The release is mostly focused on making the game feel smoother, especially on multiplayer. It also brings many QoL improvements and new Decorate, ACS and SBARINFO functions to play with.
Since Q-Zandronum releases were never published on this forum before, the below change log contains all Q-Zandronum changes up to this point. Please note that the list is relative to Zandronum 3.0 as Q-Zandronum is based on that release. It does contain some features introduced in 3.1 and 3.2, but not all of them. If you are interested in 1.3 changes only, you can find those at 1.3 release page.
- Improved game feel in multiplayer. All moving flats like doors, ceilings, platforms, etc. are now lagless out of the box, no action needed. Custom map scripts do need action from map maker though. For details refer to this wiki page
- Above goes for weapons too. The default Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife weapons work out of the box by turning the compat_predictfunctions flag ON. That flag may break custom weapons though, in that case some actions from the mod side are needed. For details refer to this wiki page
- Added a lot of new movement parameters like air acceleration, jump cooldown and velocity cap. Added a whole new movement type that uses Quake formulas. Also added built-in engine support for movement modifictions like double jump, wall jump, wall climb and wall run. For details refer to this wiki page
- Added many new Decorate and ACS flags and functions. For details refer to this wiki page
- Mod makers can now see actor hitboxes by turning gl_show_hitbox flag ON
- And a lot more. For complete change list since Zandronum 3.0 reach out to Q-Zandronum wiki
For questions, feel free to reach out to geNia on Zandronum or QC:DE discord servers.