AARON "DEMONSPHERE" EMGE

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Alpha_
Forum Regular

AARON "DEMONSPHERE" EMGE

Post by Alpha_ » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:54 am

It is with much regret and sadness that I have to report that a pillar of our community, Aaron "DemonSphere" Emge, passed away early on the morning of September 24th, 2017.

In our community, Aaron excelled at everything he attempted. He was an excellent player, a great teammate, and a beloved captain. Above all of this, he was a true friend to many of us and his absence will resonate with us for eternity. May he rest in peace.

For anyone struggling with depression, know that you are loved - by your family and friends. Please never give up - this is a mistake that you won't have an opportunity to regret. In the United States, there is a free suicide prevention line at 1-800-273-8255.

When more details become available regarding services, this post will be updated. [/quote]

I met ds through zdaemon, in my first clan, DB4D, enjoyed the late night gaming sessions, just playing co-op or survival with him. I still can't believe this, he was just playing Quake Champions, happened way too soon. Just terrible to hear, lost but won't be forgotten my friend.
RIP BIG GUY
Last edited by Alpha_ on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Re: AARON "DEMONSPHERE" EMGE

Post by Mobius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:04 am

Struggling and depression? Is this implying that Demonsphere committed suicide? This is actually surprising having him interact with us and our teamspeak. Wow.. I don't even know what to type. I am not good with this kind of stuff.

rip Demonsphere.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:17 am

It's always sad to see a fellow doomer pass away, especially due to depression...

RIP.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:35 am

As I said before, I just can't believe this at all. He had just been on our TS late last night talking, laughing, and roasting goliath. Just completely awful news..

RIP DS, you'll always be a top player in everyone's eyes, forever.

Doomkid
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 am

This is tragic.. Rest in Peace, DS. :(

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 am

Absolutely bizarre, DS stops by our TS pretty often to talk and hangout. The guy was super cool.

Terrible news, I'll definitely miss him.
~ Rest in peace DS.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:18 am

phpBB [media]
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:26 am

I never knew the guy myself, but he came on TS last night and we were all laughing and having a good time at around 3:00AM. He called me a fatass and stuff but I didn't really mind because we all knew it was in good fun.

It's hard to believe that a guy we spoke to not even a day ago committed suicide. RIP DemonSphere, had I remotely, even remotely sniffed out that he was going through something like this I would of stayed up just to talk with the guy. Rest in peace, man.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:36 am

I can't believe that...
Just whats going on with this world, eh.
Uhhhh.. i remember when he connected to zdwars and asked us with Killstrike how to play this game, we had alot of fun games with him.
That guy was so cool. Rest In Peace Dude.

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Jwarrier » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:02 am

This hit me pretty hard. I get a text from Alt_Stab at my son's 6th birthday party that Aaron had passed away and to learn it was from depression is just unimaginable. We all see each other through an alias and not know the pains and struggles we fight through on a day to day basis. I wish there was some way we could have helped him, instead there will never be a time where we will be on team speak together again. We lost a valued member of our community today. Please if you are struggling and need help reach out to the resources available to you. 1-800-273-8255

Samurai
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:19 am

Part of the original #hangout crew on ZDaemon. I'm lost for words, so sad...

Rest in peace friend.
Last edited by Samurai on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:24 am

I got the unfortunate news via Rust and it got reinforced as the evening went on. I am extremely saddened that he decided to go this way, for me I've known him since 2006 and we maintained decent contact with each other and always had fun playing with each other, even way back then. All the clowning and jabs we threw at each other over the years always was a good laugh to reflect back on. I knew before he had struggled with some form of depression but I never knew that he was still going through something. I still can't really believe it, it's not a thing I ever expected him to do, not after everything he's done and everyone he's met.

Rest in peace well my good friend, you will be missed.

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:11 am

This sucks man. RIP Demonsphere.

I dont really know him well apart from hes a pretty cool player to hang with but it always sucks to see we loose another doomer no matter who it is.

I also cant stress enough with Jwarrier's suggestion though. Its a good one. Depression sucks ass. Just know theres help available if you need it.

Does anyone know if demonsphere made any maps etc?

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:00 am

Damn just shows how hard it is to notice if someone has depression. Demonsphere was one of the last people I expected to do this. Amazing player and An all-round chill dude, he will be missed.

Moti
Forum Regular

Post by Moti » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:31 am

It always sucks when a community member passes away, especially at such a young age.

We didn't really talk much but I enjoyed every game we played together, the guy was a real powerhouse.

May he find peace in heaven.

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:02 am

Wow. I never really talked to Demonsphere, but I did notice he was a very beloved person to everybody, which was more than enough for me to like him.
It's truly sad to see a fellow Doomer pass away, especially if it might've been because of depression, and I don't think anybody expected this.
Rest in peace, DS.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:57 am

I didn't know the guy, I just recognize the name.
Times like these are truly saddening and from what I can see here this is a great loss by any and all metrics.

If anyone else out there struggles to the extent of suicidal considerations, please seek help. Your life isn't in an unchangeable state and you can drive the changes you want. Reach out to suicide consultants, family and/or friends. Heck anyone and anything at that point. The people in your life will help you out and sometimes even complete strangers may go to great lengths to get you through your struggles.

I thought today would be a good day this morning. I couldn't be more wrong.

im1hpu0

Post by im1hpu0 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Jesus Christ i can't belive he's gone... He was so nice to me, and we used to duel togheter. I'll miss him...
Goodbye my friend.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:27 pm

wtf

HateDaddy

Post by HateDaddy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:05 pm

As I stated in the ZD thread, I didn't know DS very well. I had just begun building a relationship with him in preparation for the d5m1 tournament I'm hosting in October. We had some really extensive talks about doom strategy and general gaming psychology things, and I knew I would really like this kid. He was very easy to get along with from what I could see. It's funny because he told me I trained him when he was newer to the game and I feel like such an ass because I really don't remember training him or even really speaking to him back in the day. But the fact that he remembered that does tell me the kind of character this kid had and truthfully, I've got nothing bad to say about him despite not knowing him very well.

On a side note, grieve however you need to guys. Grief is important in the face of tragedy and if you need anyone to talk to, please don't hold it in - express it here or with close friends. DS meant a lot to this community and touched several lives and I'm so dreadfully sorry to all of you guys this happened.

I'll share a quick funny story about him though:

I remember a few years ago we used to all frequent Jenovas BestEver server and it was typically divided into doom channels and league channels. Around this time, we had a fascination with kicking Caboose because it was hilarious - it still would be. He'd blow up. One night, I accidentally kicked DS and a few minutes later, he joined and just yelled "NERDS!!!" and went back to his channel. Of course we weren't mad at all, it was more hilarious than anything. When I asked DS about it in our passing conversations over the past few weeks, he didn't remember it likely because, in his own words, he was drunk out of his mind. I never took offense to that, if was just another example of how easy-going he was because I don't believe he meant to be malicious. Just seemingly a fun loving guy.

RIP DS, you were just hitting your stride man. Tear shit up in the doom afterlife. :\