A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

Plan tournaments and matches, and initiate challenges here. Prove your inner internet tough guy.
Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Re: A Beginners Guide to Playing CTF [Video]

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:03 pm

He probably came to the conclusion it wasn't worth his time to invest in CTF tutorials. There's really no big point in making videos for beginners if there aren't any new beginners coming into the game.

Zakken
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:46 am

Ru5tK1ng wrote:He probably came to the conclusion it wasn't worth his time to invest in CTF tutorials. There's really no big point in making videos for beginners if there aren't any new beginners coming into the game.
You've got it backwards. Why should they give up on any and all investments because the scene is dwindling? If anything, it's precisely because of the low influx of new players that content creators and competitors should be more motivated than ever to play and make things happen. The scene won't magically revitalise itself if nobody is making conscious efforts to create a better environment for people to play in. If you're that upset about the status quo to the point of writing posts after posts about it, then you couldn't be doing a more counter-intuitive job at fixing it.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:47 am

Zakken wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:He probably came to the conclusion it wasn't worth his time to invest in CTF tutorials. There's really no big point in making videos for beginners if there aren't any new beginners coming into the game.
You've got it backwards. Why should they give up on any and all investments because the scene is dwindling? If anything, it's precisely because of the low influx of new players that content creators and competitors should be more motivated than ever to play and make things happen. The scene won't magically revitalise itself if nobody is making conscious efforts to create a better environment for people to play in. If you're that upset about the status quo to the point of writing posts after posts about it, then you couldn't be doing a more counter-intuitive job at fixing it.
I missed the part where you did things for the community though.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:48 am

hey soul ur like a few years late to revitalize though should have tried on watermelon's ctf elo 2/10 <-- brazil vs germany soccer score?
hows that for a good post

edit: for visual learners

zandronum pvp dying radar:

soul u should have tried when we were on that bottom green box. too late now i guess lol

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:55 am

Zakken wrote:
You've got it backwards. Why should they give up on any and all investments because the scene is dwindling?
What investments? It's only 1 video. That's why it's wise for him to cut his losses while he's ahead.

If anything, it's precisely because of the low influx of new players that content creators and competitors should be more motivated than ever to play and make things happen.
Low influx? How about calling it no influx. People are playing actually. I see the servers every now and then with players, but just because you play in a server doesn't mean people are going to rush in to play with you from outside the community.

The scene won't magically revitalise itself if nobody is making conscious efforts to create a better environment for people to play in.
It's not going to be revitalized sorry (not really) to burst your bubble.

If you're that upset about the status quo to the point of writing posts after posts about it, then you couldn't be doing a more counter-intuitive job at fixing it.
I'm flattered you kept tab on my posts but the funny thing is you didn't read my posts correctly. I'm not upset at all, I'm happy because everything is quiet, no drama, no bullshit in servers, it's peaceful.

Also it's not my job to do anything because I really don't give a shit. Before you point the finger at others and demand they do something, do it yourself first.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:56 am

Bob you are on the wrong spot on the radar, it' too late. Also good riddance, time to move on from competition anyways, and time to make beginner tutorials on how to not get one-shot in Complex AV (LCA/Replacer/iLCA/RM/ARK)

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:02 am

Zakken wrote:You've got it backwards. Why should they give up on any and all investments because the scene is dwindling?
Because the scene is dead. There's nothing to gain from it. That's why.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

ARGENTVM

Post by ARGENTVM » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:39 am

Mobius wrote:
Zakken wrote:You've got it backwards. Why should they give up on any and all investments because the scene is dwindling?
Because the scene is dead. There's nothing to gain from it. That's why.
That's right.

Pretty much diminishing returns from:
-Entropy of an old-ass game / people moving on with shit.
-People undergoing testosterone withdrawal during PvP and quitting Doom forever.
-Poorly managed tournaments.
-New players coming in only care about cooperative.
-More players leaving than new players entering.
-A stagnating scene with maps and standards that have been played to death and little-to-no new content to be offered or interest in updating standards.
-No recent engine update.

The only 'relevant' scene now is survival/cooperative.

Zakken

Post by Zakken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:17 am

Ivan wrote:I missed the part where you did things for the community though.
Because I didn't say anything about that, nor was I even remotely attempting to gloat about anything I did. This isn't about me, so don't derail the thread, please.
Combinebobnt wrote:soul u should have tried when we were on that bottom green box. too late now i guess lol
I get the message, but again, this isn't about me. If I cared enough about being proactive in the scene, I would be doing something. But just because I'm not that committed to this doesn't mean I'll sit idly and condone people shutting down ideas or projects that might lead to something nice.
Ru5tK1ng wrote:What investments? It's only 1 video. That's why it's wise for him to cut his losses while he's ahead.
I meant "investments" in a broad sense, but Ammar said he wanted to make more videos like this. Neither of us can tell how much effort he would want to put into them, or how much impact they would have.
Ru5tK1ng wrote:It's not going to be revitalized sorry (not really) to burst your bubble.
The only reason the scene is "dead" is because people like you managed to convince yourselves that it is a hopeless cause, almost as if you guys actually want it to die, and can't be arsed to think of a way to help it grow back. To top it off, your kind is spreading negativity and convincing others to remain indifferent instead of doing anything about it, which is unacceptable even from the perspective of someone who's inactive like me.
Ru5tK1ng wrote:I'm flattered you kept tab on my posts but the funny thing is you didn't read my posts correctly. I'm not upset at all, I'm happy because everything is quiet, no drama, no bullshit in servers, it's peaceful.
Not everyone shares your sentiment that a deserted scene is better. lol
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Also it's not my job to do anything because I really don't give a shit. Before you point the finger at others and demand they do something, do it yourself first.
If that's the case, then why are you so insistent in spreading the word that Doom is dead instead of just letting people do whatever they want? If you're unwilling to do something, then at the very least, don't be a bother to others who do want to do things. I'm more or less on the same boat as you, yet you don't see me being a perpetual downer about the scene's outlook.
ARGENTVM wrote:
Mobius wrote:Because the scene is dead. There's nothing to gain from it. That's why.
That's right.

Pretty much diminishing returns from:
-Entropy of an old-ass game / people moving on with shit.
-People undergoing testosterone withdrawal during PvP and quitting Doom forever.
-Poorly managed tournaments.
-New players coming in only care about cooperative.
-More players leaving than new players entering.
-A stagnating scene with maps and standards that have been played to death and little-to-no new content to be offered or interest in updating standards.
-No recent engine update.

The only 'relevant' scene now is survival/cooperative.
You've done a good job at diagnosing the core issues of the scene at the moment, and in all honesty, most of these problems can be resolved!

Whether the scene will die a peaceful death or it will miraculously spring back into activity in the future, I can't say I care that much about the end result. The only, only thing I ask for is that the indifferent people cease their toxic "Doom is dead, don't waste your time here" preaching towards members of the community who aren't as apathetic.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:01 am

nice post lots of effort now put that much into getting players on board

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:01 am

Zakken wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:It's not going to be revitalized sorry (not really) to burst your bubble.
The only reason the scene is "dead" is because people like you managed to convince yourselves that it is a hopeless cause, almost as if you guys actually want it to die, and can't be arsed to think of a way to help it grow back. To top it off, your kind is spreading negativity and convincing others to remain indifferent instead of doing anything about it, which is unacceptable even from the perspective of someone who's inactive like me.
No numbnuts, the reason it's dead is because there aren't anymore tournaments or leagues and priv is just a bad meme at this point. PubCTF is in the grave and DM has seen much better days. The state of the compet scene is bad and me telling others how bad it is and to not invest time into it isn't spreading negativity. It's called me telling others what the truth is whether it's positive or not. The scene is not dead because 'bad people' say it is, it's dead because no one is playing, Sherlock.
Zakken wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Also it's not my job to do anything because I really don't give a shit. Before you point the finger at others and demand they do something, do it yourself first.
If that's the case, then why are you so insistent in spreading the word that Doom is dead instead of just letting people do whatever they want? If you're unwilling to do something, then at the very least, don't be a bother to others who do want to do things. I'm more or less on the same boat as you, yet you don't see me being a perpetual downer about the scene's outlook.
Time is one of the most valuable things that you cannot get back. I'm spreading the word/truth so people don't waste their time for a fruitless cause. Remember when Jenova and friends were going to run a CTF league? I was literally the only one to tell them not to do it until they deemed it worth their time. Guess what route they took???

Also, if I'm a such a bother to others, they can tell me themselves or ignore me. They don't need you to fight their battles for them, Mr. Knight of the Round table.

Whether the scene will die a peaceful death or it will miraculously spring back into activity in the future, I can't say I care that much about the end result. The only, only thing I ask for is that the indifferent people cease their toxic "Doom is dead, don't waste your time here" preaching towards members of the community who aren't as apathetic.
Basically you don't really care what happens.... :lol:
You just basically admitted it has less to do with the compet scene and more to do with you wanting people to stop posting their 'toxic' messages because you don't like said messages. :lol:

Well go off yourself, you don't control what people post. :biggrin:

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:43 am

Zakken wrote:lol poop joke here :igor:
yes soul the pvp scene of hundreds of people died because a few proactive individuals weren't proactive. it is all their fault for not helping the scene stay alive while they helped the scene stay alive. glad you were able to finally figure this out for us. thank you and god bless
Ivan wrote:goddamn I just love complex doom who needs pvp
hey Ivan don't talk to soul like that if u dont know. he ran the MINI penis league so back OFF. imagine what the mega penis league could have been...
Marcaek wrote:nice post lots of effort now put that much into getting players on board
shit maybe we should have ran fnf every day of the week. look how well it worked for zdaemon... its ok marc we did good :doom: (get to 400!)

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:26 am

Is this another "soul needs to fight A3 over something" again? What's with this guy and his need to argue a point and then be wrong at it eventually or during. I remember when you said you wouldn't quit IDL but then you did the same season but you had an entire flock of people fighting you about it.
Zakken wrote:
Ivan wrote:I missed the part where you did things for the community though.
Because I didn't say anything about that, nor was I even remotely attempting to gloat about anything I did. This isn't about me, so don't derail the thread, please.
This topic isn't about you and restoring the scene so this topic was derailed by you when Razor started this thread necromancy.
Zakken wrote:I get the message, but again, this isn't about me. If I cared enough about being proactive in the scene, I would be doing something. But just because I'm not that committed to this doesn't mean I'll sit idly and condone people shutting down ideas or projects that might lead to something nice.
Such as?
Zakken wrote:I meant "investments" in a broad sense, but Ammar said he wanted to make more videos like this. Neither of us can tell how much effort he would want to put into them, or how much impact they would have.
If Ammar gave a fuck about his intent or effort he'd make more videos. He didn't. This was discussed and dealt with months ago.
Soulsucka wrote: The only reason the scene is "dead" is because people like you managed to convince yourselves that it is a hopeless cause
That's because it is a hopeless cause. Where the fuck are you and where were you when this scene die? Stop it. This Zakken's too stupid to save the world shtick you've had for like 7 years needs to end. Grow up for once.
Zakken wrote:almost as if you guys actually want it to die, and can't be arsed to think of a way to help it grow back.
That's TWO entirely contradictory sentiments in one point you simpleton. If he wanted it to die why would he want to HELP grow it back? Do you even think before you post goddamn.
Zakken wrote:To top it off, your kind is spreading negativity and convincing others to remain indifferent instead of doing anything about it, which is unacceptable even from the perspective of someone who's inactive like me.
Nigga you're inactive so who honestly gives a flying fuck what you find acceptable like what is wrong with you? if you were on a discord with Bluewizard right now and told him "I am trolling A3 look!" and told me this I'd believe you because at this point you are arguing nonsense.

Also spreading negativity? This isn't a fuckin` safe space you shit eating -- you know what. I'm done with that. Anna doesn't even deserve to be brought up in the same reputation as you. You are irredeemable trash that needs a pardon for every post you make when you attempt to hijack someone else's topic to get attention. Go play in tumblr or whatever place you crawled out of with that shit "you are spreading negativity" I'd make a odamex joke but I don't have it in me anymore to continue this tired, repetitive, retard-laden ON AND ON meme warfare. Get a life.

Zakken wrote: If that's the case, then why are you so insistent in spreading the word that Doom is dead instead of just letting people do whatever they want? If you're unwilling to do something, then at the very least, don't be a bother to others who do want to do things. I'm more or less on the same boat as you, yet you don't see me being a perpetual downer about the scene's outlook.
No but I see you in this thread like a presumptuous little fuck insisting on Rustking about what he should do to your benefit despite you having NO SKIN in the game because you are inactive in a thread about Ammar that LONG DIED.
Zakken wrote: You've done a good job at diagnosing the core issues of the scene at the moment, and in all honesty, most of these problems can be resolved!
Then go solve them and get fucked.
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Zakken

Post by Zakken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:59 am

Ru5tK1ng wrote:The state of the compet scene is bad and me telling others how bad it is and to not invest time into it isn't spreading negativity.
We all know that the scene is bad, but why discourage people that genuinely want to help by telling them to forget it? It's like telling people to ignore a fire that has been started only because it's already caused significant damage.
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Time is one of the most valuable things that you cannot get back. I'm spreading the word/truth so people don't waste their time for a fruitless cause.
I can sympathise with feeling that others shouldn't "waste" their time on something you once worked on and didn't work out, but it isn't fair to eagerly dismiss their efforts, especially seeing as how some of the ideas I've read here were actually quite good. :sad:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Also, if I'm a such a bother to others, they can tell me themselves or ignore me. They don't need you to fight their battles for them, Mr. Knight of the Round table.
The clueless new player wouldn't know better though. Well, not like there will be any eventually, if you guys keep up this negative nancy act for long.
Ru5tK1ng wrote:You just basically admitted it has less to do with the compet scene and more to do with you wanting people to stop posting their 'toxic' messages because you don't like said messages. :lol:
Just because I'm arguing on my own and you and your friends gang up to argue with me literally every time I show my face here still doesn't mean this is my problem alone. Those messages are definitely unpleasant to read (and why wouldn't they be?), but would it kill to at least allow (or perhaps even encourage? *gasp*) people to do things they want to do?

All I'm doing is saying "ok, maybe y'all need to stop telling people that Doom is dead even if it LOOKS dead to you because maybe they would be more motivated to participate in the scene that way", but you idiots would rather waste your time calling me a hypocrite, a horrible person, among other kinds of bad while proudly restating your rights to perpetuate your own toxic behaviour (because apparently having the most basic degree of respect and politeness is just being out-of-touch with the reality of this forum) INSTEAD of confronting my ideas alone or coming up with better thoughts. The lot of you are always reducing my arguments down to "Soul being a contrarian dumbass again", which inevitably leads to a thread lock by an admin who's vehemently repulsed by drama and nothing ever actually gets addressed -- seen this happen quite a few times and it's unironically sad. And yet some of you are confused as to why people are hesitant to even share their thoughts and discuss in threads like these.
Combinebobnt wrote:yes soul the pvp scene of hundreds of people died because a few proactive individuals weren't proactive. it is all their fault for not helping the scene stay alive while they helped the scene stay alive. glad you were able to finally figure this out for us. thank you and god bless
Missed the point a little. It's not that proactive individuals don't feel like being proactive, but rather, they are being told by "wiser" people that they shouldn't be. That's what I have a problem with in the first place.
Mobius wrote:Is this another "soul needs to fight A3 over something" again?
A quick timestamp check reveals that the thread was relatively inactive until I reared my ugly head, after which you and your goons provided me with the typical knee-jerk passive-aggressive replies. But that's fine, I just hope whoever else reads this thread understands that this is really the opposite of what you just said here. :rolleyes:
Mobius wrote:What's with this guy and his need to argue a point and then be wrong at it eventually or during.
What's with this guy and his need to say what he thinks?! And things I disagree with? UGH!!
Mobius wrote:This topic isn't about you and restoring the scene so this topic was derailed by you when Razor started this thread necromancy.
My first reply to Rust was actually reasonably on-topic. Not that you'd know though, since you're only here to beef with me and tell me about IDL, Anna, etc. for the millionth time. This play's gotten stale years ago.
Mobius wrote:Such as?
Good ideas and projects can go a long way towards growth and maintenance in the community.
Mobius wrote:That's TWO entirely contradictory sentiments in one point you simpleton. If he wanted it to die why would he want to HELP grow it back? Do you even think before you post goddamn.
Nitpicking much? The intent of my statement is still evident: you guys care enough to talk about how Doom is dead so many times over, yet can't put any of that effort towards something constructive for once. Does killing Doom off for good matter that much to you?
Mobius wrote:Nigga you're inactive so who honestly gives a flying fuck what you find acceptable like what is wrong with you?
Stop acting like you own these forums, gracias.
Mobius wrote:Also spreading negativity? This isn't a fuckin` safe space
Oops, sorry for ever asking you not to behave like an infuriated drunkard who lost all his money through gambling for once. Carry on.
Mobius wrote:No but I see you in this thread like a presumptuous little fuck insisting on Rustking about what he should do to your benefit despite you having NO SKIN in the game because you are inactive in a thread about Ammar that LONG DIED.
I merely told him to cool off with the "Doom is dead, stop bothering" remarks for the betterment of everyone, but thanks for twisting my actions and intentions like that anyway.

ZzZzZz

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Zakken wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:The state of the compet scene is bad and me telling others how bad it is and to not invest time into it isn't spreading negativity.
We all know that the scene is bad, but why discourage people that genuinely want to help by telling them to forget it?
So they can make their decisions based on hearing both the good and the bad. It'd be stupid to make a decision on anything without knowing both the pros and cons.
Zakken wrote:It's like telling people to ignore a fire that has been started only because it's already caused significant damage.
Right...because people not playing a 20+ year old game is just as damaging as a fire. Please shut up already.
Zakken wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Time is one of the most valuable things that you cannot get back. I'm spreading the word/truth so people don't waste their time for a fruitless cause.
I can sympathise with feeling that others shouldn't "waste" their time on something you once worked on and didn't work out, but it isn't fair to eagerly dismiss their efforts, especially seeing as how some of the ideas I've read here were actually quite good. :sad:
As I've stated already both sides need to be heard before people embark on their adventure. That's what Jenova and co. did in my above example.
Zakken wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Also, if I'm a such a bother to others, they can tell me themselves or ignore me. They don't need you to fight their battles for them, Mr. Knight of the Round table.
The clueless new player wouldn't know better though. Well, not like there will be any eventually, if you guys keep up this negative nancy act for long.
I don't know where you keep seeing new players coming into competitive. Any new players coming into Zandronum are going straight into the mod/coop scene. If any so called new compet player gets chased off by forum posts, they aren't fit for competition anyway.
Ru5tK1ng wrote:You just basically admitted it has less to do with the compet scene and more to do with you wanting people to stop posting their 'toxic' messages because you don't like said messages. :lol:
Just because I'm arguing on my own and you and your friends gang up to argue with me literally every time I show my face here still doesn't mean this is my problem alone. Those messages are definitely unpleasant to read (and why wouldn't they be?), but would it kill to at least allow (or perhaps even encourage? *gasp*) people to do things they want to do?
Ok you're being really fucking retarded now and it's becoming annoying. I'm not disallowing anything, how the hell can I? If someone is easily swayed by reading comments I leave in passing by, that is on them; their resolve wasn't strong at all to begin with. You may not like hearing unpleasant statements but I don't give a shit. I'm not going to just let someone think everything is all fine and dandy when things aren't. That's basically setting someone up for failure.

Zakken wrote:All I'm doing is saying "ok, maybe y'all need to stop telling people that Doom is dead even if it LOOKS dead to you because maybe they would be more motivated to participate in the scene that way",
I do what I want, get over it.
Zakken wrote:but you idiots would rather waste your time calling me a hypocrite, a horrible person, among other kinds of bad while proudly restating your rights to perpetuate your own toxic behaviour (because apparently having the most basic degree of respect and politeness is just being out-of-touch with the reality of this forum)
You deserve everything that happens to you.
INSTEAD of confronting my ideas alone or coming up with better thoughts.
What ideas? All you been saying is stop posting bad stuff. What make believe shit are you talking about now?
Zakken wrote:The lot of you are always reducing my arguments down to "Soul being a contrarian dumbass again", which inevitably leads to a thread lock by an admin who's vehemently repulsed by drama and nothing ever actually gets addressed -- seen this happen quite a few times and it's unironically sad. And yet some of you are confused as to why people are hesitant to even share their thoughts and discuss in threads like these.
It's been proven time and time again that's all you do. Just to argue in circles because you don't understand reasoning. Nothing ever got addressed because the premise of your all posts was to stop posting 'toxic negativity' :lol:

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Zakken wrote: I don't got a legitimate point
We know already. The problem with you is that you don't get enough attention from girls outside of the internet so when you're feeling depressed and sad you take up some sort of righteous stance despite what others tell you. Then you say some stupid shit and get called on it and instead of realizing "oh shit I'm retarded as fuck" you continue to fight.

You are the worst type of scum here. Who comes in trying to tell other people what to do and parade some sort of "do something" moral activist while being inactive? You have no steaks in the game so why do you care? Why do you give a fuck about Ammar's CTF video when he didn't and quit making them? Why do you give a shit if Rust or anyone else say this thing is dead?

Soul. You were NEVER the person we remember to be the ones who revive or even bring activity to the clan scene. That shit is reserved for a few entities and A3 is legitimately one of them. When you guys weren't scrimming anymore who else was scrimming like 3 to 4 clans that refused to play among each other? Not you. Never you. So why the fuck should SOMEONE ELSE do your dirty work?

You want to revive it then do it on your own time.

Edit: Let me prove to all the viewers who is reading this what kind of person Zakken is. I WON'T be using quote tags because maybe the point is lost somehow to someone like Zakken

- Soulsucka says -
"I get the message, but again, this isn't about me. If I cared enough about being proactive in the scene, I would be doing something. But just because I'm not that committed to this doesn't mean I'll sit idly and condone people shutting down ideas or projects that might lead to something nice."

- Mobius -
"Such as?"

- Soulsucka -
"Good ideas and projects can go a long way towards growth and maintenance in the community."

This was within our exchanges just now. Let that sink in.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Mobius wrote: Soulsucka gettin shut down
Yep that's him. I wish Soul was a more contributing member to this community than hosting failure tournaments :(
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Mobius wrote:Let me prove to all the viewers who is reading this what kind of person Zakken is. I WON'T be using quote tags because maybe the point is lost somehow to someone like Zakken
I guess you can say the point is...

oh shit

Anyways after a few more hours I'll probably end up locking this, not only because it's a dumb necro, but because I'm giving a fair chance for someone(don't hold your breath) to come to Soul's rescue. I think this is a good chance for all those who side with Soul to be vocal, and given it's been several hours at night, and during the day (US time) and yet nobody has come in pretty much shows even the others who are also suppose to be apart of the competitive community, also don't give enough of a shit about the situation to be vocal about it.

You really can't expect people who have been playing the game for 10+ years to maintain interest in playing for new people, that's the job of those who haven't been playing as long. There's a reason why during the years, games like Starcraft 2, CS:GO, League of Legends, and Rocket League have for the most part taken talent away from Doom, and it's because it gets boring. The last failed season of GFA was pretty much the last chance at having a good league on Zan, but it was ruined by Dragons inability to maintain the league properly. People like myself who've been playing for too long don't have interest in putting time and dedication into a league that will fail, so when one does you can guarantee that whatever interest was had has been thrown out the window. Maybe next season can work, but it wont have the concentration of talent that the failed season had - and that was the appeal of it to begin with. Now it's the job of anyone who's still interested in making it work, like Razor, Galactus or anyone else who's still new as well as the old.

Don't be upset when people you see as wise in the community are saying these evil toxic negativity things because they're calling it as they see it.

Activity = not dead
Inactivity = dead

Zakken

Post by Zakken » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:I don't know where you keep seeing new players coming into competitive. Any new players coming into Zandronum are going straight into the mod/coop scene. If any so called new compet player gets chased off by forum posts, they aren't fit for competition anyway.
That's because those communities are far more welcoming than we ever were. This isn't the military; this is a shared hobby between the lot of us. Why sour the experience for anyone just because they don't have tough skin?

Anyhow, I won't be saying much else on this subject, but I get the idea of this whole debacle now. In the end, I'd decided to take the wrong approach towards my perceived issues with the community, so sorry about that. If there is a next time, I'll be sure to handle things differently, and hopefully not end up in yet another gratuitous name-calling shitfest brought by the same assortment of people...

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Zakken wrote: Anyhow, I won't be saying much else on this subject, but I get the idea of this whole debacle now. In the end, I'd decided to take the wrong approach towards my perceived issues with the community, so sorry about that. If there is a next time, I'll be sure to handle things differently, and hopefully not end up in yet another gratuitous name-calling shitfest brought by the same assortment of people...
- Soulsucka says -
"I get the message, but again, this isn't about me. If I cared enough about being proactive in the scene, I would be doing something. But just because I'm not that committed to this doesn't mean I'll sit idly and condone people shutting down ideas or projects that might lead to something nice."

- Mobius -
"Such as?"

- Soulsucka -
"Good ideas and projects can go a long way towards growth and maintenance in the community."