Where's The DM Servers?

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
BL1TZKRI3G
New User

Where's The DM Servers?

Post by BL1TZKRI3G » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:33 am

Where are the Deathmatch servers? The absence of them is getting idiotic.
Doom was the game that began and coined the term "Deathmatch." So why I am I seeing nothing but Megaman DM (That doesn't count for me. I'm talking about Doom deathmatch, not this total conversion stuff.) or survival servers?

The Ironic Facts
[/size]Now, I have to ask, why is it where ZDaemon - a source port which happens to be over 15 years old - has a more evenly spread amount of players? The density of certain servers is Nuts. Notice the capital. Then other servers are ghost towns! On ZDaemon, sure you may have 20 players as a whole. But still, you see a good 8 players on a survival server, 5 to 10 players on a FFA server, and maybe if there's a CTF server up you'll see a dense packing of all players for some good 'ol Capture the Flag. You'll never see such even spreading on Zandronum.

We can fix this!
I'm unsure if I'm alone here; we can organize a deathmatch server on Zandronum together! Just reply if you want to play some deathmatch. We can organize a game and play.

Afrit

Re: Where's The DM Servers?

Post by Afrit » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:04 am

lol

Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

Post by Matiu » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Well it's probably due of the new update factors that people specially me are complaining about the shots registering not well, lag, problems and such.

ARGENTVM
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by ARGENTVM » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Clearly you were not around for Friday Night Fragfest, where around 32 players showed up for a Deathmatch.

Also, DBAB/Aeon/Neon DM.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:05 am

There are DM servers online. If you want people to play them: take the first step and join so people will come.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:41 am

Yup, no one wants to take the initiative to start up a DM server. Same goes for public CTF.

guydudeperson
New User
Clan Tag: NT

Post by guydudeperson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 pm

If you try to take the initiative to start up a deathmatch you're gonna sit in the server with you're thumb up your ass waiting for no one to join. I try it all the time. I get so salty about it cuz coop survival and invasion are not fun to me. I'd rather play solo if I'm doing a playthrough.

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Hey,

By chance did you check this out? This event starts today, so try to attend it if you can!
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier