Ghosted V2 - Horror mod inspired by Slender

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
RaveYard

Ghosted V2 - Horror mod inspired by Slender

Post by RaveYard » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:10 pm

Title says all..
And It's not that scary.. you just don't expect it , sometimes.

How to play:
Collect all 8 scrolls scattered around the map to make the ghost disappear.
The More you collect the faster the ghost goes..
When you pick first scroll , it will appear.
You start with flashlight and "light comming out of your body"
You require OpenGL rendering , because of dynamic lighting
If you start hearing deep bass noise then he saw you and is following you.

Bugs:
it is possible that 9 scrolls will apear
the ghost can hurt you thru walls
the ghost may not disappear after picking up the final scroll

Multiplayer

Please set the gamemode to Survival and lives if possibly to 1
Supports 64 players (easier with more players)

Spoiler: Picture (Open)
Download link - here

What I might change in next version

Fixing the second bug
making the ghost agressive the more players there are (so basicly when 64 starts maybe 12 will survive.. or less if possible..)
Bigger map?
Last edited by RaveYard on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Projects:
[Horror] Ghosted 2 - version 2 - v2.1.0 : Here!

Synert
Forum Regular

RE: Ghosted V2 - Horror mod inspired by Slender

Post by Synert » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:53 pm

RaveYard wrote: Bugs:
..the ghost may not disappear after picking up the final scroll
:cry:
I might have to try this out later.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Ok I played this.........erm where to start :) well, the level design is bland, its just square rooms with NO detail, its all on one level, no steps, lifts or anything, also the textures used are bland. I'm sorry to say, it is probably the blandest map I have ever played. I can see that this mod would be good if it was set in a mansion or something or even a decent tech base with detail and some way of avoiding the ghost. As it is, the ghost is just annoying, you can't escape it or avoid it. I ended up killing the ghost and it went.....untill I visited the room where I killed it again, I heard the dreaded low quality 'ghost sound' and got stuck in what must have been the ghost's invisible spirt or something. Lots of ghost sounds and crouching ensued before I was able to escape again. I found 7 scrolls, I looked over every square inch of the map but could not find the 8th scroll. A work in progress maybe? It could be good with some cool maps and the bugs fixed.

RaveYard

Post by RaveYard » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:39 pm

Michelle wrote: the level design is bland, its just square rooms with NO detail, its all on one level, no steps, lifts or anything, also the textures used are bland. I'm sorry to say, it is probably the blandest map I have ever played. I can see that this mod would be good if it was set in a mansion or something or even a decent tech base with detail and some way of avoiding the ghost.
I am aware of the fact that the map is , well on z=0 but since the ghost is just a mere monster , it has problems finding paths to players.
I also am not a mapper , but I had to place somekind of map in here.
Michelle wrote: As it is, the ghost is just annoying, you can't escape it or avoid it.
I had three options..
A) slow player , slow the ghost
B) slow the ghost
C) make the ghost fast
I chose C .. I might switch option B..
Michelle wrote: I ended up killing the ghost and it went.....untill I visited the room where I killed it again
I don't get it. How could you kill it :eek:
(unless you kill monster'ed it )
Michelle wrote: I found 7 scrolls, I looked over every square inch of the map but could not find the 8th scroll.
Strange, when i IDDT IDDT the map I count 9 scrolls..
Michelle wrote: It could be good with some cool maps and the bugs fixed.
Thanks for tips :neutral:
This needs work since it's has been done in around total of 6 hours work
My Projects:

Ichtudirweh
New User

Post by Ichtudirweh » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:31 pm

Ok, I just completed your wad and I have a few suggestions myself. I am an huge fan of horror wads, but I can tell this can use some improvement. This is pretty good if you did this only in six hours.

I'll start out with the ghost enemy. The locking feature on the ghost is extremely annoying just like Michelle posted. I can tell your really aiming for the whole shock scare when the ghost starts attacking you. Perhaps what you can do is make a few melee weapons laying around the map. Make the ghost have a predetermined health limit. While the ghost grabs you, you can fight back and make it vanish so that it respawns at another part of the map. When the ghost attacks you, the sound it makes is not very intimidating. It sounds like it's trying to sneeze while it drains your life away. I would replace the attack sound with something more haunting, like an agonizing scream of pain that would make the player shit his pants. Please dont use cutman's sjas scream. If you want some inspiration, how about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL2nJrEqx2k

Another thing like michelle posted above is the bland map design. They're are plenty of horror textures and props out there that can make this ten times more creepier. I would litter the map with bodies and blood splatter on the walls. Realm 667 is a great resource for this. There is very little horror ambience in the map that could make this creepy.

Lastly, it would be cool if we had some kind of back story to this. Like when you collect the messages, you have the option of reading them as you play along. I was very disappointed to find out that you couldn't read the messages as you progressed in the game. It defeats the whole purpose of the wad. I would set a key in the option menu that allows you to read the individual messages, or make the messages pop up in console so the player has the option of reading them.

Overall, this looks very promising but it needs alot of work. You could get alot of attention with this wad if you consider my suggestions.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Hmmm, it's so so, could have been allot better. The ghost reminded me of one of the manic mansion characters :/ but yeah, as people have said it was quite bland. I can see you were going for a sort of clinical look rather that dark horror. You can improve this allot but it's got potential. also don't let your player emit light, just having light from the torch would be better.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:55 am

Ichtudirweh's suggestions all hit the nail on the head. This could be really good. I like the melee weapons idea, something like lead pipes, baseball bats, bricks and bottles to throw so its possible to kill the ghost and then it respawns elsewhere in the map. by the way I managed to kill the ghost by cheating with 'give all' and using the bfg10k ( its sooooo nice to kill that annoying ghost) If you are not a mapper maybe you could get a team together with a couple of good mappers to create some awesome creepy maps for this. I mean, not everyone can do everything. I can map and model but I cant do scripts or mod anything. Music is important as well, it needs a creepy soundtrack. I made some for my maps using wavelab with ambient sounds like screams and deep base in the background....something that creeps you out subliminally is needed for this. Also the messages would be really cool if they could be read...like clues directing you to another part of the map or telling parts of some horror story, like pages from someones journal, maybe the last person alive or something....you know the sort of thing. Please work on this as it would be a shame for it to be just another half done mod. It has potential so don't let it die.

RaveYard

Post by RaveYard » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Thank you for the suggestions :neutral: . But I appear to be not feeling like doing too much about this wad. :cry:
If I had more time, more appeal, I would work on it more.
My Projects:

Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot

Post by Lord_of_D: » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:47 am

mmmph havent played slender, but i like this, hope to see a server soon :D

Hellish

Post by Hellish » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Oh man, i really liked, my PC plays slender little laggy, so i need find something like the same.
Well, i really don't care about effects and this crap, i really think it's cool just seeing white wall, and some steel scattered in the map, also, i got to say, when i got the first scroll, i was expecting something like slender, "he just move, when you're not seeing him". Then... *TUM* right in my front, i just think it maybe be better if you slow it down or make the same as slender.
Overral, i really liked, keep up the good work!
WAT THE FOCK :v: ??!!11?1?1eLEven *Dubstep dramatization*
My secret to be badass:
Spoiler: Click here! (Open)
Thanks for the click. You now are officialy trolled by IGOR!

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:07 pm

RaveYard wrote: Thank you for the suggestions :neutral: . But I appear to be not feeling like doing too much about this wad. :cry:
If I had more time, more appeal, I would work on it more.
Thats a real shame.....I mean, thats why you get a team together so you have more time to do all the things and delegate tasks to others. This could be a good mod and to be honest, if you don't finish it, someone else will.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:10 pm

RaveYard wrote: I am aware of the fact that the map is , well on z=0 but since the ghost is just a mere monster , it has problems finding paths to players.
I also am not a mapper , but I had to place somekind of map in here.
You should probably get someone to help you with this part... after all, it is pretty much impossible to make a proper wad if you can't even create levels (I'm just saying this from a logical point of view).

I suggest learning to map or getting someone to help you so your next endeavor will turn out really well; I'd look forward to trying it if you were to get that working.

Camo Yoshi
Forum Regular

Post by Camo Yoshi » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:15 pm

This just goes to prove that the modder's capability for speaking English directly affects their mapping skill, as seen in this thread: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... &pid=11287

And again the system repeats.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE PROPER ENGLISH YOU'RE KILLING MY BRAIN.
50+GB of WADs and counting: http://camoy.sdf.org/wads/

Ask your doctor if Zandrama is right for you. Side effects include butthurt, loss of sleep, loss of ego, embarrassment, and social withdrawal.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Camo Yoshi wrote: This just goes to prove that the modder's capability for speaking English directly affects their mapping skill, as seen in this thread: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... &pid=11287

Camo.....not everyone is a native English speaker or has English as a first language or second language, for some its a third or fourth language. I mean, I admire people who can speak a few languages; even if its not 'the Queens English' they can still make themselves understood by the majority of us. Also, I know some good mappers and modders who speak poor English so your comment linking modding/maping skill to English speaking capabilities is a bit of a sweeping statement to say the least.
Last edited by Michelle on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:16 am

Camo Yoshi wrote: This just goes to prove that the modder's capability for speaking English directly affects their mapping skill, as seen in this thread: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... &pid=11287

That's a really immature view.

Not everyone speaks English as a primary language. The fact remains that they try to share it with us even with that barrier. Let's see you go release something you made on a Russian forum, try to write good Russian, then have a guy go "your mod sucks, obviously since you can't write proper Russian for shit". You're being that guy.

Ontopic: Totally needs a matching creepypasta for a background. Context makes everything scarier.
Last edited by Medicris on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jorge
Registered just to make one post

Post by Jorge » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 am

Hello I am new zandronum and wanted to know why the mod does not work when I create a server and it tells me that the map does not work maybe it's upgrade or game that helps sorry for the bad English of google

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Did you ever see doomero works??
Such declaration on people is really shameful and no matter where no one should post something like that ???
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Agentbromsnor

Post by Agentbromsnor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Cruduxy wrote:

Did you ever see doomero works??
Such declaration on people is really shameful and no matter where no one should post something like that ???
He has to be sarcastic, methinks. I'm not a native English speaker and I've been modding for years. I like to think I'm not too bad at it. :smile:

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:34 pm

I enjoyed this (Although when I saw the monster I freaking shat myself) Keep up the good work with more work this could become a really great wad.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Judging by his last visit he abandoned it. Pity though, I'd like to map for something horrific like slenderman concept.
Image ImageImage