deathmatch map randomizer?

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
amdcrash
New User

deathmatch map randomizer?

Post by amdcrash » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:27 pm

i have long been looking for a death-match random map picker inside of zandronum, however the one they supply (sv_randommaprotation with sv_maprotation enabled) does not work, i am wondering if a map randomizer exists and if it does, how to enable it. what i mean is, say i start on map15, the frag limit is met and the game ends. on my system it goes to map 16 instead of a random map, for example, map12.

also, it would be nice to have a automatic results intermission so that it takes 30 seconds before going onto the next map so i can leave it running while i go and do other things but not a big problem if it does not, thanks!

(one last point is that i need it to work offline as i prefer to use offline skirmish!)

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: deathmatch map randomizer?

Post by TDRR » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:06 pm

It does work, but i think you need to provide a list for it.

Use Addmap MAPXX on the console to add some.

If not, you can use Doomseeker to set everything up, or load zandronum with the -host parameter.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

amdcrash
New User

Post by amdcrash » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:35 am

TDRR wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:06 pm
It does work, but i think you need to provide a list for it.

Use Addmap MAPXX on the console to add some.

If not, you can use Doomseeker to set everything up, or load zandronum with the -host parameter.
Is there any way to use a txt file to load in a level set.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:59 am

amdcrash wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:35 am
Yes. Make a new text file and name it something like "maprotation", don't put any spaces or anything that isn't a number or letter in the name. Inside of the file, type in:
AddMap MAPXX
AddMap MAPXX
AddMap MAPXX

Replace the XX with the map number you want, and add more "AddMap MAPXX" lines if you want more maps in the rotation.
Now when in game, you can type in the console "exec maprotation.txt" or however you named your txt file.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."

amdcrash
New User

Post by amdcrash » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am

TDRR wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:59 am
amdcrash wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:35 am
Yes. Make a new text file and name it something like "maprotation", don't put any spaces or anything that isn't a number or letter in the name. Inside of the file, type in:
AddMap MAPXX
AddMap MAPXX
AddMap MAPXX

Replace the XX with the map number you want, and add more "AddMap MAPXX" lines if you want more maps in the rotation.
Now when in game, you can type in the console "exec maprotation.txt" or however you named your txt file.
Does this work with offline skirmish?

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:04 pm

amdcrash wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 am
Does this work with offline skirmish?
Yes, but only if you type the exec command after you start the skirmish (As in, you are already in the map)

amdcrash
New User

Post by amdcrash » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:59 am

i have tried this but it goes to map02 instead of the random map.