Complex Clusterfuck proper configuration

General help and assistance forum.
Polsom
New User

Complex Clusterfuck proper configuration

Post by Polsom » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:20 am

So over on our Aus Doom community we've been trying for various weeks to get a stable version of Complex Clusterfuck with the appropriate addons running in a stable state however the server continues to crash for no obvious reason, this is all being done on Zan3.0.

The current WAD list is in this image: https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=468

I've also tried hosting the server myself for testing purposes however I have an issue where my game will just crash with an Access Violation error, this is only related to myself as If I join the externally hosted server only I will crash and the server will remain running. This Access Violation error only happens when playing Clusterfuck and it doesn't seem to effect any other players.

If anyone could help with either of these issues that would be much appreciated, Clusterfuck is amazing and I can't wait to properly get into it.

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: Complex Clusterfuck proper configuration

Post by Empyre » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 am

There is a text file that lists what files to use.

Code: Select all

The Complex Clusterfuck is a conglomeration of a large amount of Complex Doom mods/addons, made by DustedPandemonic/Hecatia.
You have full permission to host this

Additional features:
- A new Legendary tier: Enraged. Much more refined than the old shitty InsaneLCA, and there are also many more mad boys like the redeemer and tormentor.
- Nemesis Legendaries, a step up from Enraged and two steps up from Legendary. Weapons, enemies, and items included.
- HEM-custom that actually isn't absolute shit (no more DamageFactor 0.01 and 100 damage Exos bullets, among other things).
- Weapon randomization, so you can occasionally get stronger weapons (legendary included) to spawn in place of normal weapons.
- A proper True Legendary Rune that can be upgraded.
- Standalone True Legendary Baby Sentient, spawns in place of arachnotrons.
- Arcradimus being able to spawn in normal maps.
- Various new enemies, such as the Makron, Cardihilator Demolisher, and Dark Cydestroyer.
- More 2hus, either edgy or not.
- Enemies and weapons merged from addons like Complex-MM, HA, and CDI.
- The reason why a bunch of russians are mad.

This also requires Zandronum 3.0.
The load order for these mods is located down below, use a program like ZDL:

NOTE: USE THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF ANY FILE YOU SEE HERE BECAUSE I DON'T UPDATE THIS README VERY OFTEN

1.	bulletpuff_fix

2.	Newtextcolors_260

*.	ZandroSkins_v04 (or put it in your skins folder) (optional) (has been known to cause problems for certain users, use at your own risk)

**.	DustSkins (or put it in your skins folder) (optional)

3.	*the mappack you desire to play*

4.	complex-doom.v26a2

5.	LCA-v1.5.9.6

6.	LCA-Ark-1.7.5

7.	randommons-v1.2.4-server.only

8.	complex-dust-v1.7

9.	LCA-DJB-v4.3.13

10.	insanelca-custom-v1.2-CF.1

11.	HEM-custom-CF-v3.0

12.	complex-dust-clusterfuck-v3.0

13.	complex-doom-justammo.lca-rm-hem_v1 (only required when hosting a server, otherwise makes no difference)

14.	hpbar-v16

15.	complex-CF-patch-v3.0

16.	ComplexLCAZan3SoundPatch (optional, only balances some sound levels for weapons)

17.	ComplexBrightmaps (optional, gives the base Complex enemies some brightmaps)
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Polsom
New User

Post by Polsom » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:58 am

Alright thanks heaps for that info! Where is that document located and is it updated regularly when updates come out?

Actually going through that list there's hardly any of the patches such as Chaoslite and Txs that are compatible, some further info on how to go about loading on those would be much appreciated.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm

I trick I have used before is look at a server with the mod in Doomseeker or (I)DE and write down what files are loaded in what order.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Polsom
New User

Post by Polsom » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:38 am

I think I've managed to get the server stable with the addons I want so how do I go about stopping this crashing problem.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 6964/1.png

Edit - Looks to have just been some bad WAD's. I had already re-downloaded them all but for whatever reason I managed to get the same broken WAD.

All going good for now.