[FINAL] Project 115 - Despair (Apocalypse Update Now Available)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Fabysk
Forum Regular

[FINAL] Project 115 - Despair (Apocalypse Update Now Available)

Post by Fabysk » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:58 am

Image The End Is Near 5 years since the Cannibalism Strike took action, the war between The Resistance and Walking Flesh Organization faded away. Only leaving the world broken, no one knows who won the war. Jason Milito, a survivor, tags along Danny Kain to stop The Source, a mysterious entity. As the journey continues, Jason does not know what he's getting himself into.

Game Modes
  • Campaign
Play as Jason Milito, who tells the story of his adventure encountering The Source. Customizable loadout with different combinations. What will you discover?
  • Survival
Occuring during the events of the campaign, a new cast of survivors stranded to seek salvation against the undead horde. The mysterious forces of the Mystery Box, Wall Weapons, PowerGums, and Perks return.
  • Arcade Mode
Get a good kick back as you play challenging minigames to reach a high score.

Full Release Is Now Available To Download!

Note: This mod requires a decent computer to play. You will experience framerate drops. You have been warned.

Click Here To Download!

This mod has been optimized for Zandronum 3.0!

phpBB [media]

Spoiler: Screenshots (Apocalypse Update) (Taken withing GZDoom) (Open)
Spoiler: Changelog (Open)
Version 5.0
[General]
- Buffed the Colt M1911.
- Buffed the Glock 20.
- Buffed the Raging Bull.
- Texture Changes.
- Changed PowerGum over-world design.
- A few texture changes.

[Campaign]
<Major>
- (GZDoom) Fixed cutscenes where some actions do not happen.
<Minor>
- Re-done customization.

[Survival]
<Major>
- Remasterd West Washington Exo-Suit Factory as Der Riese (Project 115 - A New Threat).
- Remasterd Nuketown Zombies (Project 115).
- Added a new survival map The Darkest Hope.
- Updated Quadratic Drops PowerGum as Multi-Flavor Drops(Spawn All Five PowerUps [1x Use]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Certified Electrician 3x Uses [Spawn A Static Carpenter PowerUp]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Quantum Discharge 6x Uses [Kill nearby enemies when taken damage]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Radius Medic Lasts 3 Round [Regenerate other players health faster simply by standing next to them]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Free Loan 1x Use [All players gain 2000 points at the end of the round]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Locksmith 2x Uses [Open a door for free]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Quantum Discharge 6x Uses [Kill nearby enemies when taken damage]).
- Changed the PowerGum System.

<Minor>
- Decreased Death Machine PowerUp time to 30 seconds.
- Added a new PowerUp (Static Carpenter).
- Fixed a bug where certain zombies on the lower rounds won't give the player points.
- Fixed round sequence sounds.
- Fixed a door price in the starting room on Power Mill.
- Changed game over camera angles.
- Changed Project 115 (First Installment) zombie sounds.
- Added the MX-GL Grenade Launcher.
- Added the RPG Rocket Launcher.
- Added the B23R Pistol.
- Added the Ray Gun.
- Balanced the damaged for the Raygun Mark II, X4-Jasper, and all Elemental Staffs

[Arcade Mode]
<Major>
- Fixed a bug where zombies do not spawn in Zombie Run.
- Added No Man's Land

<Minor>
- Changed camera view on Trial Shuffle
- Removed lives in Apocalypse Island

Version 4.0 (EndGame Update)
[General]

[Campaign]
<Major>
<Minor>

[Survival]
<Major>
- Added EndGame.
- Added the Death Machine Minigun (PowerUp Weapon With A 1 Minute Duration)
- Added a new PowerGum (Divine Spirit 1x Use [Take 0 Damage From All Enemies]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Amelioration Negotiation 1x Use [Next Weapon Upgraded Via Pack-A-Punch Is Free]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Round Skippin 1x Use [Skip The Upcoming Round]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Mirror Trap 2x Uses [Damage Done To You Is Inflicted Upon The Attacker]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Fatal Contraption 1x Use [Spawn A Death Machine PowerUp]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Secret Shopper Lasts Until The End Of The Round [Any Gun Wall Buy Can Be Used To Refill]
- Changed the rewards recieved in the Prize Corner on Dreamventures.
- Replaced the Iconic Duo PowerGum with Quadratic Drops (Spawn All Four PowerUps [1x Use]).
- Fixed an error where certain PowerGums are not taken from the player and are not dispensed at the PowerGum Machines.
- Fixed an error where player 2, 3, 4 are invincible after being downed with Quick Revive.
- Fixed a bug where, on rare occasions, players whould hit a death barrier after leaving the Pack-A-Punch room on The Iron Shield.
- Fixed a bug where, in multiplayer, player perk slots do not reset after respawning or quick revive takes place.
- Fixed a bug where, in multiplayer, players 2, 3, and 4 can get a third weapon.
- Fixed a bug where, in multiplayer, players 2, 3, and 4 still have Juggernog after respawning.
- Fixed a bug where, in multiplayer, players 2, 3, and 4 do not get 1500 points after respawning.
- Fixed a bug where, in multiplayer, the Strength Drainage PowerGum does not work while players 2, 3, or 4 are holding it.
- Fixed a bug where the Red Division Juggernaut can get stuck in a spawn point.
- Fixed a bug where zombies can walk into a different path that is not meant for them.
- Fixed an exploit where the player can jump ontop of a book case on The Iron Shield.
- Players can no longer respawn mid-round.

<Minor>
- Increased zombie health.
- Fixed PowerGum description not displaying when picking them up quickly.
- Increased PowerGum description time.
- Removed scoreboards
- Changed player points position.

[Arcade Mode]
<Major>
<Minor>

Version 3.0 (Severance Update)
[General]
- Fixed Pack-A-Punched SKS crosshairs appearing while ADS.
- Red Division Juggernaut plays a global sound when killed.
- Death Barriers have been fixed.
- Menu cursor no longer twitches.
- Changed all main menu backgrounds.

[Campaign]
<Major>
- Added Chapter 3 (Agartha).
- Fixed an a bug where the player can not climb the second ladder in Chapter 1 Mission 1.
- Fixed an a bug where the player can not climb the pillar in Chapter 1 Mission 2.
- Fixed an a bug where the player will always fall after the bridge breaking in Chapter 1 Mission 2.

<Minor>

[Survival]
<Major>
- You can now only carry 2 weapons maximum.
- Added Power Mill (Skulltag Deathmatch Map into Survival Mode as a Bonus Map).
- Added Ground Zero
- Added a new PowerGum (Iconic Duo 1x Use [Spawn a Max Ammo and Nuke PowerUp]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Extra Credit 5x Uses [Spawn a Bonus Points PowerUp]).
- Evan Durham can now be played as during Easter Eggs.

<Minor>
- Blackberry Shock Top now has different plasma sounds.
- New Blackberry Shock Top machine textures.
- Fixed Gambling Free's PowerGum description.
- Added the Olympia Shotgun
- Added the OS-40 SMG.
- Added The X4-Jasper Wonder Weapon.
- Added the Raygun Mark II Wonder Weapon.
- Added Radiation Grenades.
- The Navajo Cycler Rifle is now available in every map (Except Natch Der Untoten).
- The Navajo Cycler Rifle bolt explosion delay is reduced.
- On The Iron Shield, the Navajo Cycler Rifle can now either crafted or be found in the Mystery Box.
- Removed certain geometry on Dreamventures to reduce frame rate drops.

[Arcade Mode]
<Major>
- Added Trial Shuffle.
<Minor>

Version 2.0 (Ascension Update)
[General]
- Changed a few PowerGum designs that included figures.
- Changed the Level 2 and Level 4 PowerGum design.

[Campaign]
<Major>
- Added Chapter 2 (Between Worlds).
- Fixed an issue where the player has unlimited Deployable Shields.
- Fixed a bug where the player will have the MORS Sniper Rifle after finishing Chapter 1 (Beginning of an End).
- Fixed an issue where the player can continue on without Danny in Chapter 1, Mission 2.
- Fixed an issue where the player can block Danny's jump in Chapter 1, Mission 2.

<Minor>
- Fixed Deployable Shield ammo not depleting after placing one.

[Survival]
<Major>
- Added The Iron Shield
- Added a new PowerGum (Gambling Free 1x Use [Spin the Mystery Box for free]).
- Added a new PowerGum (Strength Drainage 1x Use [Zombies health is reset to Round 1 health]).
- Fixed the mysterious PowerGum mechanic.
- Fixed an exploit where the player can aquire a PowerGum from the Campaign and use it in Survival.

<Minor>
- Added PowerGum descriptions when picking one up after despensing.
- Replaced finding Mystic Orbs with Extra Points.
- New PowerGum Machine design.
- Zombies now toss gibs after being shot

[Arcade Mode]
<Major>
- Added Zombie Run.
- Fixed an issue on Apocalypse Island where zombies health is raised higher than it should when entering a new island.
<Minor>
- Changed zombies spawn health on Apocalypse Island.

(Full Release) Version 1.0
[General]

[Campaign]
<Major>
- Added Mission 4 to Chapter 1 (The Gateway)
- Fixed an issue where the player has unlimited PowerGums
<Minor>

[Survival]
<Major>
<Minor>

[Arcade Mode]
<Major>
<Minor>

Version 1.1
[General]
- Added minor details in every map.
- Darkened the background in the main menu.
- Fixed select sound when selecting the credits option in the main menu.
- Campaign is now disabled during multiplayer.
- Players 2, 3, and 4 are now in a waiting room as the host chooses a game mode.
- Added footstep sounds for all characters.

[Campaign]
<Major>
- Danny and the player now move faster after killing the Red Division Sniper in Chapter 1 Mission 3.
- The player now moves faster when playing as Danny when facing the Red Division Sniper in Chapter 1 Mission 3.
- Fixed an issue of positioning when the player first encounters Danny without hurting him in Chapter 1 Mission 2 (Cause awkward conversation).
- Fixed an issue in Chapter 1 Mission 3 where the player can get stuck in 5 different sectors in the underground portion.
- Fixed an issued at the ending of Chapter 1 Mission 3 where Danny would remain idle between the elevator and door.
- Added an additional 3D floor in Chapter 1 Mission 1 which prevented players from advancing in the Suicidal Skill Level.
- Raised sewer floor height in Chapter 1 Mission 3 which prevented players from advancing in the Suicidal Skill Level.
<Minor>
- In Chapter 1 Mission 3, the player can not exit the building when facing the Red Division Sniper.
- Fixed typo in Chapter 1 Mission 3 when Danny is killed after killing the Red Division Sniper.
- Fixed Danny's facing directions before starting Chapter 1 Mission 3.
- Changed dialogue trigger when arriving to the tram in Chapter 1 Mission 3.
- Danny now has his talking animation in Chapter 1 Mission 3.
- Added a few zombies near the beginning of Chapter 1 Mission 2.
- Added "Press <Primary Fire Key> To Skip" in campaign cutscenes.

[Survival]
<Major>
- Fixed an issue where invisible blocks appeared near the Prize Corner on Dreamventures.
- Fixed an exploit where the player can aquire another PowerGum while Concealed Fighter is in their inventory.
- Fixed an exploit when aquiring Reinstitute from the Prize Corner while having another PowerGum in your inventory and despensing another PowerGum.
- Fixed an exploit where the player can aquire another PowerGum while Vampirism is in their inventory.
- Fixed an issue where zombies would move to another part of Dreamventures when the player is in the Quick Revive state or has Out Of Sight active.
<Minor>
- Fixed missing textures when riding Splash Mountain on Dreamventures.
- Replaced the impassable line inside Mummy Chase with a walkable middle texture on Dreamventures.
- Increased the chances of getting Mystic Orbs.
- Easter Egg parts now spawn in random fixed points on Dreamventures.
- Moved an Inferno Seeker spawn point on Dreamventures.
- Decreased background music volume on Dreamventures.
- Added the Assault Shield buildable.
- Change spare part pickup sound.
- Changed buildable constructed sound.
- Replaced the 3 rounded rectangular stands with a fountain to recreased framerate drops.

[Arcade Mode]
<Major>
- Added a new world, Nether Realm for Apocalypse Island.
- Added final boss for Apocalypse Island.
- Points now scatter across all worlds in Apocalypse Island.
- Fixed an exploit in the Lava Realm where the player can jump into boundaries out of reach from zombies in Apocalypse Island.
- Fixed an exploit in the Hell Realm where the player can jump into boundaries out of reach from zombies in Apocalypse Island.
- Added a lives system for Apocalypse Island.
- Fixed multiplayer camera respawn for Apocalypse Island.
- Fixed an issue when upgrading to the shotgun as it will take away 80 Mystic Orbs instead of 5 in Apocalypse Island.
- Added the Nuke Powerup for Apocalypse Island. Kill every zombie on the map (Costs 10 Mystic Orbs).
- Players now respawn on the current world in Apocalypse Island.
<Minor>
- Zombies now drop Mystic Orbs more frequently in Apocalypse Island.
- Decreased background music volume in Apocalypse Island.

Version 1.0
- Initial Release

As the final update and the end of Project 115 is here, it was really fun to make. Development starting on April of 2016 and all the way to June 22 of 2018. 2 years and 2 months to finally complete what is my best work here for Doom. Funny thing is, Despair was not supposed to exist. It pretty much started when I began to take elements from A New Threat and the first Project 115 and put them together and what do you know, Despair was born. I didn't expect for Despair to last long with me in development, but I wanted to make it great. I do not plan to make update this further other than support for the coming Zandronum and GZDoom updates. Will I make other projects for Doom? I perhaps will, but more of just personal mods. If you have been playing Project 115, any of the three installments or barely started playing, I want to say thank you so much for playing. Even if this mod doesn't shine bright as other mods out there, it still brings me happiness that this mod was able to some interest to be played. Now, the link to download the Apocalypse Update is above. Check the top of this post for the link.

- Fabysk
Last edited by Fabysk on Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:54 am, edited 22 times in total.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

[FINAL] Re: Project 115 - Despair (Work In Progress) (University of California, Irvine Recognition)

Post by Doomenator » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:47 am

Fabysk wrote:Project 115 - Despair will be available to the public June 22, 2018.
Are you serious or what?

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

[FINAL] Re: Project 115 - Despair (Work In Progress) (University of California, Irvine Recognition)

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Well, if people have to wait that long, maybe you scrap together a demo in the near future, just something for people to try while they wait for the full release, it would probably entice people to look out for this mod.

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Doomenator wrote:
Are you serious or what?[/quote]
I can confirm that this release date is not final. As much as what I want to do for this mod, it will require a lot of dedication far more than what the previous installments had. So far away yes, but the more I get done, the closre the release date gets.

WhiteAce wrote:
Well, if people have to wait that long, maybe you scrap together a demo in the near future, just something for people to try while they wait for the full release, it would probably entice people to look out for this mod.
I will be putting together a demo for the public soon. Demo-wise, Campaign is nearly complete, Survival is done, Hunted is halfway finished, and Arcade Mode is done.

You should see a demo by February 11 of this year.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Wow making a mod like that gets you in college? I hope I can get recognized too rofl.

[spoiler]Before you say it bob, your mods suck so you have less chances than I do.[/spoiler]
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Nice probably the Zandro communities first real success.
Ivan wrote:Wow making a mod like that gets you in college? I hope I can get recognized too rofl.

[spoiler]Before you say it bob, your mods suck so you have less chances than I do.[/spoiler]
Not in Turkey with Crash n Corruptions :D

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:23 am

Demo Update #1

Campaign
Still working on the campign's dialogue. All character lines are finished for missions 1 and 2, but just need to time them right when something happens.

Survival
Still working properly. Still planning to reduce the amount of 3D Floors used since framerate drops when looking at a certain direction.

Hunted
Have no touched it yet. Very buggy and will most likely not appear in the demo.

Arcade Mode
Fixed a camera issue as the camera will rise randomly. Still plan on allowing 4 players on Arcade Mode, but still have not online tested it.

I will be updating when the demo becomes available or not this Saturday (February 11).

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Demo Version 1.0 Is Out!
Happy to announce that the demo is now available to be played. I have worked hard on getting this demo ready and this is an exciting day for me to allow the community to play it.

If there are any suggestions you have or any bugs/issues you encouter during gameplay, please report them to me and I will find a solution to that.

Note: This mod requires a decent computer to play. You will experience framerate drops. You have been warned

Click Here To Download The Demo!

Fabysk
Forum Regular

[FINAL] Re: Project 115 - Despair (Demo Version 1.1 Now Available) (University of California, Irvine Recognition)

Post by Fabysk » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Demo Version 1.1 is now available for download!

This update contains many fixes both major and minor for single player and multiplayer.

The changelog and download link will be on the first post on this thread.

If there are any bug/exploits you encounter. Please inform me.

Fabysk
Forum Regular

[FINAL] Re: Project 115 - Despair (Demo Version 1.1 Now Available)

Post by Fabysk » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:05 pm

I am almost finished with the full release. Of course not all chapters are included, but chapter 1 is already done. Just adding in deatil to every map.
With that said. The new release date for the final release is May 1, 2017.

Fabysk
Forum Regular

[FINAL] Re: Project 115 - Despair (Full Release Now Available)

Post by Fabysk » Mon May 01, 2017 11:06 pm

The full release is now available for download! Check the first post for the download link. If you have any questions or encounter any bugs/exploits, please report them here. I am working on the next update and it will take a while. This will be a good time to inform me any of that. Happy zombie slaying!

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Wed May 10, 2017 1:11 am

Spoiler: Window Rock, Arizona (Open)

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Sun May 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Re-doing the PowerGum figures for the next update. Along with 2 new ones :wink:
Before:
After:

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:59 am

Progress Update
I have finished Chapter 2 for the Campaign. Adding in detail to the missions included in Chapter 2. For Survival, I have finished 1 map and will be adding another classic map. A new mini game for Arcade Mode is in the works right now. A trailer should be available to watch in 2 weeks. Progress is great so hopefully this update is great.

Another PowerGum Design remake for Reinstitute
Before:
After:

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 pm

2 weeks of waiting for a trailer? Why not release it now? The Ascension Update will be available for download July 1, 2017.
phpBB [media]

Trailer is also at the top of this thread.

Fabysk
Forum Regular

[FINAL] Re: Project 115 - Despair (Ascension Update Now Available)

Post by Fabysk » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:34 pm

The Ascension Update is now available for download!
phpBB [media]

Includes:
Campaign - Chapter 2: Between Worlds
Survival - The Iron Shield
Arcade Mode - Zombie Run

Click Here To Download

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:20 am

Progress has been crazy with the next title update. I had originally wanted for each title update to be release every other month, but due to college classes, scrapped ideas, and testing throughout development, I was not able to release this title update September 1. That is not to say that I won't. This one update is being worked on a lot with major changes. So what is there to expect in this next update?

To keep it simple:
  • *Chapter 3 for the campaign
    *2 new survival maps
    *1 new minigame
    *2 new PowerGums
    *More weapons added into survival
    * 2-Weapon system
As for a trailer for this update, maybe in early October there will be one. It all depends on design changes. As for a release date, quite possibly near the end of October.
This has been one hell of a ride to make this update and all the bug fixes, performance enhancements, and more.

Now will this update be compatible with Zandronum 3.0? Yes it will! :biggrin: :cool:

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:27 am

It sounds like you are having a bit of trouble, should I give a hand? I can work on the 2 weapon system and maybe some more weapons (DECORATE wise.), however I won't be available until after the 27th.

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:02 pm

WhiteAce wrote:It sounds like you are having a bit of trouble, should I give a hand? I can work on the 2 weapon system and maybe some more weapons (DECORATE wise.), however I won't be available until after the 27th.
I have already done the 2-weapon system and weapons. Pretty much what I have listed has already been done. I wouldn't require any addition help in this update, but I appreciate the offer. :happyface:

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:25 am

Important Notice

It has come to my attention that the Navajo Cycler Rifle no longer distracts zombies since the release of Zandronum 3.0. So far, I have not found an alternative method to keep this feature in. If I can not make one, then the distraction feature will be removed, not the weapon.