Some obligatory screenshots: Click here!
A video showcasing some gameplay: [spoiler]
And finally, a download link to the actual thing: Click here to download RagnarokDM!
Be sure to download the super awesome music pack! Don't be afraid of the filesize, it's TOTALLY worth it, as many have said! You put this file in your skins folder. Click here to download RagnarokDM Music Pack!
This mod also features a lot of new content such as new weapons, items and what not! Here is a readme for those:
[spoiler]======== RAGNAROK WEAPONS GUIDE ========
- The weapons are heavily edited here, so some weapons may not act the same as their Vanilla counterparts. Here are the changes;
* Chainsaw can now potentially 1 to 3 hit kill players.
* Pistol does so much more damage now, although a bit slower. It's also very accurate.
* Shotgun shoots 9 pellets rather than 7 now and has vertical spread.
* Supershotgun does tiny bit more damage per pellet and spreads less.
* Chaingun does tiny bit more damage per pellet.
* Minigun is a bit slower but tiny bit more damaging, it also has wind up and wind down sequences.
* Rockets are a bit faster.
* Plasma rifle damage increased a bit.
* Railgun is remade, it shoots a rail that does 100 damage now and has no need to reload.
* BFG9000 ball is made to one shot you at all costs. (Except when you have a fully charged PSI armor)
- And some new weapons also exist, some of them are:
* The Riotgun. This beast of a weapon shoots lesser amount of pellets compared to Shotgun but they do more damage. There's also the alternate fire mode which causes it to shoot up any ammo left in the drum.
* The Plasma Cannon. This weapon makes Plasma Rifle look like a toy. This shoots a big plasma ball that goes straight and accelerates after 1.5 seconds, and when it accelerates after
a certain while, it explodes into a vortex that deals constant area damage. You do not get harmed by this. However, there's something beautiful with this weapon, you can detonate the plasma
ball at will, by simply defining a detonate key in your options. However, this WILL hurt you and after 1.5 seconds in which it starts accelerating, there's no way to detonate it, so use it wisely!
* The Hell Gate. This fearsome demonic weapon bears the power of inferno inside it. This weapon will spit out flames at first, but after a while if you keep firing, the weapon will become more powerful,
spitting both flames and souls of damned to seek your enemies. Killing people with this scorches them and feeds the demons, granting you additional ammo.
* The Missile Launcher. This isn't the generic rocket launcher type you know, this launches rockets that accelerate slowly and do more damage overall than a standard rocket. This weapon's beauty however comes from
the alternate fire modes it has, which can be switched with alternate fire key. It has 3 modes in total : Normal, Guided and Nuke. Guided missiles can only be used with a Heat-Seeking Card acquired. It makes the 5 shots you got
homing for your missiles. After that, it switches back to normal. The nuke mode, which is a nuclear warhead, takes 4 seconds to ready-up. After that, you can not switch any modes before launching it. It is your typical nuclear warhead
that owns anything on sight in a huge radius and after the explosion it keeps dealing damage constantly on a big area. Be sure to take cover after using it, though!
* For the rest of the weapons, explore, explore and explore!
======== RAGNAROK ITEMS GUIDE ========
- There are quite a lot of wonders around the maps, mostly being the stuff we are used to. However there may be some things you haven't seen before such as;
* Life Boost. A poor soul captured in a green flask that will boost your health by 15.
* God Mode. This is self explanatory. You launch incredibly damaging projectiles for 10 seconds, at the cost of all the weapons you had! You can not be harmed by any weapon. This is pretty much
like BFG9000 or BFG10k in a way, in which makes everyone either target you or fear you.
* PSI Armor. This isn't the usual kind of armor you know, it actually protects you from ALL damage you take. However to use it, you must have some cell ammo. It converts all the cells you have to damage absorbing
armor. You need to have at least 50 cells to activate it. To use it, you simply press the "Activate Item" key.[/spoiler]
Hosting Ragnarok Deathmatch:
[spoiler]======== RUNNING RAGNAROK DEATHMATCH ========
* This mod features Zandronum specific commands thus it will not work properly with Skulltag.
* To use this mod completely functional with Zandronum it is advised that you use skulltag_data.pk3 and skulltag_actors.pk3 WITH THIS EXACT ORDER BEFORE RAGNAROKDM.pk3 OR RAGNAROKDMVXXX.pk3
* Preferred Flags;
- dmflags=2642948, dmflags2=1536, compatflags=524352
* If you want to run additional mods with Ragnarok, be sure to ask ME (Ivan) FIRST! It may work, it may not work, it may work but then crash your server or worse... Arnold may press charges against you!
* For the best experience it is advised you use Arnold Schwarzenegger skin with this!
!*!*! Gameplay MOD(s) which are known to work with Ragnarok !*!*!
- Samsara LMS. (Only known bug is the jump heights of players are lower than what is meant to be in Samsara, but it is perfectly fit for maps, DM etc. won't work because this has new weapons and it MAY bug for some classes)[/spoiler]
I also leave the development of this to tor-bjorn, so in case some bug happens to be there just direct it to him, I will not have much time to take care of stuff anymore. On an unrelated note, the credits.txt is in the pk3, in case you want to know where some of the musics are from.
Enjoy and happy fragging!!