The Twist you can't resist!!!

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Twister
Under Moderation

The Twist you can't resist!!!

Post by Twister » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:26 pm

It's been too long, it's been enduring. It's been 7 years.

I never died, I was buried alive. But I managed to survive sealed in the coffin of Skulltag, feasting on my own glory and the rest of my bag of Twizzlers (yeah, even my catchphrase is not original).

I am Twister, the one who tried to Make Skulltag Great Again, but was defeated by an internal power struggle and something much more severe.

The fact is that I have matured quite a bit, and not just from growing up. I became homeless for 3 years, and I'm not talking about couch surfing and borrowing money to stay with relatives.

I've been on the streets. I've slept on gravel. I've endured a mental state most could not handle, and it has only resonated me to be more Twisted! But look at me now. I'm just a has been compared to how quickly this community has sprawled.

Who am I kidding? I got off the streets before Zandyland 3.0 came out; I didn't miss much. But I know you missed me.

BTW, I've been back for a while now. If you read this post and think "ZOMGZORZ teh almighty Twister is back, it's the second comming!!1!", you're late by a few years.

I only decided to make this post because I was informed I am no longer banned for "abusing the reputation system" or whatever it was that I did. Oh, that's right, I know what I did.

I tried to make my own port, and almost succeeded. But no, others were hungry for power, the very thing I was trying to avoid. I actually had the port running with its own master server, forum, even IRC!

I have since abandoned that concept, I had to because I became homeless. Personally, I hated the name of that project. But I would still prefer it to a word like Zandronum.

I... will stop starting my paragraphs with the word "I".

Finally, not only have I been here the whole time, but so has my clan, [F5]. I don't know how active I should be on this forum, it's been 7 years after all and nobody is expecting this post. But I have become quite the excellent Voice Actor. It's not a paying job, more like a talent, but a damn good one. If I can't be useful any other way, I can flawlessly sound like Duke Nukem, and am able to execute a deep robust voice like unto the Skulltag 97D announcer.

If I get a mic, I will attempt 2 announcers for Zandronum, with one of them being my voice as similar to the Skulltag 97D announcer as possible. People have heard my voice over Discord, they know I'm not lying.

I hope you are happy to hear from me, it's been so long, it's been enduring.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Re: The Twist you can't resist!!!

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:48 am

Uh, welcome back I suppose. Being homeless is definitely a hardship not many can survive through and good on you for making it out alive. Most people spiral down into homelessness and drug use and eventually death. Hope you enjoy your stay here but in the meantime we're going to have to check your credentials. We can't have you running around if you're proven to be a lymehatu halk. :)