Complex Doom Invasion - v0.99.8a

General discussion of the port and Doom-related chat.
arkore
Forum Regular

Re: Complex Doom Invasion

Post by arkore » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:13 pm

DR_FUZZY wrote:I've been testing my server with complex-doom-v26a2-opt.b8.pk3 and noticed that fewer players drop from missed packets. I've found that the only problem with running complex-doom-v26a2-opt.b8.pk3 it is that the server will often spit 'p_startscript: Unknown script 306/307/308' when certain waves occur. I'm thinking it is related to a monster script. If anyone knows a quick fix for this, it may be better to run the optimized version instead of complex-doom-v26a2.pk3.
Well, first of all, there is a complex-doom-v26a2-opt.b9.pk3.
Second, complex-doom doesn't use those script numbers. So, something else is causing those error messages.

Speaking of these optimization mods, it's my understanding that they only optimize the images. However, I'm seeing that the entire mod has been copied. This can't be allowed, right? I mean, we should be extending mods, not copying the entire mod to a new pk3. But, that's sort of off-topic here I guess.

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:24 pm

yo blood just a quick suggestion
the EBfg9000 primary fire should be like a machine gun its annoying to wait for the 50 rockets to be used
Tech erasus fire delay should be like if u have rage rune it sucks to wait 2-3 seconds to fire

DR_FUZZY

Post by DR_FUZZY » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:23 pm

arkore wrote:
DR_FUZZY wrote:I've been testing my server with complex-doom-v26a2-opt.b8.pk3 and noticed that fewer players drop from missed packets. I've found that the only problem with running complex-doom-v26a2-opt.b8.pk3 it is that the server will often spit 'p_startscript: Unknown script 306/307/308' when certain waves occur. I'm thinking it is related to a monster script. If anyone knows a quick fix for this, it may be better to run the optimized version instead of complex-doom-v26a2.pk3.
Well, first of all, there is a complex-doom-v26a2-opt.b9.pk3.
Second, complex-doom doesn't use those script numbers. So, something else is causing those error messages.

Speaking of these optimization mods, it's my understanding that they only optimize the images. However, I'm seeing that the entire mod has been copied. This can't be allowed, right? I mean, we should be extending mods, not copying the entire mod to a new pk3. But, that's sort of off-topic here I guess.
9 does the same, but it has some really weird blood effects.
Its likely from the way that CDI inherits complex's monsters and uses its own custom states for new features like the bonus crates, the script probably only exists within the opt version and is overwritten by CDI's states. I'll probably dig into it more and make a patch that can properly support it when I'm done working on some real life things. I've noticed that some LCA monster actors (attacks, for the most part) are poorly optimized as well, causing ridiculously huge spikes in bandwidth and CPU consumption.

You're right about copying the mod, but I think the point of it is also to reduce the file size that cuts it by at least half. I haven't seen a thread on it, so its probably just something that floats around on the file hosts. The optimized images can save on bandwidth/CPU if there are less frames being called (or frames being skipped) per tic. I've yet to really look into much of this aside from seeing how it handles.

Also is 99c out? I see its being hosted, but no post here yet.

C:\)
Forum Regular

Post by C:\) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 pm

blood i dont like to be an asshole but the last update its piece of shit

that slot machine thing with the spheres are op they ruin the gameplay and if u have leg or luck rune they get bugged you should change them for items like the random slot machine that appears sometimes

the D-bfg it needs to be a temporary weapon like Dev and leg bfg and the maps like cdm12 and cdm15 who gives you that u should add the EBFG9000 as an alternate weapon

this is an optional suggestion
the reg and drain runes buff it to 999 i already calculated and barely you survive 3-4 hits from legs and damage scale 1.75 so its fine and not op

and this is my personal suggestion

that mega support tank how about instead of a support it should be a vehicle where you can control it summon drones and crates for the team that would be awesome

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 pm

C:\) wrote:blood i dont like to be an asshole but the last update its piece of shit

that slot machine thing with the spheres are op they ruin the gameplay and if u have leg or luck rune they get bugged you should change them for items like the random slot machine that appears sometimes

the D-bfg it needs to be a temporary weapon like Dev and leg bfg and the maps like cdm12 and cdm15 who gives you that u should add the EBFG9000 as an alternate weapon

this is an optional suggestion
the reg and drain runes buff it to 999 i already calculated and barely you survive 3-4 hits from legs and damage scale 1.75 so its fine and not op

and this is my personal suggestion

that mega support tank how about instead of a support it should be a vehicle where you can control it summon drones and crates for the team that would be awesome
No the D-BFG doesn't need to be a temporary weapon. As for your idea for the Mega Support Tank, I think it's fine the way it is. About the slot machine with spheres, I agree with you on that if there are any glitches for that one that has to be fixed.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sat May 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Hellow everyone, here comes the update 0.99.1 with a new map CDM16. The project has also been converted from the .wad format to the .pk3 format hoping this will fix some major crash issues with the servers online.

/!\ WARNING THE PROJECT IS STILL NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LCA 1.5.9 /!\

Have a nice day.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat May 20, 2017 2:39 pm

woot woot!

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:20 pm

When this becomes comptitsble with v1.5.9, have the Dark Cyberlord boss become the Cyberbot like monster as there is the Dark Annihilator in v1.5.9.
Last edited by Blast98 on Sun May 21, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat May 20, 2017 11:45 pm

Blast88 wrote:Now since we now have the Inferno Demon, I'm pretty sure he has the different sounds from the Saobath. Right? Also, when will this be compatible with v1.5.9? When this becomes comptitsble with v1.5.9, have the Dark Cyberlord boss become the Cyberbot like monster as there is the Dark Annihilator in v1.5.9.
I highly doubt Blood will change the boss just because of that. I changed the name of the Dark Annihilator actor just so the CDI one would already be compatible.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:48 pm

Legendary wrote:
Blast88 wrote:Now since we now have the Inferno Demon, I'm pretty sure he has the different sounds from the Saobath. Right? Also, when will this be compatible with v1.5.9? When this becomes comptitsble with v1.5.9, have the Dark Cyberlord boss become the Cyberbot like monster as there is the Dark Annihilator in v1.5.9.
I highly doubt Blood will change the boss just because of that. I changed the name of the Dark Annihilator actor just so the CDI one would already be compatible.
Well perhaps he can make the CDI one be a lot more powerful and a bit bigger instead of changing it as well as giving it a different see sound in order to avoid confusions between the boss version and the regular version when it comes to seeing them throughout the maps.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat May 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Blast88 wrote:Well perhaps he can make the CDI one be a lot more powerful and a bit bigger instead of changing it as well as giving it a different see sound in order to avoid confusions between the boss version and the regular version when it comes to seeing them throughout the maps.
Lol dude, he's not going to be using the edited version I added for LCA. That version was only for me to add another Cyber tier monster and be somewhat balanced so it fits with the other Cybers. I also used it so that I could have a reason to add the DT Rail.

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:15 am

Don't know if anyone still watches this thread, but just wanted to say that progress on CDM17 is on it's way! After many technical issues, (mostly due to me being bad at everything) I will be shifting focus from my campaign wad solely to CDM17 for the next month or so. I want to make this map the best I can, so I'll be taking my time, unlike CDM08, where I rushed through it super fast.
Here's a bit of a spoiler and what I have so far: http://imgur.com/a/KPzz1
If anyone has any ideas, criticism, or just want to troll me - please feel free to PM me here on the forums, on Discord (Evaine#6838), or on IRC. I'd love to hear what everyone wants to see in the next map, and I'll try my best to implement it, if it fits the theme. Thanks!
~Evaine

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Evaine wrote:Don't know if anyone still watches this thread, but just wanted to say that progress on CDM17 is on it's way! After many technical issues, (mostly due to me being bad at everything) I will be shifting focus from my campaign wad solely to CDM17 for the next month or so. I want to make this map the best I can, so I'll be taking my time, unlike CDM08, where I rushed through it super fast.
If anyone has any ideas, criticism, or just want to troll me - please feel free to PM me here on the forums, on Discord (Evaine#6838), or on IRC. I'd love to hear what everyone wants to see in the next map, and I'll try my best to implement it, if it fits the theme. Thanks!
~Evaine
Nice start. This looks like it's going to be a tech base type map with lots of zombies. You should ask Overlord if you can use his General Rosterrock monster for like a miniboss or something. If you need anyone to help test it I'd be down. :biggrin:

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Legendary wrote:
Evaine wrote:Don't know if anyone still watches this thread, but just wanted to say that progress on CDM17 is on it's way! After many technical issues, (mostly due to me being bad at everything) I will be shifting focus from my campaign wad solely to CDM17 for the next month or so. I want to make this map the best I can, so I'll be taking my time, unlike CDM08, where I rushed through it super fast.
~Evaine
Nice start. This looks like it's going to be a tech base type map with lots of zombies. You should ask Overlord if you can use his General Rosterrock monster for like a miniboss or something. If you need anyone to help test it I'd be down. :biggrin:
You're close! I'm going to develop my own boss, though. If you want to help, I'd appreciate it! ^-^
When I have the first 5 or so waves completed, we can test it together. I'll PM you when it's in the Alpha stage, along with anyone else who wants to test, as well.

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Another update as a teaser. [Remember: don't view my Imgur Album if you don't want spoilers!]
I've done a lot more and progress is going faster than I had thought. Check out the Imgur Album and scroll down a bit if you want to see what I have so far.
I'm still up for criticism and feedback of any kind! http://imgur.com/a/KPzz1
I hope everyone is as excited as I am.
~Evaine

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:49 pm

Evaine wrote:You're close! I'm going to develop my own boss, though. If you want to help, I'd appreciate it! ^-^
When I have the first 5 or so waves completed, we can test it together. I'll PM you when it's in the Alpha stage, along with anyone else who wants to test, as well.
Sounds good, I'll be checking. The other screens look nice too, though those hitscanners on the platforms could be a pain to fight. Sure I can help you though with the monster. You should teach me how to map too.. :hmm:

Evaine
New User

Post by Evaine » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Legendary wrote:
Evaine wrote:You're close! I'm going to develop my own boss, though. If you want to help, I'd appreciate it! ^-^
Sounds good, I'll be checking. The other screens look nice too, though those hitscanners on the platforms could be a pain to fight. Sure I can help you though with the monster. You should teach me how to map too.. :hmm:
I'm streaming the mapping of CDM17 on Twitch! You should pop in and see how I do things!
https://www.twitch.tv/evaine_karma
If you want to know when I'm streaming you can check my facebook, discord, or PM me on Zandronum IRC, since I don't have twitter. Mostly in the afternoon/evening USA time.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100018500748934
Discord: Evaine#6838

Anyone is free to come watch! ♥

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi there here is a little update to v0.99.1b, that update is more about fixes and making the gameplay less easy when they are tons of players.
Also the final bosses fight should more longer and harder.

Titanium
New User

Post by Titanium » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:45 pm

But, when it comes next version with lca-1.5.9.5?
And also what's could be about "Legendary Sentry" or "Legendary Sentry Gun" like other Legendary Stuffs.

Gogmagog
New User

Post by Gogmagog » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:03 pm

I don't know if this is intended behavior or not, but The Corruption (cdm10 boss) has an attack state that gives it ~20 seconds of invulnerability, which it seems able to immediately recast. This can get pretty frustrating when you burn a high-value item, like a Skull of Power or Legendary BFG, only to have it go completely to waste because the boss chained invulnerability for the entire buff duration.

Just thought I'd bring it up since it seems to be a real pain in the ass for everyone whenever the server switches to cdm10.