All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Komodo

Re: All Out War 2.2 - RC2

Post by Komodo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:14 am

When you want to draw your chainsaw as a stealth you can either press 1 four times or just wheel down one time.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:54 am

Sad to see that AOW died over the removal of a shitty pistol. RIP

Megaman CBM is a better mod anyway.
Last edited by Ru5tK1ng on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:55 am

bring back 9/11

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:57 am

aow rip in jason 9/11/17 'pistol viable'

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:38 am

Hey guys party's over. I might have to throw some warns out if it keeps going

Dusk
Developer

Post by Dusk » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:52 am

jdagenet wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm
You’d be correct about the font. The way Dusk has the palette and the graphics, he made it extremely hard to change the font or anything related to the palette for that matter.
This wouldn’t be the first time Dusk’s design choice was dumb, we recently found something extremely shady that Dusk implemented that I never even knew about regarding the War Factory.
The palette redo was a blunder on my part, I admit that. I had actually discarded this version because it became too hard to maintain both in terms of graphics and code, and re-forked from r1459 with more refactoring and a less invasive palette change (however that branch died off before it really took off). I don't know why this branch in particular was continued and not the newer one.

I don't know what this shadiness is that you talk about, though. I aimed to be as transparent as possible.

satori
New User

Post by satori » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:50 pm

Just saw this, needs a bump. Super fucking depressed. Pistol removed, SMG nerfed? Active attempts to actually balance the game instead of just adding more and more ridiculous junk like the Tortoise? Why did this die? What could be so wrong with people that they would let this great dream die? We need to bring back AOW, damn it. AOW2 for FNF!

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:12 pm

satori wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:50 pm
Just saw this, needs a bump. Super fucking depressed. Pistol removed, SMG nerfed? Active attempts to actually balance the game instead of just adding more and more ridiculous junk like the Tortoise? Why did this die? What could be so wrong with people that they would let this great dream die? We need to bring back AOW, damn it. AOW2 for FNF!
The players just don’t like to actually try I guess.

I’d love to continue work on AOW, but if the community is going to cry about a Pistol being removed or revolt by forking their own version then I can spend my time elsewhere.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

satori
New User

Post by satori » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:01 am

Right? If anyone throws up a server, I will fucking be there. Maybe I'll do it. 2.2, not this jank 2.1.2.56.4.6.3.7.457 shit. Please.

Seriously, AOW is that good and doesn't really deserve to die any time soon. Ironically, Renegade just isn't as fun anymore. Better than PlanetSide™.

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:10 am

AOW has potential to turn into a really strategic game if the right changes are implemented, which was my main goal from the start: fix the bugs, fix the balance issues that have been ignored for years, and turn it into an actual strategy game rather than a 45+ minute grudge match where players only worry about getting the most frags. Unfortunately, the balance issues have been around for years and eventually became accustomed by the majority of the players. Change one thing that should've been done a long time ago and people go crazy.

It's really an unfortunate scenario of the players just not knowing what is good for them because they've played terrible releases for years and years dating back to Skulltag.
<Dynamo_>uh
<FusedQyou>Dunno

De-M-oN
Forum Regular

Post by De-M-oN » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:55 pm

I dont know when this change was made and from whom, but it was very frustrating to see that a beacon cant harm HP/Ammo Regens anymore...
WHY?

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:13 am

De-M-oN wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:55 pm
I dont know when this change was made and from whom, but it was very frustrating to see that a beacon cant harm HP/Ammo Regens anymore...
WHY?
Update was made by me on April 11th. Also, super weapons damaging regens was never a thing.
<Dynamo_>uh
<FusedQyou>Dunno

De-M-oN
Forum Regular

Post by De-M-oN » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:58 pm

I can understand that beacons shouldnt be able to destroy a building from outside, but why the regens? The regens were destroyable in the past by a beacon and I dont see why not anymore? Makes no sense to me.
Or are they destroyable now again with your update?
Also, super weapons damaging regens was never a thing.
It was. How said I did it often in the past. Especially if the building has a lots of defenses into it and also the regens are an easier target for success and the enemy has at least costs by doing it. Of course C4 works too, but sometimes I prefer a beacon there, especially because it is a safe death for both of them, while with C4 I have to damage them before C4 is able to kill them.

But thank you for updating AOW again. That even results that my fav mod is alive again ♥

What I REALLY love - that destroyed buildings restore lives. Thats really cool !

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Having played from the start of AOW, using Super Weapons on regens have indeed been a thing. Probably not in the newer iterations though. Personally, I don't see the harm in it.

De-M-oN
Forum Regular

Post by De-M-oN » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

My titan mech didnt got ammo refilled on hell march.
I was full hp, but I'm quite sure that it was fixed that it only refills if hp needs refill too?
I didnt try to damage myself though. I just bought a new titan. But it can get expensive this way :D Especially with the new prices.
jdagenet wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Also, side idea. What if maps like immortal kombat just started off as SD a lot sooner? I mean people love to TDM on it so why not just fully embrace it and make SD start 10 mins in or something? That way its not as grindy and people can just have fun.
That's an idea commonly thrown out in TS.
Really, TDM maps don't have to last the entire 45 minutes and beyond as is. People who complain that it's a grind just aren't good at playing full time offensive. Just like any other map, good stealths and timecops can take down buildings pretty quickly, especially if the other team is brain dead.
Except 95% of the matches end up going through the pointless 45 minute grind even with 'stacked' teams. A good util easily locks down stealth and rngcop is lol. Never get warped to where you need to be when you need to be. Regardless, the core of the problem with the grindfests are that the map designs are shit, but hey, it's 45 minutes to go do something else.
[/quote]
It only gets boring if you're forced into the TDM. There are some maps, where you cant get any tiberium, because some enemies camp the whole time the tib field and you get no money, while it is more productive to sit it out in spawnroom, instead of giving the enemy EXP points for killing.
So I'm either forced to go with the TDM or wait in spawnroom to let the money flow.
But due to the changes on some weapons it got better now even on these maps. But its still a thing. But it was worse in the past, like with the SSG.
Most players in AOW can barely get double digit frags in 50 minutes it wouldn't make a difference
I do very few frags too. I help the team otherwise. By trying to destroy defenses and buildings of the enemy base. Or imagine a Utility Guy. He may be Utility Guy the whole match, or for a long time period.
Or me does a lot of refining before a first attack and some minutes before SD.
The points score shows imo slightly more how much the player did for the team :)
What's wrong with using mousewheel :(.
The time it needs to search the weapon you want and hit the weapon you want. Especially in a fight it would be very meh for me.
I use the slots binded around wasd keys. For example Plasma Cannon is R, Repair Gun is X and so on.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:34 am

jason u want to make aow an actual strategy game? nice we have the same goal i got u BR0. i heard u released the next update, good job

need more lyposuction on that maplist on stuff like 04. some of those maps would prob be way better if someone just drew some tunnels real fast. sometimes they just ruin a whole map with 1 dumb mistake such as Protox's 'all out war' remake with the large gap between the gates. also 10 right after 08 is ughhh lol. both maps are stalemate heaven with barely any way to attack the base successfully. 04 has a huge ass open base with near 100% obby coverage, idk why maps do that. why are all these maps so defence heavy
courtesy of some nice guy: http://aow2.drdteam.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1006

Demon I agree with everything you wrote, even the parts I didn't read.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:37 am

good update jason. i won every game and my enemies got mad and rq. proof it's a good update (fix bugs tho)

jdagenet
Forum Regular

Post by jdagenet » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Yeah I think this update has been mostly positive, still some things that need fixing/adjusting (stealth knife got buffed??).

I know maps are a major, major issue. There’s only a handful that are legitamely good. I’d like to dedicate the mapping side to someone else imo. Doing the developing as well as mapping is kind of dumb, but it has to be done at some point, probably not by me though.

Anyway, I’m currently working on the next update that’ll hopefully fix some things even more.
<Dynamo_>uh
<FusedQyou>Dunno

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 pm

De-M-oN wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm
Except 95% of the matches end up going through the pointless 45 minute grind even with 'stacked' teams. A good util easily locks down stealth and rngcop is lol. Never get warped to where you need to be when you need to be. Regardless, the core of the problem with the grindfests are that the map designs are shit, but hey, it's 45 minutes to go do something else.
Remember when tickets were put in the beginning of the matches and people cried that rushing and legitimate early-game play was prevalent instead of dying for 45 minutes and no one doing anything?
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

De-M-oN
Forum Regular

Post by De-M-oN » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:16 pm

That quote isnt by me. But I see there seems to miss a quote bbcode tag in my post.
stealth knife got buffed??
Yes. And pls dont change it back. I like it :) If its really such of a big problem, then a suggestion would be a RNG damage like doom which allows with getting a good RNG hit still the onehit kill. But also with the current - the onehit kill is only possible if you're close enough to the enemy which is cool.
But I really would prefer it unchanged, because I dont see it using anymore if I have everytime to worry to die just because he survived that. In most cases I pump a lot of money into a stealth run.
But is the chem sprayer buffed too? I dont remember it THAT strong :P
I would like it if the Rocket Launcher could have an altfire, which shoots non-homing, but maybe slightly faster (and less damaging if necessary for balance) rockets. Because sometimes I'm stuck between targeting and non-targeting and the Launcher denies to shoot due to this xD (or an alternative would be - if it doesnt have a target, just let it shoot a non-homing rocket instead of shooting nothing :P (which it does, but it doesnt if it switches back and forth from seeing a target and not seeing a target) Its not a big issue and I dont mind if it stays unchanged, but just to mention the idea/suggestion.