Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by Sepia-Paper » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Blast88 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am
Sepia-Paper wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:18 am
Blast88 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 am
When will this thread get updated? It should be providing links to the latest major version (v0.99.6) of CDI by now but I'm surprised this thread still hasn't updated yet.
you can download it from the server/Doomseeker's Wadseeker.
I do remember that when I just recently played a CDI server but I do want to be able to download the new CDI version directly from the link.
its the same thing, most mods these days don't provide links, instead use servers for directly downloading thru Wadseeker which also downloads other files needed automatically.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:47 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 pm
Blast88 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:52 am
Sepia-Paper wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:18 am
Blast88 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 am
When will this thread get updated? It should be providing links to the latest major version (v0.99.6) of CDI by now but I'm surprised this thread still hasn't updated yet.
you can download it from the server/Doomseeker's Wadseeker.
I do remember that when I just recently played a CDI server but I do want to be able to download the new CDI version directly from the link.
its the same thing, most mods these days don't provide links, instead use servers for directly downloading thru Wadseeker which also downloads other files needed automatically.
So from wadseeker, I could be able to download the files and put them into my mod folders. Is that what you're saying? :biggrin:

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:19 am

In Doomseker, find a server that is hosting it and join it. Any wads on the server that you don't already have will automatically be installed for you so you can play on the server. If you do not wish to join the server, right-click the server and select Find missing WADs.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 am

Empyre wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:19 am
In Doomseker, find a server that is hosting it and join it. Any wads on the server that you don't already have will automatically be installed for you so you can play on the server. If you do not wish to join the server, right-click the server and select Find missing WADs.
As for the files they are downloaded in your Doomseeker Folder inside Zandronum Folder.

Scalewinged
New User

Post by Scalewinged » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:55 pm

C:\) wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:37 pm
Scalewinged wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 am
Just found "poison map" boss music accidentally and remembered the thing i most wanted for - credits to what music used.
PS: BTW why don't you (all) use full version of NemesisTheory Unification?
its very overused
i change a lot of sounds and music every time they update this wad
i even change the supply box music for this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzNz0VqeOQs
Hmm... If you meant Unification then i heard it in just 2 mods/WADs including this one (second is Armageddon invasion).
And both using only like 2 min cut from full composition which have lenght of nearly 4 min.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 am
Empyre wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:19 am
As for the files they are downloaded in your Doomseeker Folder inside Zandronum Folder.
In Doomseeker's Options / Configure menu, you can set the File Paths where it looks for wads (and other files), and under Wadseeker / General, you can specify where downloaded files go.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

TaporGamingBugReport

Clan: DoomBreakerMadness
Clan Tag: doombreakermdnss

Post by TaporGamingBugReport » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Forgot your changelog on the first post after the update?

TaporGamingBugReport

Post by TaporGamingBugReport » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:05 am

Bug found on CDM22. If you in alone. you're trapped in the moon section

TaporGamingBugReport

Post by TaporGamingBugReport » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:47 am

and also CDM22 was too many monsters with boss fight

Olafd'Rithle
Registered just to make one post

Post by Olafd'Rithle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:08 pm

I just downloaded zanondrum 4-5 days ago and got some tips from the noob perspective:
1- The learning curve is too steep due to lack of item descriptions, i don't know what most spheres, runes, etc. do and i can't read it anywhere easily, it would be great to have the "item description" hotkey make display a brief description of the item stats. Right now you have to ask everyone about this and that, and that can get tiresome and it is impracticable if more newbs discover the game.
2- There is an extremely difference in gameplay fun depending on you having or not having the "utility gun". I have read in this thread someone asking for a support class. Well, you dont really need it, just make tier 1 utility gun much much more easier to get (either by chaging the %chance or making it appear on the map for everyone), so at least noobs can get a crate every now and then, make turrets, supporting items and get rektd by monsters as usual, instead of just getting rektd by monsters all the time. The next tiers of utility gun should be as hard to get as they currently are, although every noob dreams with the prospect of having his own command center.
3- There is an extreme snowball effect due in part to the RNG and game mechanics, but mostly due to map "secrets" and other perks, usually one or 2 players will be OP and will clean the waves and monsters almost on their own thus increasing even more their advantage. The rest of the players arrive to the final boss with shitty guns and just get killed all the time both in the waiting room and at the killing field. If you want to keep noobs you got to make the latter stages of the game more fun for them, having utility gun is one step, another one would be providing good enough weapons at the last stage of the map (many do) so at least noobs can shoot a couple times at the bosses and feel usefull.
4- Some secrets are OP and make the snowballing even more pronounced.

Overall, the mod is very nice and fun, with so many things to discover and get entertained with.

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Olafd'Rithle wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:08 pm
I just downloaded zanondrum 4-5 days ago and got some tips from the noob perspective:
1- The learning curve is too steep due to lack of item descriptions, i don't know what most spheres, runes, etc. do and i can't read it anywhere easily, it would be great to have the "item description" hotkey make display a brief description of the item stats. Right now you have to ask everyone about this and that, and that can get tiresome and it is impracticable if more newbs discover the game.
2- There is an extremely difference in gameplay fun depending on you having or not having the "utility gun". I have read in this thread someone asking for a support class. Well, you dont really need it, just make tier 1 utility gun much much more easier to get (either by chaging the %chance or making it appear on the map for everyone), so at least noobs can get a crate every now and then, make turrets, supporting items and get rektd by monsters as usual, instead of just getting rektd by monsters all the time. The next tiers of utility gun should be as hard to get as they currently are, although every noob dreams with the prospect of having his own command center.
3- There is an extreme snowball effect due in part to the RNG and game mechanics, but mostly due to map "secrets" and other perks, usually one or 2 players will be OP and will clean the waves and monsters almost on their own thus increasing even more their advantage. The rest of the players arrive to the final boss with shitty guns and just get killed all the time both in the waiting room and at the killing field. If you want to keep noobs you got to make the latter stages of the game more fun for them, having utility gun is one step, another one would be providing good enough weapons at the last stage of the map (many do) so at least noobs can shoot a couple times at the bosses and feel usefull.
4- Some secrets are OP and make the snowballing even more pronounced.

Overall, the mod is very nice and fun, with so many things to discover and get entertained with.
1.- open console, map test01, "give all"
done theres your tutorial
2.-i suggested the utility gun and commander gun as classes because this mod its pretty much "one man army gamemode" and my idea was to remove all spawnable ammo, medkits and armor except the weapons and some basic spheres and depend of the supports to resupply the marine class with ammo weapons and medkits which its the main offensive
in a few words people who know about team fortress 2 my idea its to make the utility gun and commander gun as the TF2 enginner a defensive and offensive support(commander gun)
3.- some secrets are fine like bonus crates, suits, and spheres, my only concern its the epic crate secrets which always give OP items i already requested to change them and remove the chance to get one from bonus crates, those things should be only get if you manage to kill cyberdemon/spider varians, sub bosses and legs
4.- same as 3

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:24 pm

You know it's not that easy to reach the perfect balance.
Once again the main problem here if we talk about balance are bonus crates, but then if we start from another point of view speaking about fun this is probably the best feature present in the game.

I have already tried in the past to make the game as balanced as possible, but when you nerf some stuff items/weapons then the monsters are too strong and the players get slaughtered. But then if you buff them just a little, then the snowball effect is what happen. So I don't know about you but I prefer to have the monsters slaughtered than the players, and I guess that most of the people like that since all the official servers that I hosted for CDI were always active and that since 3 WHOLE DAMN YEARS. Do you know any other cooperative/survival/invasion mod being overplayed like that one ?

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:41 am

fr blood wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:24 pm
You know it's not that easy to reach the perfect balance.
Once again the main problem here if we talk about balance are bonus crates, but then if we start from another point of view speaking about fun this is probably the best feature present in the game.

I have already tried in the past to make the game as balanced as possible, but when you nerf some stuff items/weapons then the monsters are too strong and the players get slaughtered. But then if you buff them just a little, then the snowball effect is what happen. So I don't know about you but I prefer to have the monsters slaughtered than the players, and I guess that most of the people like that since all the official servers that I hosted for CDI were always active and that since 3 WHOLE DAMN YEARS. Do you know any other cooperative/survival/invasion mod being overplayed like that one ?
to be honest theres slightly a few things you should consider to change for starters some secrets giving you epic crates are damn OP man i have suggested something less like the battle suit who is a powerful suit but even that its not match against a huge army of strong monsters you will end retreating and cover your ass against the bullet hell incoming against you or the leg weapons who are powerful but not OP af
yesterday played the egyptian map got the epic crate secret and i was glad to get the heavy drone than the other op items from it, all players got the leg gun and earned their crates some got epic crates for killing the strong variants using the leg gun, suits and vehicles no one was behind being useless
my point is some secrets should be shareable weapons and suits/vehicles instead of epic crates who make one player a one man army in seconds

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:38 pm

out of the topic blood
i was wondering why the hidden skins like quake 2 guy and doom 3 guy are not working?

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Now this thread needs to be updated to the latest version because I tried downloading the CDI latest version files on Wadseeker but it didn't work because there was a program that was telling me that "a threat was detected".

TaporGamingBugReport

Post by TaporGamingBugReport » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:50 am

In the next update. The True Legendary Cyberdemon will be at CDM23?. New Enemies and Weapons?

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:52 pm

yo blood now that we have a flametank why not add a flamethrower weapon?
the mine launcher and legendary gauss cannon need changes because they suck man

the mine launcher needs to throw mines long distances like a grenade launcher

the legendary gauss cannon i have 2 options
1.- change it to the legendary railgun
or
2.- make the bouncing ball penetrate like a railgun

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:38 pm

The Flamethrower Tank is weird between, its hard to use that thing because the fire blocks the view so some change in its way of firing must be done.
and I agree with C:\) Flamethrower weapon must be added now at least.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:38 pm
The Flamethrower Tank is weird between, its hard to use that thing because the fire blocks the view so some change in its way of firing must be done.
and I agree with C:\) Flamethrower weapon must be added now at least.
best solution would be if blood make the flametank work like clusterfuck's flamethrower with less damage

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Hellow guys, first of all sorry for not updating that topic with the last new version. Right now a new version is out more focused on fixes and some new contents.
I'm actualy working on a new map being a bit oriented in the Shotgun Frenzy style where the players will have to defend an objectif instead of just rushing and surviving by themself.
I am quit busy and so decided to report the version 0.99.7 for December when I will find the time to finish that map and that new gameplay.