Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Bandit
New User

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by Bandit » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:28 am

Hello I am new to Doom and have found this mod on Doomseeker. I want to try to make more levels for this mod so I got GZDoom Builder (Bugfix) R3004. The question I have is what options do I need to configure to make levels for this mod?

For game configuration I have Zandornum: Doom 2 (Doom Format) I am unsure if this is correct
Also which resources do I need to include besides Doom2.wad ?

Thanks for your help this should get me started.

Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

Post by Matiu » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:44 am

Bandit wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:28 am
Hello I am new to Doom and have found this mod on Doomseeker. I want to try to make more levels for this mod so I got GZDoom Builder (Bugfix) R3004. The question I have is what options do I need to configure to make levels for this mod?

For game configuration I have Zandornum: Doom 2 (Doom Format) I am unsure if this is correct

Have You Read Blood's Posts? he's on lower chances or lack of interest to Make this a New Update or adding more maps.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 pm

C:\) wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 pm
yo blood dont let this mod die its by far the most played of all even better than the overrated and boring BD
and if you add a support class like i said on my comments before it would be more better
Agreed with you for the letting of the mod part. We sure don't want it to die especially when there's still many more bugs to fix. Hell, I'm waiting to submit my map after CDM17 and CDM18 (Canyon Adventures Part-2) are created.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Bandit wrote:

Blood has links to the special versions for anyone using GZDoom Builder bugfix. It's under the 'Mappers' section if you reveal it. CDM 17, 18, 19, and 20 are all taken. So perharps you can do CDM21 and wait to submit that map until the other four taken levels are submitted. :)
Last edited by Blast98 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

Post by Matiu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:59 am

Blast88 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 pm
Bandit wrote:

Blood has links to the special versions for anyone using GZDoom Builder bugfix. It's under the 'Mappers section if you reveal it. CDM 17, 18, 19, and 20 are all taken. So perhari you can do CDM21 and wait to submit that map until the other four taken levels are submitted. :)
He Does? :neutral:
Current FS member (ZDaemon), former GOH member, former SNS Staff and former ZDaemon Discord Admin.
Youtube Channel | Matiu's Purple World | Instagram | Twitter

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:45 am

Blast88 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 pm
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:39 pm
yo blood dont let this mod die its by far the most played of all even better than the overrated and boring BD
and if you add a support class like i said on my comments before it would be more better
Agreed with you for the letting of the mod part. We sure don't want it to die especially when there's still many more bugs to fix. Hell, I'm waiting to submit my map after CDM17 and CDM18 (Canyon Adventures Part-2) are created.
it seems some guy with a meme game its already doing my dream of playing as a support class and a lot of players they liked how he/she spawn medkits, armors, ammo, sentries and dropping crates for everyone

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 pm

fr blood wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:57 pm
Sorry for the troubles but some people managed to find out my special secret reserved for test allowing you to get bonus crates far more easily making them op as hell. This should be the main reason of your problem.

But I am still going to lower the chances of getting crates in next updates, because after all the items already in the map give you the necessary material to finish the entire level if you are skilled enought.
i already found that secret and its disgusting man i insist to remove it
it ruins the gameplay for everyone
theres already some assholes abusing of it getting shitload of crates and not sharing except 1 who always drop crates when he/she build a command post covered by a ring of fire but still you need to remove that crap

edit: or add a punisment for anyone trying to get that secret like they still get the crates but cant use them

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:58 pm

The project is not dead, not yet. There have been no progress since many months because I just lost interest in Zandronum.
I've already finished a fix update since that time, but I don't feel like updating after all that time with only some fixes and not a least 2 new maps.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 am

fr blood wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:58 pm
The project is not dead, not yet. There have been no progress since many months because I just lost interest in Zandronum.
I've already finished a fix update since that time, but I don't feel like updating after all that time with only some fixes and not a least 2 new maps.
this project must live forever man i no longer play BD because im sick of that overrated shit and most servers use shitty mods, only this one and the survival complex are the good ones
and plz tell me you r going to remove that gay secret

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 am
fr blood wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:58 pm
this project must live forever man i no longer play BD because im sick of that overrated shit and most servers use shitty mods, only this one and the survival complex are the good ones
and plz tell me you r going to remove that gay secret
Agreed with that the project should live on forever because it's the best set of invasion maps I've ever played. I remember messaging Blood that if he stops working on Complex Doom Invasion, he could have someone else take over but I hope he can still work on it. Though I do enjoy playing Brutal Doom, I still agree with you on the Brutal Doom part because people do go on steroids for Brutal Doom on servers and add shitty mods that are just useless and unimportant crazy crap.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:27 am

Zandronum is vegetating, that is why any projects related to it are "on-hold" sort of thing.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:15 pm

blood if you are no longer interested in this mod like blast88 said give it to someone else who will continue updating
i would like to be one but i dont know a shit about modding and dont have a lot of freetime (wife,work,my daughter etc.)

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:29 pm

Here is your anwser.
Spoiler: (Open)

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:15 am

LCA was given a funeral personally by a very high ranking individual from ZDoom forums.

so fr blood, do you know if its completely gone now?

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:41 am

No idea, I stopped worked on LCA since a year and left Legendary and the other.
I have no idea what happened, because I stopped following the project isince lca-v1.5.8.pk3 the version compatible with complex doom invasion, and I'm not planing to update to another one.

EDIT: This is not our problem anyway, I just checked the topic of LCA on Zdoom forum and it got locked like here, So let's be clear. Let's try to avoid talking about lca as it would end up in a big mess. You know what they said never 2 without 3!

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:09 am

Hellow guys, v0.99.2 is out with a lot of new content, check the changelog. And as always because it's a big update we are probably going to find some bugs so a fix update will come in the next weeks.
After that I will go back to my AFK state for the next month then continue on CDM18 when I find the time, have a nice day.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:35 pm

fr blood wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:09 am
Hellow guys, v0.99.2 is out with a lot of new content, check the changelog. And as always because it's a big update we are probably going to find some bugs so a fix update will come in the next weeks.
After that I will go back to my AFK state for the next month then continue on CDM18 when I find the time, have a nice day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHLob6Uy11I

this mod deserves to dethrone the overrated BD

looking forward for the day you make my wish come true (support class with utility gun)

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:22 am

i really like what you did on this update man
leg shotgun and ak47 no longer push (and can kill legs on waiting room)
bfg9000 no longer kill marines sentries etc..
that new GL its a BEAST!!!!
the nerfing on crates
the new map kinda meh but good
new nazi types
erasus hold firing
D-BFG no more alt-spam
the new snake imp meh but anyway
that bs secret from you know where thanks for removing that shit
the new demon rune type its damn OP but worth it since its hard to get it

i have some suggestions if you want too do it on future updates

1.-since you nerfed the crates a lot of people will start to farm on waiting room, so i suggest to nerf teleport monsters crates with sentries, fire traps, mine drones and timebombs
2.-some people incluiding me know the tech jump with Tech vulcan and exploit some secrets, try to remove that if you can
3.-even nerfed i still suggest the epic crates only way to get them its from subbosses like cybers/spider variants, nazi subbosses and Legs
4.-the Open deck when got with bonus crates should be 1 instead of 4

thats all for the moment

and i still dreaming someday you make my dream come true (support class with utility gun) :P

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 am

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:22 am
the nerfing on crates
new nazi types
erasus hold firing
D-BFG no more alt-spam

1.-since you nerfed the crates a lot of people will start to farm on waiting room, so i suggest to nerf teleport monsters crates with sentries, fire traps, mine drones and timebombs
2.-some people incluiding me know the tech jump with Tech vulcan and exploit some secrets, try to remove that if you can
3.-even nerfed i still suggest the epic crates only way to get them its from subbosses like cybers/spider variants, nazi subbosses and Legs

thats all for the moment

and i still dreaming someday you make my dream come true (support class with utility gun) :P
I am not trying to completly removing the fun which Bonus Crate are giving, I'm just trying to make people understand that it is "Complex" Invasion, which mean that it is not supposed to be that easy, by that I mean Victory on every maps at 100%. This is why I nerfed the Bonus Crates by ONLY decreasing the chance of getting very powerful stuff like the Supply Box or the Slot Machine since they were the principal bonus which could entirely change the situation in a map and they were far too common in my opinion for they opness.

And for you suggestions:
1. So be it, I'm going to make more monsters in that teleporter, I am not against them farming them, this is also were the Trapped Crate comes, if someone is merging too much powerups/runes he will die, so be careful.
2. I was not aware of that, I never tried it myself, I guess a simple solution will be to make it so it damages the player shooting it I guess.
3. It's always funny to see 10 people rushing an epic crate all at the same time, but no worries I seriously reduced their chance of being drop on the field, so yeah if you want them, you must kill subbosses or legs.
4. It is attented, the open deck is rare but gives you the opportunity to get what you want, beside there are still people getting backpacks from it by accident so this is why I gave them more than 1 ammunition lol.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 pm

fr blood wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:52 am
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:22 am
the nerfing on crates
new nazi types
erasus hold firing
D-BFG no more alt-spam

thats all for the moment

I am not trying to completly removing the fun which Bonus Crate are giving, I'm just trying to make people understand that it is "Complex" Invasion, which mean that it is not supposed to be that easy, by that I mean Victory on every maps at 100%. This is why I nerfed the Bonus Crates by ONLY decreasing the chance of getting very powerful stuff like the Supply Box or the Slot Machine since they were the principal bonus which could entirely change the situation in a map and they were far too common in my opinion for they opness.

And for you suggestions:
1. So be it, I'm going to make more monsters in that teleporter, I am not against them farming them, this is also were the Trapped Crate comes, if someone is merging too much powerups/runes he will die, so be careful.
2. I was not aware of that, I never tried it myself, I guess a simple solution will be to make it so it damages the player shooting it I guess.
3. It's always funny to see 10 people rushing an epic crate all at the same time, but no worries I seriously reduced their chance of being drop on the field, so yeah if you want them, you must kill subbosses or legs.
4. It is attented, the open deck is rare but gives you the opportunity to get what you want, beside there are still people getting backpacks from it by accident so this is why I gave them more than 1 ammunition lol.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/ ... anks01.wav