Sharing my old binds

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Ralf
New User

Sharing my old binds

Post by Ralf » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:32 am

Some years back, I found out how powerful the console really is, compared to the console in Valve games, and got into making some complex binds and aliases. I made some fun ones, and some practical ones. Hopefully someone can get some use out of them.
I recommend that you make a backup of your config as some of these commands set binds, especially with the scroll wheel. You may want to personalize them after testing them out.

Advanced zoom
Command: +ok_zoom
It will bind mwheeldown, mwheelup.
It will set the FoV to 120 (in the -ok_zoom alias), and it will affect mouse_sensitivity, but uses a backup variable to set your sensitivity back.
To use: Hold the button bound to +ok_zoom, then use your mouse wheel to zoom in or out.

Code: Select all

set zm 85 //lowest zoom depth
set zf $zm
set zc 0
alias setzoom"fov $zf;eval / / $zf 10 10 mouse_sensitivity;test = $debug 1\"echo $zf $mouse_sensitivity
alias zch"test > $zc 0\"test > * $zf + / $zf 1000 1.3 $zm\\\"set zf $zm\\\"\\\"eval * $zf + / $zf 1000 1.3 zf\\\"\"\"test < / $zf + / $zf 1000 1.3 5\\\"set zf 5\\\"\\\"eval / $zf + / $zf 1000 1.3 zf
alias +ok_zoom"set bup_ms $mouse_sensitivity;setzoom;bind mwheelup\"set zc 1;zch;setzoom\";bind mwheeldown\"set zc 0;zch;setzoom
alias -ok_zoom"bind mwheelup weapnext;bind mwheeldown weapprev;fov 120;mouse_sensitivity $bup_ms
Mouse wheel inventory
Command: +rummage
To use: Hold the button bound to +rummage, and use your mouse wheel to scroll through items.

alias +rummage "bind mwheelup invprev;bind mwheeldown invnext
alias -rummage "bind mwheelup weapnext;bind mwheeldown weapprev
Automatic chaingun snipe
Command: +cgsnipe
To use: Hold the button bound to +cgsnipe, while holding the chaingun (or complex doom rifle) and every shot will land exactly on your crosshair.

alias +cgsnipe"alias cgsnipe\"+attack;wait;-attack;wait 6;cgsnipe\";cgsnipe
alias -cgsnipe"alias cgsnipe\"\";bind mouse1 +attack
99 bottles of beer
Command: bob
Will make you sing forever.

set bn 99;set bo"on the";set bs"Go to the store, buy some more";set bp"Take one down, pass it around";set bb"bottles of beer";set b2 $bb;set b1"bottle of beer
alias bob"say $bn $bb $bo wall, $bn $bb;wait 100;test = $bn\"No more\"\"set bn 100;say $bs\"\"say $bp\";test < $bn 2\"set bn \\\"No more\\\"\"\"eval - $bn 1 bn\";test = $bn 1\"set bb $b1\"\"set bb $b2\";wait 100;say $bn $bb $bo wall;wait 120;bob
Complex Doom panic
Command: panic
Will consume your carried health and armor bonuses. Use when when in a bad spot.

// uses the following items, and has the following aliases in complex 26:
//	healthflask		usehealthflask
//	stimkit			usestimkit
//	portablemedkit	useportablemed
//	armorcharge		usearmorbonus
//	armorbooster	usearmorbooster
//	armorplate		usearmorplate
alias panic "use healthflask;wait;use stimkit;wait;use portablemedkit;wait;use armorcharge;wait;use armorbooster;wait;use armorplate
Complex Doom ammo
Command: complexammo
Will consume an ammo pack so your guns don't run out of juice.

// Different mods for complex doom use different ammo pack names for some reason.
//  ammopack - complex doom standard ammo pack
//  "ammopack " - weird item from a complex doom mod
//  seriouslynonbrokenammopack - found on a clusterfuck server when i came back after a long break
alias complexammo "use \"ammopack \";wait;use ammopack;wait;use seriouslynonbrokenammopack
Complex Doom throwables
Will bind g and h to grenade and mine respectively. This is useful because the binds change between Complex 26 and Complex 27.

test = $cd_pistolstart "$cd_pistolstart" "echo Complex Doom 26 detected;set complexversion 26" "echo Complex Doom 27 detected;set complexversion 27"
test = $complexversion 27 "bind g \"puke 299\";bind h \"puke 300\""
test = $complexversion 26 "bind g throwgrenade;bind h dropmine"
Advanced taunt loop
Command: +advtaunt
It will make you taunt on a loop, and will allow you to set the delay with your mouse wheel.
It's a bit hard to use. Hold the button bound to +advtaunt until the loop becomes toggled. The delay is changed with the same button; hold it, and before it becomes toggled, scroll with your mouse wheel to change the delay.

// this one is weird. because zandronum doesn't let you say "wait $waitdelay", the only other way i found is to generate new code on the fly.
set _tba1 0;set _tba2 0;alias tba"eval + t $tw _tba1;eval + \"test = $tw \" + $tw + \" \\\"test = $to 1\\\\\\\"taunt;wait \" + $tw + \";\" $_tba1 _tba2;alias $_tba1 $_tba2;alias tsp $_tba1;echo $tw;tsp";set tw 25;set to 0;tba
alias +advtaunt"set ts 0;bind mwheelup\"set ts 1;eval + $tw 1 tw;tba;\";bind mwheeldown\"set ts 1;test > $tw 1\\\"eval - $tw 1 tw;tba;\\\"\";wait 25;test = $ts 0\"test = $to 1\\\"set to 0;echo OFF\\\"\\\"set to 1;tba;echo ON
alias -advtaunt"set ts 1;bind mwheelup weapnext;bind mwheeldown weapprev