[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
tarrasqueSorcerer

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Legendary, I have a suggestion. Add an extra check for line of sight in the part that starts the music when a leg wakes up.
This will fix the situation when there's a leg in a teleport ambush, and it wakes up as soon as you shoot, but you don't actually fight it until later, while its music keeps playing.
Here's how it can be done:

Code: Select all

See:
	TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(user_music == 1,3)
	TNT1 A 0 A_CheckSight(2) // Added part. If there's no line of sight to any player, skip the music-starting part
	TNT1 A 0 ACS_ExecuteAlways(5432,0,1)
	TNT1 A 0 A_SetUserVar("user_music",1)

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:55 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:Legendary, I have a suggestion. Add an extra check for line of sight in the part that starts the music when a leg wakes up.
This will fix the situation when there's a leg in a teleport ambush, and it wakes up as soon as you shoot, but you don't actually fight it until later, while its music keeps playing.
Here's how it can be done:

See:
	TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(user_music == 1,3)
	TNT1 A 0 A_CheckSight(2) // Added part. If there's no line of sight to any player, skip the music-starting part
	TNT1 A 0 ACS_ExecuteAlways(5432,0,1)
	TNT1 A 0 A_SetUserVar("user_music",1)
Ah thank you. I'll give this a try later on today and see if it works. If it does then I will definitely add it.

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Actually, I messed up a bit. Here's a version with proper jump offsets.

See:
   TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(user_music == 1,4)
   TNT1 A 0 A_CheckSight(3)
A similar minor change would be clearing their SeeSound property and instead playing that sound in the same part that starts the music, so the players don't immediately know about the tele-ambushing leg. That might be too evil though -- imagine a leg dropping on you without any warning :P

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:27 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:This will fix the situation when there's a leg in a teleport ambush, and it wakes up as soon as you shoot, but you don't actually fight it until later, while its music keeps playing.
Does this mean that if there's a leg in a group of monsters to teleport in, the music won't play until the ambush actually happens? Because if so, I'm not quite sold on this one - having the music play while you fight your way through a map kind of hypes you up and keeps the tension, like a constant reminder that a tougher fight is ahead. Just my opinion, but sometimes I've rather enjoyed that situation. Also, I can imagine how ridiculously unprepared it would leave you when it comes to any teleport ambush, likely making a leg monster even more unfair. I don't know, I can just imagine how infuriating this will be when I continue playing through WADs with teleport traps :P

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:25 am

ThePlamzJoker wrote:
tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:This will fix the situation when there's a leg in a teleport ambush, and it wakes up as soon as you shoot, but you don't actually fight it until later, while its music keeps playing.
Does this mean that if there's a leg in a group of monsters to teleport in, the music won't play until the ambush actually happens? Because if so, I'm not quite sold on this one - having the music play while you fight your way through a map kind of hypes you up and keeps the tension, like a constant reminder that a tougher fight is ahead. Just my opinion, but sometimes I've rather enjoyed that situation. Also, I can imagine how ridiculously unprepared it would leave you when it comes to any teleport ambush, likely making a leg monster even more unfair. I don't know, I can just imagine how infuriating this will be when I continue playing through WADs with teleport traps :P
Maybe there can be an option to turn it off and on? Like the legmusic can be done in the sameway.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Hmm I didn't think about that. Then again I think you can just bind a key to the legmusic commands and it will work in that way. Turn it on and off whenever without having to use the console.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Update: The new LCA version is almost ready. I have just received a picture of the sprites I requested a few days ago. The people who are now working on them are Metal_Spaghetti and TheUndeadSoldier. Still no eta but at least there has been progress made that I can confirm. Be looking out, I think it should be here within less than a month. Not entirely sure so don't quote me on that.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Legendary wrote:Update: The new LCA version is almost ready. I have just received a picture of the sprites I requested a few days ago. The people who are now working on them are Metal_Spaghetti and TheUndeadSoldier. Still no eta but at least there has been progress made that I can confirm. Be looking out, I think it should be here within less than a month. Not entirely sure so don't quote me on that.
Splendid.

Bloodhaven
New User
Clan: Nuclear Empire
Clan Tag: [NE] & [TSPG]

Post by Bloodhaven » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Seriously cannot wait for this. Those two are great players, it'll be cool to see what's been cooking.
I have no Mouth and I must Scream ぉ陰波ごイ ちジす

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:52 pm

Bloodhaven wrote:Seriously cannot wait for this. Those two are great players, it'll be cool to see what's been cooking.
Same here, I can't wait to finally release this! Good news is that the sprites were sent today and I'm cutting out and implementing them now. Bad news is that I'm missing a few sprites. HOPEFULLY the rest of them will be finished and sent today as well. :eek:

Twinkletwats

Post by Twinkletwats » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:57 pm

Legendary wrote:
Bloodhaven wrote:Seriously cannot wait for this. Those two are great players, it'll be cool to see what's been cooking.
Same here, I can't wait to finally release this! Good news is that the sprites were sent today and I'm cutting out and implementing them now. Bad news is that I'm missing a few sprites. HOPEFULLY the rest of them will be finished and sent today as well. :eek:
Hopefully these will suffice!
Image Image

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Twinkletwats wrote:Hopefully these will suffice!
Image Image
Lmao nice, how'd you get them to be in such high quality? It almost looks like these are completely real

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:38 pm

But are they in the Doom palette?
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:14 am

Empyre wrote:But are they in the Doom palette?
Opps guess not, now they are and everything is finally done. Thanks guys
Spoiler: Dingys (Open)
ImageImage

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:16 am

I was going to mention one last thing before the update is finally finished, a suggestion if you will. Seeing as you guys liked my request for Two Steps From Hell's "Decimator", but had no monster to assign it to, I had a thought...why not make it for the Legendary Redeemer? It works because the monster is overwhelming and intimidating for sure, almost every time I hear him pop up I know I'm screwed (unless I have the rune). It's better than the existing song choice because that one is extremely short and loops so frequently...and yes, I cannot seem to get an answer for what the bloody thing is called. At least with this one, we have a fully identified collection with a more epic song than before!
...Just a suggestion. :P

Also, I hope you've nerfed this particular bugger a little more already, I firmly believe the Legendary Tormentor is actually easier to defeat and more fair a challenge. I've been playing a few WADs casually while in a withdrawal desire for making more gameplay videos, and it's nice to know that it may finally be time to continue!

Twinkletwats

Post by Twinkletwats » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:35 am

Legendary wrote:
Twinkletwats wrote:Hopefully these will suffice!
Image Image
Lmao nice, how'd you get them to be in such high quality? It almost looks like these are completely real
Over 9000 hours in photoshop
I like the touch-up to the doom palate, can't wait to see it in 1.5.9

Bloodhaven
New User
Clan: Nuclear Empire
Clan Tag: [NE] & [TSPG]

Post by Bloodhaven » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Are you able to give a rundown of everything you're adding?
I have no Mouth and I must Scream ぉ陰波ごイ ちジす

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:33 pm

ThePlamzJoker wrote:I was going to mention one last thing before the update is finally finished, a suggestion if you will. Seeing as you guys liked my request for Two Steps From Hell's "Decimator", but had no monster to assign it to, I had a thought...why not make it for the Legendary Redeemer? It works because the monster is overwhelming and intimidating for sure, almost every time I hear him pop up I know I'm screwed (unless I have the rune). It's better than the existing song choice because that one is extremely short and loops so frequently...and yes, I cannot seem to get an answer for what the bloody thing is called. At least with this one, we have a fully identified collection with a more epic song than before!
...Just a suggestion. :P

Also, I hope you've nerfed this particular bugger a little more already, I firmly believe the Legendary Tormentor is actually easier to defeat and more fair a challenge. I've been playing a few WADs casually while in a withdrawal desire for making more gameplay videos, and it's nice to know that it may finally be time to continue!
I can't say I'll be changing the music but the Redeemer was in fact nerfed. I look forward to you continuing your videos as well though. :biggrin:
Bloodhaven wrote:Are you able to give a rundown of everything you're adding?
No spoilers. Telling you everything that's in 1.5.9 will make people less enthusiastic to play it. You'll already know everything that's in it which will ruin the experience in my opinion. Just wait and see. :wink:

spartanoo2
New User

Post by spartanoo2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:57 am

a question legendary how to see this leg cyberdemon can convert in true leg cyberdemon and the other legendary cyberdemon cant convert to true legendary cyberdemon?

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:57 am

spartanoo2 wrote:a question legendary how to see this leg cyberdemon can convert in true leg cyberdemon and the other legendary cyberdemon cant convert to true legendary cyberdemon?
When the Leg Cyberdemon dies, after a few seconds on its corpse Archviles will summon and ressurect the corpse to True Leg Cyberdemon, this has a random chance of happening and its Impossible to tell if a Leg Cyberdemon will become True until it is killed.