All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Re: All Out War 2.2 - RC2

Post by jdagenet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm

The Pistol was useless and cluttered your inventory. The only thing players used the Pistol for was to meme or to sell it for the little cash it was worth.

You’d be correct about the font. The way Dusk has the palette and the graphics, he made it extremely hard to change the font or anything related to the palette for that matter.
This wouldn’t be the first time Dusk’s design choice was dumb, we recently found something extremely shady that Dusk implemented that I never even knew about regarding the War Factory.

The Shotgun is going to be balanced just a tad in the next version so that way it’s not so good in almost every scenerio.
The SMG is also going to be rebalanced so that way the nerf isn’t so in your face.
One suggestion I got for the SMG was to revert it back to its old version and make Gunman a paid class, $300. It didn’t seem like a bad idea, but I’m going to test the next nerf out and see how people favor it.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:15 pm

Fair enough, I mainly used the pistol to open doors when refining :/. Maybe making it silent would be a cool idea.

Kaminsky
Developer

Post by Kaminsky » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm

jdagenet wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:55 pm
The SMG is also going to be rebalanced so that way the nerf isn’t so in your face.
One suggestion I got for the SMG was to revert it back to its old version and make Gunman a paid class, $300. It didn’t seem like a bad idea, but I’m going to test the next nerf out and see how people favor it.
If you ever plan on returning the old version of the SMG, I would suggest that it becomes its own purchasable upgrade (similar to the repair gun upgrade) rather than make the Gunman class something you have to spend credits on. This upgrade can be purchased if anyone really wants to have the full automatic fire mode on their SMG.

Despite the Gunman class now being relatively weak compared to other classes, it's always good when you're able to fallback to this class in case you're low credits, or if your team and base are being destroyed by the enemy which often leaves your team in a poor economic position. Having this class cost credits could make it a hindrance for players who prefer to play more combative roles than supportive ones.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm

You can pay a combative role with Shotgunner which is also free :D

ARGENTVM
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by ARGENTVM » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:21 am

Maybe replace what used to be the shitty rubber band shooter (rofl really can't believe people are bitching about the pistol being gone) with a real magnum on some of the more combative classes

Kaminsky
Developer

Post by Kaminsky » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:24 am

Razgriz wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm
You can pay a combative role with Shotgunner which is also free :D
I almost forgot that the Shotgunner is a free class too. :cool:

The SMG and shotgun do obviously have their differences, with the former being capable at hitting targets from a good distance and the latter being more effective (and very deadly) in close quarter situations.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:22 pm

You've startled the mass unconscious jason... no big worry though, just don't add lightbulb screwing into the game or their teams will come to a full stop.

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:12 pm

ARGENTVM wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:21 am
Maybe replace what used to be the shitty rubber band shooter (rofl really can't believe people are bitching about the pistol being gone) with a real magnum on some of the more combative classes
Maybe the Tiberium Flechette Pistol rather than the regular pistol? You could use it as a weapon for the more higher classes.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Talon_Tiberium_flechette_gun
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:36 am

So I read a bit of drama involving Thomas and his DC friends like Mr. Boozer and I got to say this.

The zika brain infection from brazilians is nothing compared to the tiberium radiation they are infected with.

https://pastebin.com/erHpKAGC

Let me extrapolate the mind numbing contradictions of these people and why they are vastly incorrect about everything they say. Keep in mind they never voice their opinions openly where it can be tested and contested because any time they do they feel pretty nonsensical. You'd think this is a flame post but before you report me read it and see this magic trick I'm about to execute.

Code: Select all

MrBoozer - Today at 3:20 PM
Doesn't what I have listed already do that lol
ur reasons are dumb as usual

MrBoozer - Today at 3:22 PM
good old a3 shittalk
Hypocrite
First blood. Mr Boozer uses cognitive dissonance and it's.. not very effective. Keep in mind that A3 is brought up because.. well, why not I mean that's what everyone does in Zandronum anyway.

MrBoozer - Today at 3:22 PM
why am I even listening to this cancer
The game would end closely same quick even if tickets were gone at all
due to repair unability
Confirmed never played AOW in his life.

MrBoozer - Today at 3:25 PM
Made shotgun as powerful as swat shotgun was
and why you even removed it
Shotgun is getting nerfed next release stop crying about it already.

MrBoozer - Today at 3:26 PM
Jason doesn't give a fuck thomas he's listening to a3 and ignores the rest community
can't listen to a community of mutes..

MrBoozer - Today at 3:27 PM
Ok numerous players can agree with me about pistol and new tickets system
but
you won't give a fuck
isn't
that true
Majority of the community isn't good at AOW; otherwise, they'd know no one uses pistols seriously. That's why you use addons or enemy drops.

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:28 PM
lack of consideration = killing our little communitY
Hypocrite 2
You guys don't consider Jason and what he wanted.

MrBoozer - Today at 3:30 PM
whoever uses mousewheel to change weapons must uninstall zandronum right now
Well whoever uses mousewheel should uninstall Zandronum right now. You know for someone who wants others to consider their opinions and call Jason ignorant you definitely are quick to dismiss people who don't use whatever weapon cycling you prefer.

MrBoozer - Today at 3:31 PM
How pistol was cluttering space then
Don't fists
Do the same
str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:31 PM
or they ll be gone forever
MrBoozer - Today at 3:31 PM
it's the most retarded reason
I've ever
heard
in my life

jdagenet - Today at 3:31 PM
They do, I've considered removing fists too, worthless weapon
I thought Jason wasn't listening to Mr. Boozer and not agreeing with him? What's this? Is Boozer in A3 now?

MrBoozer - Today at 3:32 PM
Hmm maybe when I face a medic having tiberium autorifle only???
Waaahh? That's always been a thing in AOW. Nothing changed. Chances are he's going to have a weapon your armor can't do anything about so whipping out a pistol mid combat is probably THE WORST DECISION YOU EVER MADE. Why don't people use weapons enemies drop or whatever addon there is? Chainsaw? Plasma cannon? Artillery? Why are you only leaving with one weapon? I'm a pure flamer and even I can concede that having another weapon will help me in such situations and assuming I'd pull the weapon out fast enough because weapon cycling in AOW is the same as vanilla Doom weapon cycling. That means if you are fighting that medic who is a immune (you won't know you're damaging him until you realize he isn't dying right away) he's going to have the jump on you by switching to a better weapon like smg or minigun by the time you get your shitty little cuck pistol. You weren't going to win the dps no matter what anyway. Stop perpetuating this lie.

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:32 PM
damn :(
jason honestly
DC cock sucking

MrBoozer - Today at 3:33 PM
So u can atleast do some shit with fucking pistol
not just
get rekt
are you that dumb jason
More insults, but don't worry A3 is cancer.

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:34 PM
we need direct democracy for aow or it ll become very hard to keep it together
Yeah we need a democracy alright. AOW requires a democracy of many people telling the only guy working on it what to do and how to do it. No no it isn't like it's his or anything to work on and you contribute or something. NOPE. You just demand the majority of players tell HIM what to do no matter how insane or stupid it is, and trust me you guys are pretty much bottom tier intellect. Feel some type of way? Feel free to say it here instead of hiding in your discord.

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:34 PM
jason, please
work together with boozer now
You're going to see this a lot. Have you noticed how Thomas demands Jason work or listen to boozer. What kind of entitlement is this?

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:35 PM
ur version ur version
everyone just listens to is ur bunch of radical changes
which do not please more than 25% of the aow ppl

A3 (and bobby) on a server is almost 20 percent of the server at a given moment if all of our players who liked AOW played (myself, slyfox, Jason, Avernus, Razgriz, Rustking, Dranzer, Tesla, Combinebobnt, Argentum, Cennou, and goliath just started not including the time we had Icon). 64 max players and I named 12. That's 18.75 percent of a given game. 13 when Icon tried it that's 20.3 percent. We're short 2 for that quota and A3 is a big enough clan. Turret Master tried it to so that could have been 21 percent.

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:37 PM
davai,scazal on bratan
lol!!!
yeah sure
and u cleaned it
mr judge
looool
who r u to judge
The guy who is modding for it rofl

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:38 PM
u dont know history of aow
u took over sth abandoned and became a tyrant
start consideration now
YOU DUMB TYRANT CONSIDER IT NOW! OPEN YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW! TYRANT! IGNORANT TYRANT!

DrkKsy - Today at 3:38 PM
I use mousewheel
I'm already better than 99% of the community
your argument?
MrBoozer - Today at 3:39 PM
Get a life
Watch this magic trick

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:46 PM
the ppl ingame r important instead of the maximal 15 diff persons who c
if u h. a fulltimejob--> no time
dont interfere
dont get into updates
DrkKsy - Today at 3:46 PM
huh
str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:46 PM
it disqualifies u
So.. which is it? Direct Cancer (DC).

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:39 PM
or u ll drive out the most valuable aow community members
DrkKsy - Today at 3:39 PM
what a dumbass
boozer was valuable?
thats news to me
jdagenet - Today at 3:39 PM
Name some valuable players
str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:39 PM
jesus
cecilharve
faika
ppl like them
r aow veterans
Notice he only named 2 people and one of them is literally who? I can think of a few off the top that left an impression on me. you have veterans like

Mr X
Tula
Tea Time

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:40 PM
they dont approve ur tyrant way of "updates"
Words.. words words words words

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:41 PM
ignorance???
who is aow?
WHO WAS GUNMAN!?

they r not in forums

nor in discord
irc

tbey r ingame
they r only ingame
they onlY check IDE for aow
and this is Jason's problem because? How is he suppose to keep track of all the nonsense from players who do not at least put their suggestions in places that aren't instantly buried underneath massive floods of text. Getting a discord setup is easier than irc and forums so there's no excuse anymore. You want changes? Then be the changes you want to see. Change starts with you.

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:45 PM
i dont judge
Tyrant! IGNORANT!

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:45 PM
but u seem veryyy ignorant
Oops nevermind

MrBoozer - Today at 3:47 PM
compared to you I don't even play this game
That sums up the problem now.

MrBoozer - Today at 3:49 PM
wish a3 opinions mattered
I thought our opinions mattered too much now it doesn't matter?

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:50 PM
those several a3 who abused any exploitable loophole ingame?? ahh ok
Like?

In short:

DC is literally sub-human.
Last edited by Mobius on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:37 am

mfw when pistol gets removed very useful

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:40 am

when I use mousewheel
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:45 am

DoomCucks dictating AoW without playing, and if you play, yep you guessed it you don't have a life XD

Sub-human logic is back with a vengeance with that log.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:50 am

str1kkstr1k3r - Today at 3:50 PM
those several a3 who abused any exploitable loophole ingame?? ahh ok
It's funny that most of those loopholes were already abused by several players before most of us ever even played AOW. A lot of players abused shit because it was an advantage and do you think people aren't going to use any advantage they can? Most of those exploits have already been fixed anyway. You're being beyond naive if you think some of us were the only ones abusing things.

Also people didn't like having to post on forums for their suggestions or on irc. Now that there's a discord, no one wants to use it. There are several outlets for people to give input and if they don't want to use it, why should anyone go hunt them down? People give feedback in the server, but it's cluttered by spam and trolling and most of the time it's just someone upset they lost.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:11 am

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:50 am
Also people didn't like having to post on forums for their suggestions or on irc. Now that there's a discord, no one wants to use it. There are several outlets for people to give input and if they don't want to use it, why should anyone go hunt them down? People give feedback in the server, but it's cluttered by spam and trolling and most of the time it's just someone upset they lost.
It's just more and more excuses to try and twist Jason's arm into doing whatever they want. A lot of players in this community are spoiled rotten self entitled faggots that don't deserve anything good for them. This isn't for all of them. I've been hanging out with them megaman players and they speak among each other over their game. Nice people, but a little misguided about clan stuff (no big deal). Somehow this is not possible for the average AOW player because they are SO CASUAL THEY DON'T GIVE A REAL FUCK unless it's to waste Jason's time.

I mean if they feel differently they can always post. Try to debunk me in this thread: why is pistol useful? I say it's trash and my reasons are simple

Weapon switch - you are behind the time between you and your opponent in DPS. Good luck winning with most of your health sapped.
Damage potential - Pistol is not going to win any dps against anyone who already have their weapon out
Better alternatives - There's oodles of weapons on the floor you can pick up from dead players to use
Addons - Expensive but it's better than NO weapons.
Ranks - Later on you get an SMG anyway for any class you use after a specific rank. This includes the chainsaw.
Pick another class - The only argument people give is the ones about having armor types counter them. Well I can only see this apply to Flamer/Chem morso than energy types. Go be some other class then.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:03 am

What's wrong with using mousewheel :(.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:02 pm

Galactus wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:03 am
What's wrong with using mousewheel :(.

MrBoozer - Today at 3:30 PM
whoever uses mousewheel to change weapons must uninstall zandronum right now
Sorry, Galactus. You're gonna have to uninstall Zandronum now. So do I now too so don't worry.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:03 pm

I use mouse wheel because at higher ranks, I have too much stuff to remember what is in which slot.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:59 pm

they have armor to counter my weapon and I have a pistol

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:18 pm

dumb toxic competitive aow scene

true happiness is running around the map sightseeing and getting 1 frag in 50 minutes

Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

Post by Matiu » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:49 am

Seems that AOW is so popular along of other mods of Doom.