Varied Doom v3b (28/4/2019)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
TDRR
Forum Regular

Varied Doom v3b (28/4/2019)

Post by TDRR » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:21 pm

From the deep pit of hacks i bring you: VARIED DOOM
Varied_Doom_V3b.zip
REMEMBER TO BIND A KEY TO OPEN THE VARIED DOOM MENU! (but K8Vavoom has a shortcut to the menu on it's options menu)

Inspired largely by Marshmallow Doom, comes the most feature-complete universal randomizer to date, including the options to toggle randomization of: Weapons, Health, Armor, Bonuses, Monsters, Powerups and... Treasure?!
Not only that, but it also adds several other options such as: Go to a random map on exit, Pistol start maps, Graded arsenal (all weapons on map start and a bit of ammo), turn decorative dead monsters into alive monsters (Also affected by the random monster toggle!), Treasure mode, and stat tracking?

Yes, stat tracking! It tracks the total amount of maps beaten, monsters killed, secrets found and times that you managed 100% kills every time you finish a map, and you can see this in the Varied Doom menu (just bind a key to it). Remember that this feature is disabled in multiplayer (But you'll still keep your stats as normal).

What's treasure mode? Imagine ScoreDoom, but it works with most mods, and it has treasure skulls dropped around the map randomly for extra score!

Yeah, but that's not everything. Did i mention it works online on Zandronum, works in K8Vavoom and even works with most gameplay mods and Vanilla/Limit rem./Boom compatible mapsets?

So, what are you waiting for?
Varied_Doom_V3b.zip
REMEMBER TO BIND A KEY TO OPEN THE VARIED DOOM MENU! (but K8Vavoom has a shortcut to the menu on it's options menu)

No screenshots, i mean, do you really want to see a screenshot of Doom but with items and monsters in the wrong places? The mod is smaller than a 32-bit 640x480 picture anyways!
Spoiler: Changelog (Open)
Version 3b (28/4/2020) (ABOUT TIME ISN'T IT?!)
-Added stat tracking (Every time you finish a level, your maps beaten, monsters killed, secrets found and times that you managed 100% kills are updated, and you can see them in the Varied Doom menu).

-Cleaned up code (Including use of enumerations in DECORATE, nice ain't it?).

-Fixed a crash with the Master Levels in WadSmoosh (and probably some others too?).

-Fixed a bug with DUBG 2.0 (using the random map function would cause the player to be frozen).

Version 2 (15/8/2019)
-Added WadSmoosh support
-Added K8Vavoom support, including it's very own menu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TDRR on Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Varied Doom v2 (8/15/2019)

Post by TDRR » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Updated! This update adds full WadSmoosh and K8Vavoom support.

Download link in the first post, as always!
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Varied Doom v3b (28/4/2019)

Post by TDRR » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:25 am

Finally, a new update! And, it only took 8 months and 13 days!

Basically, I added statistic tracking, a crash with the Master Levels in Wadsmoosh got fixed, and fixed a bug with DUBG 2.0.
The DECORATE and ACS code has been also slightly cleaned up, including use of enumerations in DECORATE, just like it should have been from the start.