius of 20 and a height of 30. You cannot give an actor a larger collision box size than its spawner, or clipping issues will occur (just take a look at the concentrated Bertholite when the bottle hits a wall. That is a bunch of cloud actors that are stuck and cannot move). Also, I think the slow Bertholite cloud actors should bounce off walls and slide on floors (+NOEXPLODEFLOOR) for better coverage.
3. ...Can't remember any more problems. I may list more tomorrow. :redface:
Last edited by Minigunner on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:14 am

Minigunner wrote: 2. The Bertholite bottle projectiles have a 12 radius and 12 height, while the clouds have a radius of 20 and a height of 30. You cannot give an actor a larger collision box size than its spawner, or clipping issues will occur (just take a look at the concentrated Bertholite when the bottle hits a wall. That is a bunch of cloud actors that are stuck and cannot move). Also, I think the slow Bertholite cloud actors should bounce off walls and slide on floors (+NOEXPLODEFLOOR) for better coverage.
Does it mean it causes those bertho crashes?
Image ImageImage

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:54 am

Slyfox wrote: if you manged to grab kgs' 3d floors 97d add-on b4 the forums exploded, that 3d floors bit shouldnt be a problem for software
Gawd, too late. Probably not worth it now seeing as we'll be switching to Zand soon anyway, unless you or anyone else knows where to find it? :biggrin:

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Mooseknuckle wrote: How about this one?

Ah that is good. I'm glad you rotated the sprite, too! I was going to use the bigger one, since I can just scale it in DECORATE, but if it doesn't work out the smaller ones will be used instead. :biggrin:
Zeberpal wrote:WDI05 is missing those Line IDs with flags 16 for murd doors by the way.
By the way, maybe force blackscreen when game is over is not important since it's not always working?
What are sound emmiters for?
I'll fix those flags, but I can't recall what flag 16 is for. :V

Black screen only doesn't work for the last person to die. There is a way I can fix that, though.

Sound Emitters are useful for making a distraction. Place one down, and when a player moves out the line of sight of an emitter, it'll make either (randomly): Foot step noises, a knife draw sound, or the sound of a player being attacked by the knife (stab sound and everything). It's really useful in throwing innocents off if you are nearby and/or they suspect you. I once managed to get 3 innocents to look away from me because of an emitter, netting me 3 quick kills (2 backstabs). >:3
Minigunner wrote:So I noticed a couple of things:
1. For the complete carrying-over of inventory, we would have to wait for Inventory.InterHubAmount to be implemented into Zandronum. What +INVENTORY.INTERHUBSTRIP really does is strip you of all of an inventory item; without it, you only get to carry one of the item over, unless otherwise defined by the above property (the InterHubAmount 1 default is there for, ya know, Hexen/Heretic compatibility :Razz: ).
2. The Bertholite bottle projectiles have a 12 radius and 12 height, while the clouds have a radius of 20 and a height of 30. You cannot give an actor a larger collision box size than its spawner, or clipping issues will occur (just take a look at the concentrated Bertholite when the bottle hits a wall. That is a bunch of cloud actors that are stuck and cannot move). Also, I think the slow Bertholite cloud actors should bounce off walls and slide on floors (+NOEXPLODEFLOOR) for better coverage.
3. ...Can't remember any more problems. I may list more tomorrow. :Redface:
1. Actually it works fine, InterHubAmount just supersedes INTERHUBSTRIP. But by subtracting the flag from the items, it works fine. Is there something it isn't working for? I'm pretty sure I forgot to add the removal to several items.

2. I'll look into those. I've always thought that their coverage was pretty random.
Zeberpal wrote:Does it mean it causes those bertho crashes?
No, that is an issue in SkullTag 98d. 98e/Zandronum fixes the problem.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:35 pm

TheShooter7, I meant Capt.J3 probably didn't make those fake walls before murderer doors in walls.
As for black screens i reminded it just because it prevents from marsis ending screens appear. Well it's not such a big loss, heh.
Going to use emitters usually now.
Image ImageImage

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Theshooter7 wrote:
Mooseknuckle wrote: How about this one?

Ah that is good. I'm glad you rotated the sprite, too! I was going to use the bigger one, since I can just scale it in DECORATE, but if it doesn't work out the smaller ones will be used instead. :biggrin:
Yay! :biggrin: I just might be tempted to use the shovel more often next update. ;)

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Zeberpal wrote: TheShooter7, I meant Capt.J3 probably didn't make those fake walls before murderer doors in walls.
As for black screens i reminded it just because it prevents from marsis ending screens appear. Well it's not such a big loss, heh.
Going to use emitters usually now.
Oh, that is true, though I've never seen said endings nor have I figured out how to trigger them. :V

I'll see about adding something into the source that allows the fade to be disabled via a function or something.

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:01 am

I noticed today that the M1 pickup sprite's also a bit wonky looking. I dunno, it kind of looks like plastic. Want me to whip up a replacement for that one, too?

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:15 am

Mooseknuckle wrote: I noticed today that the M1 pickup sprite's also a bit wonky looking. I dunno, it kind of looks like plastic. Want me to whip up a replacement for that one, too?
Go right ahead. It does seem a bit out of place. I also cannot show it's pickup sprite on the HUD near the ammo like I can the other weapons because it doesn't scale properly.

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:49 am

Theshooter7 wrote:
Mooseknuckle wrote: I noticed today that the M1 pickup sprite's also a bit wonky looking. I dunno, it kind of looks like plastic. Want me to whip up a replacement for that one, too?
Go right ahead. It does seem a bit out of place. I also cannot show it's pickup sprite on the HUD near the ammo like I can the other weapons because it doesn't scale properly.
Here ya go. ;)
I also whipped up a proper pickup sprite for the Beretta as well, since it still uses the unfitting default pistol pickup sprite:

EDIT: While still on the subject of sprites, I noticed that there was a fire axe weapon with some slightly sketchy graphics in the resource WAD that goes unused in the actual game, as far as I know. Do you have any plans to add it back in? I have a set of axe graphics that Mike12 made (I'm pretty sure it was him) and I could modify those accordingly if you'd like.
Last edited by Mooseknuckle on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer2
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Killer2 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 am

Ok, so I played a match of the new WhoDunIt and a bug happened. I am sure you said you wouldn't let people in murd's wall, but I went to bar, berthed everyone, then entered the new wall between bar and hallway. 2 people followed me and one chainsawed me to death. Is this intentional?

Mooseknuckle

Post by Mooseknuckle » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:42 am

Killer2 wrote: Ok, so I played a match of the new WhoDunIt and a bug happened. I am sure you said you wouldn't let people in murd's wall, but I went to bar, berthed everyone, then entered the new wall between bar and hallway. 2 people followed me and one chainsawed me to death. Is this intentional?
That's happened to me before as well. I think it's a matter of them getting to the door behind you before it shuts. You probably just weren't fast enough. :P

Synert
Forum Regular

Post by Synert » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:57 am

Conflag originally planned to make the walls kill any innocent who managed to enter them, IIRC

Capt.J3

Post by Capt.J3 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 pm

So, When will the "Final Final" (>.>) will be released? I would like to know because I am making two more maps, and I would like to have at least my "The moving Train" level to be part of WhoDunIt.

Btw, I would like to to some fixing to the coding of my M1 Carbine. I will remove that annoying Jamming thing.
Last edited by Capt.J3 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Capt.J3 wrote: Btw, I would like to to some fixing to the coding of my M1 Carbine. I will remove that annoying Jamming thing.
Yeah, that jamming thing is epicly annoying. It just makes this weapon not worth picking for me. Maybe it should be a bit more rapid-fire.
Image ImageImage

Capt.J3

Post by Capt.J3 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Zeberpal wrote:
Capt.J3 wrote: Btw, I would like to to some fixing to the coding of my M1 Carbine. I will remove that annoying Jamming thing.
Yeah, that jamming thing is epicly annoying. It just makes this weapon not worth picking for me. Maybe it should be a bit more rapid-fire.
I was thinking the same thing.

here are some things that I can do.

1.) Add more ammo to the clip. (8 to 15),weaken the gun (16 to 14), rapid the firing rate and remove the jamming.

or

2.) keep the amount of ammo in the clip, toughen up the gun (16 to 17), keep the firing rate and keep the jamming, but reduce the chances of it happening.

or

3.) just rapid the firing rate by a little and simply removing the jamming.