Harvester

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Grymmoire
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Harvester

Post by Grymmoire » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 pm

The Mechanix Union is proud to present Harvester, a new game mode for Zandronum.

Harvester is much like Overload in its conception and design, insofar that it originally started out as a game mode made for Sabbat Martyr 2 and was picked up later on by the Union.

It's being polished off, just like Overload, and will be released both standalone and with its own map pack, just like Overload. Unlike Overload, it will be a much smaller filesize.

http://speedy.sh/NSks3/harvbeta3.zip

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gameplay:

Each team has a score pillar, and each map has a skull spawner in the center. The spawner spawns skulls when enemy players are killed, then players of the opposing color must pick up as many skulls as they can and reach their opposing score pillar to score. For example, say a red player kills a blue player and a blue skull spawns, the red player must pick up the blue skull and go to the blue score pillar to score. Picking up your own colour skull nullifies it, so opponents cannot use it to score, so keep the spawner clear of your own skulls!
You can hold multiple skulls at once, therefore score multiple points at once. Team with the most points wins.
Think of it as a mix between one-flag CTF and Skulltag.

Harvester is also 3/4 way compatible, and works with any one-flag compatible map.

This pack will most likely require the use of skulltag_data.pk3.
Last edited by HeavenWraith on Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tosen

RE: Harvester

Post by Tosen » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:08 pm

And ust like overload it shall get one dirty mexican :razz:

Yellowtail
Forum Regular

Post by Yellowtail » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Grymmoire wrote:Gameplay:

Each team has a score pillar, and each map has a skull spawner in the center. The spawner spawns skulls when enemy players are killed, then players of the opposing color must pick up as many skulls as they can and reach their opposing score pillar to score. For example, say a red player kills a blue player and a blue skull spawns, the red player must pick up the blue skull and go to the blue score pillar to score. Picking up your own colour skull nullifies it, so opponents cannot use it to score, so keep the spawner clear of your own skulls!
You can hold multiple skulls at once, therefore score multiple points at once. Team with the most points wins.
Think of it as a mix between one-flag CTF and Skulltag.
I'm thinking of it as more along the lines of "Kill Confirmed" meets Skulltag and one-flag CTF.
Last edited by Yellowtail on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disguise

Post by Disguise » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Yay! Nice to see a thread for this mod!

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:57 pm

so basically it's the same Harvester mode from Quake III Team Arena, ported to Zandronum? hmmmm....., interesting

Disguise

Post by Disguise » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:13 am

Revilution wrote: so basically it's the same Harvester mode from Quake III Team Arena, ported to Zandronum? hmmmm....., interesting
Indeed it is.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:33 am

When? I'll try to be there, if I'm not at work.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Disguise

Post by Disguise » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:39 am

Around this week-end, I guess.

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:49 pm

I understand that I am bumping this topic, however is it possible that the PWAD\"game file(s)" can be re-uploaded on to either the same or different site\host, and that the main topic includes the new location to download the file(s) directly?

Thanks,

VVL
New User

Post by VVL » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Tiger wrote: I understand that I am bumping this topic, however is it possible that the PWAD\"game file(s)" can be re-uploaded on to either the same or different site\host, and that the main topic includes the new location to download the file(s) directly?

Thanks,
http://static.[bad site]/wads/harvbeta3.pk3

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Thank you kindly.