Project Ideas

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: Project Ideas

Post by Ivan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:54 am

stradex wrote:What about doom?
Play doom today in ARG servers pure gold skulltag hehehehe
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

edddu
New User

Post by edddu » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 pm

New idea and this might already exist but I'm doubtful.

A Friday the 13th/Dead by Daylight style game where a team of players must do certain objectives and survive in order to escape the map. I was thinking one player be a ghoul since there is already a million ghouls made up around zan, or even maybe some custom made monsters, or killer type player chase them throughout the map and try to kill them. Something like Ghouls vs Humans and Who Dun It mixed all together, except the humans fighting back (and winning) would be unlikely. The whole objective would be to escape, or find a certain number of an item, or call the ghostbusters. Whatever.

I already played a mod sort of like this, but it was horrible and I wouldn't really count it as playable. I don't remember the name, but the whole game was players being chased around in pitch black maze whilst some 'Murderer' ran around with instagib knuckles and looking for the exit.

If this is already a thing, please tell me.
Dont :igor: Say :igor: You :igor: Know :igor: Anything :igor: About :igor: DooM :igor: Unless :igor: You :igor: Use :igor: Zandronum :igor:

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

Post by mattbratt11 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:32 pm

I have the following ideas for my projects:

1. HansGrosse + StrifeAcolyte = BigAcolyteBoss
2. TransGrosse + DoomMarine = BigMarineBoss
3. HansGrosse + ZombieMan/Shotgunguy/Chaingunguy = BigZombieBoss
4. ArchonOfHell + HellWarrior = ArchonWarrior
5. LordOfHeresy + HellWarrior = HeresyWarrior
6. BruiserDemon + HellWarrior = BruiserWarrior
7. SgtMarkIV"s IconOfSin with Rotations and Walking Frames
8. Brutal Doom Style Middle Finger Sprites for Samsara classes
9. EvolutionaryBaron with BaronOfHell's Colors (The HellKnight Colors already existed though)
10. LCA Style [Enraged] [True] [Legendary/Hellfire/Cerebral/etcetera] Variants of Stock/Custom Monsters that aren't yet added to LCA. (eg. LegendarySnotfolus, HellfireCycloidEmperor, etcetera)

If any of those don't already exist, those are the ten of many ideas I've written for when you're bored and want to make new and interesting projects that use lots of never-before-seen resources to post upon requests in their lifetimes.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:23 am

mattbratt11 wrote:I have the following ideas for my projects:

1. HansGrosse + StrifeAcolyte = BigAcolyteBoss
2. TransGrosse + DoomMarine = BigMarineBoss
3. HansGrosse + ZombieMan/Shotgunguy/Chaingunguy = BigZombieBoss
4. ArchonOfHell + HellWarrior = ArchonWarrior
5. LordOfHeresy + HellWarrior = HeresyWarrior
6. BruiserDemon + HellWarrior = BruiserWarrior
7. SgtMarkIV"s IconOfSin with Rotations and Walking Frames
8. Brutal Doom Style Middle Finger Sprites for Samsara classes
9. EvolutionaryBaron with BaronOfHell's Colors (The HellKnight Colors already existed though)
10. LCA Style [Enraged] [True] [Legendary/Hellfire/Cerebral/etcetera] Variants of Stock/Custom Monsters that aren't yet added to LCA. (eg. LegendarySnotfolus, HellfireCycloidEmperor, etcetera)

If any of those don't already exist, those are the ten of many ideas I've written for when you're bored and want to make new and interesting projects that use lots of never-before-seen resources to post upon requests in their lifetimes.
No.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Gaia74

Post by Gaia74 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 pm

i only want a prequel of doom 2 xD

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:19 am

Gaia74 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 pm
i only want a prequel of doom 2 xD
i made one along time ago with juan romeo https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom

Gaia74

Post by Gaia74 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:33 am

no

i want a prequel of doom 2 in earth with all soldiers fighting the hell while the doomguy fighting in phobos and deimos

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: <skr>

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 pm

dat's da saem shit d00d

skaarjman

Post by skaarjman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm

Doom CRY ?
Spoiler: Far cry 3 (Open)

TaporGamingBugReport

Clan: DoomBreakerMadness
Clan Tag: doombreakermdnss

Total Drama Skins in Doom

Post by TaporGamingBugReport » Tue May 01, 2018 3:58 am

You know i think remeber this one?

This is collabration skins project. anyone who think yet.

Here is a rules:
1. Must be a Total Drama Character
2. Any SKININFO Required
3. Must used sprites yet. everything rotated and unrotated.
4. Must be good skin
5. Yes. Sounds included yet

Enjoy. and make it!

tayedge98
New User

Post by tayedge98 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Player is a soldier of the great Swahilian Empire. Weapons, Makarov Pistol, AK, Mossberg 590M, DP-12 Double Barrel pump shotgun, RPG-7, RPK, Libyan Plasma Rifle, Egyptian Broadsider (Fires a nuke). Objective: Conquer North Africa, South Europe, and the Middle East. Make Africa Great Again! Be sure to give [Player Character] a nice spify uniform that looks badass. Maybe even a suit of power amor. It'd be fun and have a good laugh. Let it make Russian Overkill look like a stroll around the minefield.

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Post by madcat » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:34 am

tayedge98 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:25 pm
Player is a soldier of the great Swahilian Empire. Weapons, Makarov Pistol, AK, Mossberg 590M, DP-12 Double Barrel pump shotgun, RPG-7, RPK, Libyan Plasma Rifle, Egyptian Broadsider (Fires a nuke). Objective: Conquer North Africa, South Europe, and the Middle East. Make Africa Great Again! Be sure to give [Player Character] a nice spify uniform that looks badass. Maybe even a suit of power amor. It'd be fun and have a good laugh. Let it make Russian Overkill look like a stroll around the minefield.
No offense but your objective ( the list of lands you want to conquer ) sounds the same as the objective of the so called Islamic state.

FraxGamer
New User

Post by FraxGamer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:03 pm

Huh,I would love to see Tarnhill from Strife ported to Doom,it'd be a nice map to mess with your friends

tayedge98
New User

Post by tayedge98 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 pm

madcat wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:34 am
tayedge98 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:25 pm
No offense but your objective ( the list of lands you want to conquer ) sounds the same as the objective of the so called Islamic state.
They don't have territory outside of Iraq/Syria and are unable to invade Europe at all. Edit: Didn't notice the similarities until now

crazyflyingdonut
New User

Post by crazyflyingdonut » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm

I have a great idea for a project! Or... at least I think it's great. The only way to determine if people actually think it's great is if I post it and wait to see how people react to it. Well, here goes...

My idea is like a crossover between many different classic FPS games. Like, we could have Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, and Blood all in the same game!

Imagine if the Demons and Zombies from Doom, the Aliens from Duke Nukem 3D, the Nazi's from Wolfenstein, and other enemies from related games teamed up to plan one big huge invasion.

I think the only problem is: What world will this be in? I mean, John Romero has confirmed that Doomguy and BJ are related so that's been solved. But would this take place in their world or in Duke's world?

As for playable characters, maybe there could be multiple?

Now that I think about it, this idea might need some more thought put into it. Of course, that could just be my opinion and someone else might feel more confident about this idea.

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:31 am

crazyflyingdonut wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm
Imagine if the Demons and Zombies from Doom, the Aliens from Duke Nukem 3D, the Nazi's from Wolfenstein, and other enemies from related games teamed up to plan one big huge invasion.
Question: How would multiple characters be played? Like would there be variations between each one? This would most likely feel cluttered, but it is worth a shot!

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:02 am

So Samsara with monster mixer addon but story driven?

crazyflyingdonut
New User

Post by crazyflyingdonut » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Fabysk wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:31 am
crazyflyingdonut wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:33 pm
Question: How would multiple characters be played? Like would there be variations between each one? This would most likely feel cluttered, but it is worth a shot!
Well, to be honest I didn't really have a good idea about playable characters (Hence the question mark at the end, that means that I am not sure). Also sorry it took so long for me to reply, I go on ZDoom forums and Doomworld forums more often than I do here. Sometimes I forget that I have an account here. Not sure why.

Javulas
New User
Clan: FAP
Clan Tag: FAP

Post by Javulas » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:39 pm

I got Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 for a friend on Steam. I want to play some easier map wads with her since it'll be a bit more her speed but since those are easy-peasy for me I wonder how difficult it'd be to make a mod that gives you two classes to pick from where one is just regular, unchanged doomguy, and another where it's doomguy but everything is harder...

For example,
1. all damage he takes is multiplied by 1.3 (or thereabouts)
2. moves a little slower
3. ammo pickups yield fewer units
4. health pickups are reduced in amount healed (e.g. medikit 25 to 17)
5. weapon damage is slightly reduced

I imagine this wouldn't be too difficult to whip up but then again this is why I'm posting it into this thread because I can't do it.

mattbratt11
Forum Regular
Clan: Candid Yams
Clan Tag: MMCY

Post by mattbratt11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:57 am

Javulas wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:39 pm
I got Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 for a friend on Steam. I want to play some easier map wads with her since it'll be a bit more her speed but since those are easy-peasy for me I wonder how difficult it'd be to make a mod that gives you two classes to pick from where one is just regular, unchanged doomguy, and another where it's doomguy but everything is harder...

For example,
1. all damage he takes is multiplied by 1.3 (or thereabouts)
2. moves a little slower
3. ammo pickups yield fewer units
4. health pickups are reduced in amount healed (e.g. medikit 25 to 17)
5. weapon damage is slightly reduced

I imagine this wouldn't be too difficult to whip up but then again this is why I'm posting it into this thread because I can't do it.
Do it yourself! You know how to do it! I'm pushing you! JK!
I'm sure that fluffy could add the LegendaryIconOfSin Monster in the new Nexus Update any day...