Zandronum 3.0

News and events are posted here. Threads also show up in the Latest News section.
mondobizarrro
New User
Clan: SYC
Clan Tag: SYC

Re: Zandronum 3.0

Post by mondobizarrro » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:55 pm

neat

Ninjamander

Post by Ninjamander » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:43 am

good job! Is finally here!

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:32 am

Great job, 4.0 here we come

HeX9109
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by HeX9109 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:55 am

Great job Torr and team!

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:02 am

Mobius wrote:So when is the emergency hotfix 3.1 coming out cause we know that's inevitable with all big releases.
The team already has a good amount of tickets for 3.1 on the tracker (currently 26) and hopefully there aren't too many more to come in part to the betas being hosted on TPSG. I already have a few fixes for review and now that 3.1 is officially the next thing to tackle, there should be more to come. It should not be an emergency fix considering people had plenty of time to test their mods with 3.0.

BlushBerry

Clan: Nuclear Empire
Clan Tag: [NE]

Post by BlushBerry » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:27 am

I can't believe it's finally here, Round of applause for the Zandronum Developers, Bug Testers, The people who Submit tickets, and the community overall for supporting and keeping the dream alive and well! A milestone worthy of praise indeed! Keep up the good work to all who make this possible :D!

CrashOveride
New User

Post by CrashOveride » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am

OMG YES FINALLY

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 am

Torr,

this is kind of bad for the raspberrypi, also it doesnt work when i put the raspbian patch in it.
Spoiler: Error While compiling the latest for the raspberrry pi 3 (Open)

Code: Select all

/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp: In function ‘void P_SpawnSpecials()’:
/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp:1558:55: warning: left shift of negative value [-Wshi                                                                                                                                                ft-negative-value]
    new DScroller (DScroller::sc_floor, (-FRACUNIT/2)<<3,
                                                       ^
/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp:1588:5: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-1’ from ‘in                                                                                                                                                 ’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
     };
     ^
/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp:1588:5: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2’ from ‘in                                                                                                                                                 ’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp:1588:5: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-4’ from ‘in                                                                                                                                                 ’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp:1588:5: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-1’ from ‘in                                                                                                                                                 ’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp:1588:5: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-2’ from ‘in                                                                                                                                                 ’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp:1588:5: error: narrowing conversion of ‘-4’ from ‘in                                                                                                                                                 ’ to ‘char’ inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
/home/pi/zandronum-build/src/p_spec.cpp:1600:60: warning: left shift of negative value [-Wshi                                                                                                                                                ft-negative-value]
      (-FRACUNIT/2)<<((sector->special & 0xff) - Carry_East5),
                                                            ^
src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/build.make:3244: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/p_spec.                                                                                                                                                o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/p_spec.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1032: recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
Cheers

grrfield

Post by grrfield » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 am

Well, I got a working rasp3 version. A friend of mine compiled it for me (cause me being noob at that stuff). Check for yerself: servers running with name GRRFIELD (4 of them). Easily recogniseable because they have a belgian flag in front of them. (excuse me for dat shameless self promotion :))
Last edited by grrfield on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 am

My that's a huge list of Changes o_O Awesome work.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

Gogmagog
New User

Post by Gogmagog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:58 am

Hey, neat.

Discount Ninja

Post by Discount Ninja » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Wohoo!

Nice!

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Didn't think I'd ever see it come out. Been a long journey I'm sure!

No more bad 2.1.2 version. Maybe I'll hop back into the Doom scene again since inevitable interesting stuff will now arise.
https://youtu.be/qbgpcemxVPA?t=8s "Get the fuck up."
https://www.mediafire.com/?kb7sf1nizgwvqsr My custom music wad for Doom I & II - 166 MEG WARNING

<Dark-Slayer>CorpseGr1nder, get a job
<Konar6>blow*

(09:58:54)<BlueCool>think of all the stuff i couldve done in thoes 5 second
(09:59:05)<BlueCool>1. bake cookies
(09:59:16)<BlueCool>2. eat cookies

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:46 pm

Now we can finally port over Zdoom mods from 2009 into multiplayer!
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:00 pm

This is awesome. Thanks to the devs and staff in general.
I'm only active once in a blue moon these days but I honestly appreciate what you guys do. Thank you.

grrfield

Post by grrfield » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:28 pm

@doomjosh: you got it working now?

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Well crap, now I finally have a reason to continue working on the wad I left long ago I don't even have the Slade or GZDoomBuilder anymore, it turns out I must be a pretty impatient person, I was starting to get used to being lazy now I am just going to be having sleepless nights due to the amount of work I let pile on, in all seriousness it's finally out guys, it's been a while hopefully the forums will become more livelier now.

doomjoshuaboy
Developer

Post by doomjoshuaboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:07 am

grrfield wrote:@doomjosh: you got it working now?
yep i have a working 3.0 keep me in touch with updates soon please

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:37 am

Very happy about Zan3 being out, good work to all the devs!

Dusk
Developer

Post by Dusk » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:55 am

AlexMax wrote:
Torr Samaho wrote:Note that we changed the dmflags values to match the ZDoom values to resolve compatibility problems with the updated ZDoom base and future ZDoom updates. Recent launcher versions should already be aware of this change, but you will need to adjust config files to the new values
This change appears to have happened in this commit. I will decipher this into what exactly changed shortly...

EDIT: Here is an online converter I wrote for dmflags. I'm not certain it's flawless, but the best I could do on short notice. Put your old dmflags into the appropriate field, click Convert and you should be cooking with gas.
This doesn't take into account that Zandronum-specific dmflags were split out into zadmflags. For a proper conversion you need to take dmflags and dmflags2 and output dmflags, dmflags2 and zadmflags. and do the same for compatflags.