Problems with Project Brutality when playing COOP

General help and assistance forum.
PirateofPC
New User

Problems with Project Brutality when playing COOP

Post by PirateofPC » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:48 pm

I love PB, and I want to play it with my friend, but I've encountered these 3 problems:

1. This is the biggest problem, it's with the Keys, when I get for example Red Key, my friend doesn't have it, and the Red key Disappear so he can't get it, so everytime he wants to get over Red Door, he has to wait for me, and this is annoying, I even have the Share Keys Between Players Option Enabled.
Spoiler: Image1 (Open)
2. UAC-Mach-3 Minigun is supposed to show red spot on the top of the gun when it gets hot, this works on singleplayer but in COOP it doesn't work.
Spoiler: Image2 (Open)
3. When dual-wielding the UAC-30 Designated Marksman Rifle it doesn't show the dual-wielding ammo below like in Image4, but other weapons such as Sawed-Off Double Barrel show it like in Image3, this happens on SP and MP.
Spoiler: Image3 (Open)
Spoiler: Image4 (Open)
Notes:
I'm using Win10 64bit (build 1803), and Zandronum 3.0.
I've also reported this on the tracker https://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=3596.
Sorry for bad English, English is not my Primary :biggrin:

Edit: I've found a workaround for problem #1, it's to use "+sv_cheats 1", and when someone pickup for example Blue Skull Key, I type in console "summon blueskullkey", but this means I have to enable cheats and I don't want that, and Thanks in Advance :biggrin:

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Problems with Project Brutality when playing COOP

Post by TDRR » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:58 pm

These bugs are mostly Project Brutality problems and i'm sure the staff doesn't care.

Also, stop using that separate HUD because it's VERY broken and even though it mentions it's built for Project Brutality that's a lie.

That said, i'm looking into doing a Project Brutality: CLASSIC! that has fixed bugs, simplified options, better performance among other cool things.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:51 am

TDRR wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:58 pm
These bugs are mostly Project Brutality problems and i'm sure the staff doesn't care.
That's because Zandronum's staff did not make Project Brutality, we do not maintain it, nor was Zandronum made for it. This is a non-issue, don't try to make it an issue.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:08 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:51 am
TDRR wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:58 pm
That's because Zandronum's staff did not make Project Brutality, we do not maintain it, nor was Zandronum made for it. This is a non-issue, don't try to make it an issue.

To be clear, i wasn't blaming the Zandronum staff for not fixing them, but yeah the guys behind Zandronum have nothing to do with Project Brutality and can't do anything about it.

You will have to live with these bugs, sorry.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:17 pm

If you can verify that the problem is resulting from a bug in Zandronum itself, and if you report that bug in the tracker (link on top of the page), then it will become the staff's problem.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Nothing here is a bug on Zandronum's part. Project Brutality does not support gameplay with multiple connections in a server, so there will be plenty more problems.
The keys probably have some flag added that causes your first problem, but I'm not sure since I don't bother checking.
Your second problem is pretty obvious in this case. Zandroum does not bother with jumping to specific states online, because there is no support for that. So your minigun will skip this state. This can be fixed if Project Brutality introduces some heatmeter item, which can be checked instead.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image