How to respawn random weapons at Complex server?

General help and assistance forum.
HenryMiller
New User

How to respawn random weapons at Complex server?

Post by HenryMiller » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:02 pm

Here I go again... well, I just created my own Complex Doom server almost as a copy from already existent Complex servers but I would like to active that option where powerups, weapons and other stuff keeps respawning from time BUT, for example, a new weapon appears instead of the first one... any idea on how to do this? XD thanks in advance.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: How to respawn random weapons at Complex server?

Post by TDRR » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:11 am

It's possible and relatively easy too. It requires editing the mod itself so i'm going to need a list of the addons you are using.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

HenryMiller
New User

Post by HenryMiller » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:33 am

TDRR wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:11 am
It's possible and relatively easy too. It requires editing the mod itself so i'm going to need a list of the addons you are using.
Won't that affect to the people who will join the server?
There you have, and thanks on advance again:
skulltag_content-3.0-beta01.pk3
dbzone.wad
complex-doom.v26a2.pk3
lca-v1.5.9.6.pk3
lca-ark-1.7.5.pk3
complex-dust-v1.6.1.pk3
complex26-dust-ilca-rm-djb-ark-1.5.pk3
lca-djb-v4.3.12.pk3
insanelca-custom-v1.1.2.pk3
randommons-v1.2.4-server.only.pk3
titaobitmessages.pk3
soundsfromhaf.pk3
LCADEMOExploit-v1.pk3
dustskins.pk3
hpbar-v16.pk3
doom_double_jump.pk3
doomnukem's_bd_weapons_v1.pk3
sm4bbgorev1.pk3
newtextcolours_260.pk3

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:47 pm

TDRR wrote:
It requires editing the mod itself so i'm going to need a list of the addons you are using.
Or instead of editiing other authors mods/addons then releasing them which will create confusion and possibly mod conflicts, just make random spawners in its own dedicated addon that inherit from the originals and name such addon appropriately.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:34 pm

Daedalus wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:47 pm
TDRR wrote:
It requires editing the mod itself so i'm going to need a list of the addons you are using.
Or instead of editiing other authors mods/addons then releasing them which will create confusion and possibly mod conflicts, just make random spawners in its own dedicated addon that inherit from the originals and name such addon appropriately.
I wasn't really specific with that, i meant i was going to need the mod to make a patch out of it, didn't think it was really necessary to specify.
But yeah anyways thanks for the advice.

And i will try to find downloads for the relevant mods and i will then send you a patch when it's done.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.