Binded controls are working in single player and not in multiplayer. Please Help!

General help and assistance forum.
Reshki
New User

Binded controls are working in single player and not in multiplayer. Please Help!

Post by Reshki » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:25 am

Custom controls provided by a WAD are working in single player but not when I run it in a server and they used to work in multiplayer. Please help me fix this as its driving me mad. The controls use to work fine, even in the console when i type bind *and whatever key* it says its bound to what I set it to, but it doesn't work. I even set it back to blank and then re binded them again and still they don't work. I don't know if there is a setting in doomseeker create server or in zandronum that could be causing this but here's hoping this forum is still active enough to help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: Binded controls are working in single player and not in multiplayer. Please Help!

Post by Empyre » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:39 pm

I and others would be happy to help, but the best way you can help us help you would be to let us see the wad that is causing you trouble.

Also, is this happening with all wads with custom controls, or just a specific one?
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: Binded controls are working in single player and not in multiplayer. Please Help!

Post by Ænima » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:54 pm

What mod are you talking about?
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Reshki
New User

Post by Reshki » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 am

Here's the info on the wads and the controls in question https://imgur.com/a/uGsHbZP

The controls come from the Aliens mod, which work in offline but do not work in online. binding and rebinding have no effect. Then out of the blue they will work online when I make a server but for only just that day and then they go back to not working.

Reshki
New User

Post by Reshki » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:00 pm

So after testing a million things it seems the Aliens mods custom controls in the options regarding Flashlight, Flare, Turret, etc do NOT work in multiplayer if sv_cheats is false. Obviously that creates a problem because you don't want a server with cheats enabled but the binded controls don't work without it. Any tips on how to make a WADs custom added controls work if cheats are off? I notice that brutal doom doesnt have an issue with this so idk.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:25 am

My assumption is that the modder tried to bind pukeable scripts to those keys but forgot to actually add the “NET” tag to the ACS script itself.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Reshki
New User

Post by Reshki » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:56 am

Is this something I could do myself with something like slade? If it's a simple enough task I'd super appreciate if anyone could enlighten me. Thanks so far for your input!