Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
Skeleton

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by Skeleton » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:45 am

Gogmagog wrote:I don't know if this is intended behavior or not, but The Corruption (cdm10 boss) has an attack state that gives it ~20 seconds of invulnerability, which it seems able to immediately recast. This can get pretty frustrating when you burn a high-value item, like a Skull of Power or Legendary BFG, only to have it go completely to waste because the boss chained invulnerability for the entire buff duration.

Just thought I'd bring it up since it seems to be a real pain in the ass for everyone whenever the server switches to cdm10.
Yeah, is a bug

Code: Select all

Minions:
	   TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySoundEx("Corruption/talk2","Body",0,2)
   	   TNT1 A 0 A_SetInvulnerable
	   TNT1 A 0 A_FaceTarget
	   DCSU MMMMMMMNNNNNN 5 A_SpawnItemEx("CorruptionFlameAndWindSpawner")
	   DCSU O 0 A_SpawnItemEx("CorruptionServants",0,0,0,0,0,0,0,32,64)
	   DCSU O 2 A_SpawnItemEx("CorruptionFlameAndWindSpawner") 
	   Goto See
that "attack" is missiong TNT1 A 0 A_UnSetInvulnerable at the end

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:47 am

blood pls let me remake the boss, the code is a bit messy hahaha

Titanium
New User

Post by Titanium » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:25 pm

Blood, this mods needs nopush and i get self damage accidentally by friendly marines, sentries and players by with (Double) Homing Rocket Launcher. Of course i don't see true legendary bfg balls only blue circles i see, is from True Legendary Cardinal in CMDBOSS

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:32 am

Actually the problem may come from the server where the cvar sv_smartaim isn't on 4 which avoid the push especially for the BFG.
And for the rest since we are now on Zand 3.0 I might be able to make new bullets able to go throught allies.

Gogmagog
New User

Post by Gogmagog » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 pm

I would like to request the wholesale removal of trapped crates from CDI. They are unnecessary and frustrating, often causing the immediate loss of a reinforcement card if both items are looted at the same time.

I understand the value of troll/gag mechanics, but this one has overstayed its welcome.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:49 pm

Gogmagog wrote:I would like to request the wholesale removal of trapped crates from CDI. They are unnecessary and frustrating, often causing the immediate loss of a reinforcement card if both items are looted at the same time.

I understand the value of troll/gag mechanics, but this one has overstayed its welcome.
well you should realize now that the experimental teleport is not a play thing.

Gogmagog
New User

Post by Gogmagog » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:16 pm

It's also the only way to get reinforcement cards during a boss wave if you don't have a utility gun.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:29 am

Gogmagog wrote:It's also the only way to get reinforcement cards during a boss wave if you don't have a utility gun.
well that's the whole reason, it wouldn't be a boss fight if you were allowed to keep returning from the dead without any cost, its the challenge.
(Albeit you can still get back by messing with the teleport and spawing some cross dimensional doughnut that wants to rape you with chicken eggs etc)

Gogmagog
New User

Post by Gogmagog » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Challenge and game balance aside, the issue I'm describing is specifically with trapped crates and their effect on the game. Looting a trapped crate is a gag which loses its appeal after the first time it happens, and considering the effect it has on CDI's reinforcement mechanic, it doesn't seem to make much sense to keep it around as is.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Gogmagog wrote:Challenge and game balance aside, the issue I'm describing is specifically with trapped crates and their effect on the game. Looting a trapped crate is a gag which loses its appeal after the first time it happens, and considering the effect it has on CDI's reinforcement mechanic, it doesn't seem to make much sense to keep it around as is.
I vote to keep it, its something that always brings a smile to my face and it very rarely happens that you grab a trapped crate with a reinforcement card, and you should learn to play better so you don't lose lives and end up having to lucky draw your way back.

Gogmagog
New User

Post by Gogmagog » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:21 pm

I'm not looking for advice, just voicing a concern. If blood opts to keep trapped crates, that's fine.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:57 am

Gogmagog you will never find trapped crates outside of the waiting so it will not influence on the reinfocements.

Gogmagog
New User

Post by Gogmagog » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:41 am

What I mean is that if a player kills a portal enemy and it drops a trapped crate and a reinforcement card, looting both at the same time will cause the card will place them at map spawn, and the crate to immediately kill them and place them back in the waiting room.

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 pm

this last update it ruins the gameplay a little it needs some nerfs specially the epic crates
1.- Epic crates cannot be dropped anymore
2.- Cyberdemons/spider varians and legs are the only monsters who can give you epic crates
3.- Bonus crates no longer give you an epic crate (players easy farm those crates on the portal room )
4.- Portal Enemies should give you bonus crates but with very basic items like mega/ultra spheres, beacons, turrets and traps
5.- Lower the portal enemies reinforcement card drop rate so players will have to be more cautious when dying

most of the time when i join those epic crates drop very often on the first waves

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:42 am

C:\) wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:59 pm
this last update it ruins the gameplay a little it needs some nerfs specially the epic crates
2.- Cyberdemons/spider varians and legs are the only monsters who can give you epic crates
3.- Bonus crates no longer give you an epic crate (players easy farm those crates on the portal room )
4.- Portal Enemies should give you bonus crates but with very basic items like mega/ultra spheres, beacons, turrets and traps
5.- Lower the portal enemies reinforcement card drop rate so players will have to be more cautious when dying

most of the time when i join those epic crates drop very often on the first waves
Actually the epic crates are fine especially that Blood nerfed the chance of these crates to be dropped. I mean I play on Single Player mode and the crates will not drop so often.

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:13 am

Just get in mind that sometimes the epic crate can end up in small bonus like 5 extra lives which shouldn't really change the situation of the map gameplay.

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:32 am

Blast88 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:42 am

Actually the epic crates are fine especially that Blood nerfed the chance of these crates to be dropped. I mean I play on Single Player mode and the crates will not drop so often.
im speaking about Multiplayer who the fuck plays Complex invasion SP very boring

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:35 am

fr blood wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:13 am
Just get in mind that sometimes the epic crate can end up in small bonus like 5 extra lives which shouldn't really change the situation of the map gameplay.
i insist to nerf those crates so only cybers/spiders variants, Legs and Nazi sub-bosses to drop those crates

Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:37 am

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:32 am
Blast88 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:42 am

im speaking about Multiplayer who the fuck plays Complex invasion SP its very boring

fr blood

Post by fr blood » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am

I agree with him Epic Crates should and will be more rare in the future, if an update comes out a day.
I will be honest, even with Zandronum 3.0, since we already had tons of beta, my enjoyment was only for a week but my boreness is still present.
Smaller community, always playing the same mods, that is annoying, which explain why you don't see me around often like before because I litteraly lost interest on Zandronum both in game and modding/mapping.

I prefer to use the small free time of mine on modding at something else than Zandronum.

Especially with that new "bull shit" addon(yeah this is the right word) called "Insane Mode" made by ForestMark, which is nothing but a mess, thank you for starting the damn addon cancer here.
I would call it a metastasis from the primary cancer affecting complex doom and lca.