Zandronum 3.0

News and events are posted here. Threads also show up in the Latest News section.
doomista
Forum Regular

Re: Zandronum 3.0

Post by doomista » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:15 am

Wow, great news! Is it already in ubuntu repositories? Btw I've installed a clean machine two days ago and found out that libfluidsynth-dev was missing from zandro2 dependency list when installing via apt-get.

grrfield

Post by grrfield » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 am

doomjoshuaboy wrote:
grrfield wrote:@doomjosh: you got it working now?
yep i have a working 3.0 keep me in touch with updates soon please
You got it from the link I sent you? Just asking, because I never tried to share a link on my cloud..

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:56 am

grrfield wrote:
doomjoshuaboy wrote:
grrfield wrote:@doomjosh: you got it working now?
yep i have a working 3.0 keep me in touch with updates soon please
You got it from the link I sent you? Just asking, because I never tried to share a link on my cloud..
yep i have mate thank you so much

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:58 pm

I am actually experiencing a lot of frame rate dipping between 0-5 FPS in single player while attempting to play what seems like almost every mod (Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition namely has the worst frame rate dip), now I tested all of these on GZDoom and ZDoom they worked just fine and without frame rate dipping keep in mind this is not a gaming PC and I probably shouldn't even be playing anything on it in the first place, should I submit a ticket?

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:14 pm

doomista wrote:Wow, great news! Is it already in ubuntu repositories? Btw I've installed a clean machine two days ago and found out that libfluidsynth-dev was missing from zandro2 dependency list when installing via apt-get.
Yes. Fluidsynth is not a dependency so it's not in the list. It's loaded at runtime if the user wishes to use it and if they have it installed.

Mr. Chris

Post by Mr. Chris » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Oh hey nice, I don't need a separate version for Zandronum for my RDND mod on ModDB now since the game fires up without bombing out because of "FAST" or "NODELAY" DECORATE errors.
Last edited by Mr. Chris on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiger
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Tiger » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Awesome stuff!
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

grrfield

Post by grrfield » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:30 pm

This is so good man.... (we are not worthy, we are not worthy,....)

but Torr, the spycam in survival mode is lagging like hell....

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:01 pm

grrfield wrote:This is so good man.... (we are not worthy, we are not worthy,....)

Go make a bug tracker ticket for it.

Mr. Chris

Post by Mr. Chris » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Why does cl_showweapnameoncycle not work as intended? I used it to keep the weapon name off the bottom of the screen.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:32 pm

Now that skulltag_actors has changed, we need a new skulltag_content, made by somebody who knows what they're doing, so not me.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:57 am

Empyre wrote:Now that skulltag_actors has changed, we need a new skulltag_content, made by somebody who knows what they're doing, so not me.
Did you try this? It's what was being used on TSPG for the 3.0 servers.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:41 am

Hypnotoad wrote:
Empyre wrote:Now that skulltag_actors has changed, we need a new skulltag_content, made by somebody who knows what they're doing, so not me.
That should work unless skulltag_actors has changed since that beta.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

grrfield

Post by grrfield » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 am

Catastrophe wrote:
grrfield wrote:This is so good man.... (we are not worthy, we are not worthy,....)

Go make a bug tracker ticket for it.
Maybe my statement was a bit blunt, sorry for that. I was just looking if other people are experiencing the same. I will create a bug tracker sometime, but more information could be useful to narrow down the problem (if there is a problem that is, maybe it is just me doing something wrong).

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:04 am

Cutman wrote:Question is, whats next? I think it's safe to say TSPG's constant updates with the forced beta builds has proven invaluable for getting 3.0 tested and out the door. Will this continue as newer beta releases come out?
I also think it was great that TSPG forcefully supplied us with testing that way, but I think we should only do this when we are getting close to a release.
Cutman wrote:And what's next for Zandronum? There was talk of some kind of merge with ZDoom a while back but I don't know if any plans were made.
I'm still very interested in merging with GZDoom (or at least getting proper C/S into GZDoom so that Zandronum could be a "light" fork), but so far I didn't look into this too much. The priority was to finish 3.0. Now that this is done, I plan to investigate this.
doomjoshuaboy wrote: this is kind of bad for the raspberrypi, also it doesnt work when i put the raspbian patch in it.
Is this on Raspbian Stretch? I only tested it on Raspbian Jessie and there it worked fine for me. If you are on stretch, I guess the newer compiler version you are using is more picky and we'll need to adjust the code.
WhiteAce wrote:I am actually experiencing a lot of frame rate dipping between 0-5 FPS in single player while attempting to play what seems like almost every mod (Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition namely has the worst frame rate dip), now I tested all of these on GZDoom and ZDoom they worked just fine and without frame rate dipping keep in mind this is not a gaming PC and I probably shouldn't even be playing anything on it in the first place, should I submit a ticket?
Zandronum 3.0 should be similar to GZDoom 1.8.6 performance wise. Can you compare with that GZDoom version?
grrfield wrote:but Torr, the spycam in survival mode is lagging like hell....
Can you elaborate? This works fine for me. Also, it won't hurt to try with a fresh INI.
Mr. Chris wrote:Why does cl_showweapnameoncycle not work as intended? I used it to keep the weapon name off the bottom of the screen.
Please try "displaynametags 0".
Empyre wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
That should work unless skulltag_actors has changed since that beta.
We didn't make changes to skulltag_actors.pk3 for quite some time.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:25 am

doomjoshuaboy wrote:this is kind of bad for the raspberrypi, also it doesnt work when i put the raspbian patch in it.
The raspi patch on the wiki was for 2.1.2, and to be honest I don't have enough interest in updating it for 3.0. If someone else is willing to update it, then the wiki's always open for contributions. In the meantime, I've added a warning to the top of the wiki page.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 am

Torr Samaho wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:I am actually experiencing a lot of frame rate dipping between 0-5 FPS in single player while attempting to play what seems like almost every mod (Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition namely has the worst frame rate dip), now I tested all of these on GZDoom and ZDoom they worked just fine and without frame rate dipping keep in mind this is not a gaming PC and I probably shouldn't even be playing anything on it in the first place, should I submit a ticket?
Zandronum 3.0 should be similar to GZDoom 1.8.6 performance wise. Can you compare with that GZDoom version?
I've attempted to locate 1.8.6 but cannot find it, does anyone happen to have that version for GZDoom they can upload?

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:19 am

Sean wrote:
doomjoshuaboy wrote:this is kind of bad for the raspberrypi, also it doesnt work when i put the raspbian patch in it.
The raspi patch on the wiki was for 2.1.2, and to be honest I don't have enough interest in updating it for 3.0. If someone else is willing to update it, then the wiki's always open for contributions. In the meantime, I've added a warning to the top of the wiki page.
it would be good if someone knows how.
Torr Samaho wrote: Is this on Raspbian Stretch? I only tested it on Raspbian Jessie and there it worked fine for me. If you are on stretch, I guess the newer compiler version you are using is more picky and we'll need to adjust the code.
yes at latest Stretch, also that would be great if you can adjust your codes a bit for Raspbian Stretch.
I was posting one earlier about that in help section but no one is answered. anyways someone compiled it for me to use for stretch.

Zalewa
Developer

Post by Zalewa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:08 pm

WhiteAce wrote:I've attempted to locate 1.8.6 but cannot find it, does anyone happen to have that version for GZDoom they can upload?
One GZDoom 1.8.6 coming right up: https://mega.nz/#!FFMC0AgA!m_6cONPnWSfH ... UwnBi2VpNY

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Yeah there's definitely no difference between the frame rate dip in GZDoom 1.8.6 and Zandronum 3.0, they run pretty much the same which means I might have to wait until I get a better computer or wait until a release that brings that brings the performance up to a later version of GZDoom.

On the bright side I noticed that RandomPlayerStarts works in Zandronum 3.0 which helps out quite a bit, I thought I'd have to do a script at the start of the map in order to address this.