Skins don't show up in my server

General help and assistance forum.
HenryMiller
New User

Skins don't show up in my server

Post by HenryMiller » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:37 pm

Well, I have tried with two different .pk3 skins archives for my Cooperative server, but none of them works! I don't know if may be the order in which I added them, but whenever I try to change the skin at Player Setup it just doesn't change from the base one :hmm: Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: Skins don't show up in my server

Post by Empyre » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:54 pm

What else is on the server? You might have a wad or pk3 with NoSkins set.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

HenryMiller
New User

Post by HenryMiller » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:59 pm

Empyre wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:54 pm
What else is on the server? You might have a wad or pk3 with NoSkins set.
This is the list of .pk3 I put in there, incluiding the skins files, in the order i set:

skulltag_content-3.0-beta01.pk3
dbzone.wad
complex-doom.v26a2.pk3
lca-v1.5.9.6.pk3
complex-dust-v1.6.1.pk3
complex26-dust-ilca-rm-djb-ark-1.5.pk3
lca-djb-v4.3.12.pk3
insanelca-custom-v1.1.2.pk3
randommons-v1.2.4-server.only.pk3
titaobitmessages.pk3
soundsfromhaf.pk3
LCADEMOExploit-v1.pk3
dustskins.pk3
hpbar-v16.pk3
doom_double_jump.pk3
doomnukem's_bd_weapons_v1.pk3
sm4bbgorev1.pk3
newtextcolours_260.pk3

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:35 pm

100% sure that one of those Complex Doom addons has +NOSKIN set. It may be one of the LCA addons.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

HenryMiller
New User

Post by HenryMiller » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:00 pm

TDRR wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:35 pm
100% sure that one of those Complex Doom addons has +NOSKIN set. It may be one of the LCA addons.
Sorry for the ignorance... Then, may I remove that one addon or can I modify it through the console?

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:41 pm

It's not modifiable through the console, if you can open it in SLADE and find the player DECORATE definition, you can comment out the +NOSKIN flag.

It's usually under the Actors (sometimes called DECORATE) folder in the .pk3 file. You don't necessarily need SLADE but it's a bit easier, 7-zip also works for this. It may be called "Player.txt" or something similar.

You should see one class that looks like this:
"ACTOR (Don't know the name of actor so here's this lol) : ComplexPlayer"
or DoomPlayer / PlayerPawn instead of ComplexPlayer. Doesn't matter as long as you see a "player" in there.
Look for the line that says +NOSKIN and edit it so it says -NOSKIN. Alternatively, if you don't see a +NOSKIN line, just put -NOSKIN as if it were there and it should work.

If you don't want to do that,remove files one by one, first remove the ones lower on the list, and then go up until it gets fixed. Once you find which causes the problem, you can put back the other ones you removed.
This way, you can see exactly which one you have to remove, and keep the others.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

HenryMiller
New User

Post by HenryMiller » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:32 pm

I found a couple of addons with +NOSKIN flag and have change it to -NOSKIN... still don't working. I may look into every and each .pk3 maybe...

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Complex Doom and its add-ons, like LCA, uses the player skin to show what weapon the player is holding. If you remove the NOSKIN and then use a skin, you will break that functionality.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:14 pm

Empyre wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:23 pm
Complex Doom and its add-ons, like LCA, uses the player skin to show what weapon the player is holding. If you remove the NOSKIN and then use a skin, you will break that functionality.
Yeah it's true but for some reason some people are fixated on doing just that and have made some addons for it adding skins and stuff.

As for the skin changing issue, i think this may need more editing, but honestly it's better to just leave it like that and use colors to difference each other.