[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Legendary
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:17 pm

eric87051 wrote:Leg Behemoth's golden balls must be defeatable.

It's painful doing nothing but dodge them for a whole minute, then RNGesus gives you another pack of golden balls again....
Nerfed in 1.5.9.

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:54 am

The True Legendary Cyberdemon should stop doing the rapid railgun attack as well as double true legendary BFG Balls shooting because they make him too overpowered to fight against. Also, I changed my mind I think his giant laser ball attack can still be kept but what you should do is greatly reduce the chance of the True Legendary Cyberdemon performing the giant laser ball attack.

In one of your preview pictures of upcoming enemies, I've saw one of them that has the True Legendary Annihilator. So will the True Legendary Annihilator be appearing or is he too overpowered?

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:13 am

the true legendary annihilator is a meme ;) and anything can be more op than the legendary cardinal

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Skeleton wrote:the true legendary annihilator is a meme ;) and anything can be more op than the legendary cardinal
But you do know the True Legendary Cardinal is still by far the most powerful monster in the LCA pack for as what I know for sure.

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Blast88 wrote:Also, I changed my mind I think his giant laser ball attack can still be kept but what you should do is greatly reduce the chance of the True Legendary Cyberdemon performing the giant laser ball attack.
The high chance of abilities occurring isn't the problem.

The problem is the short (to no) delay prior to. If a boss doesn't need to charge for his ability, then it's OP. Players have no chance to react or dodge, which ruins the game play.

theundeadsoldierx9

Post by theundeadsoldierx9 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:53 pm

arkore wrote:
Blast88 wrote:Also, I changed my mind I think his giant laser ball attack can still be kept but what you should do is greatly reduce the chance of the True Legendary Cyberdemon performing the giant laser ball attack.
The high chance of abilities occurring isn't the problem.

The problem is the short (to no) delay prior to. If a boss doesn't need to charge for his ability, then it's OP. Players have no chance to react or dodge, which ruins the game play.
yeah true :v:

Blast98
Forum Regular

Post by Blast98 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:24 am

Has anyone reported the music bug of the Demon Lord Arcradimus yet? Because when the music of that monster tries to activate, it glitches out to default music. This needs to be fixed.

Twinkletwats

Post by Twinkletwats » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Legendary wrote:

It's painful doing nothing but dodge them for a whole minute, then RNGesus gives you another pack of golden balls again....
Nerfed in 1.5.9.
Any estimate as to when 1.5.9 will be ready for DL?

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Twinkletwats wrote:
Legendary wrote:

Nerfed in 1.5.9.
I mean we're really close to being done. We just need a few more dingys then it'll finally be ready for release. I'd say it's slightly over 90% done. Either late this weekend or possibly next weekend. But, Only time will tell. :eek:

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Legendary wrote:
Twinkletwats wrote:
Legendary wrote:

Nerfed in 1.5.9.
I mean we're really close to being done. We just need a few more dingys then it'll finally be ready for release. I'd say it's slightly over 90% done. Either late this weekend or possibly next weekend. But, Only time will tell. :eek:
what is left?

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Just a few minor fixes, monster attacks, weapon and player stuff, and a couple things on the LCADEMO map.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:52 am

Legendary wrote:Just a few minor fixes, monster attacks, weapon and player stuff, and a couple things on the LCADEMO map.
There is going to be an Leg Monster Testing Demo Map?

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:21 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote:
Legendary wrote:Just a few minor fixes, monster attacks, weapon and player stuff, and a couple things on the LCADEMO map.
There is going to be an Leg Monster Testing Demo Map?
Yes and no, there will only be one map for LCA in the pk3. LCADEMO. That feature you are talking about will be in the current LCADEMO map for v1.5.9.

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:39 am

Legendary wrote: Yes and no, there will only be one map for LCA in the pk3. LCADEMO. That feature you are talking about will be in the current LCADEMO map for v1.5.9.
Oh, I see, so basically there is going to be one,
well it will help for one to see that what the new legs can do before taking them on in game.

I personally really like Monster Catalogs xD

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:52 am

Legendary wrote:I was watching through your videos and noticed how impossible it seemed fighting him and instantly getting killed.
This was mostly due to two things: the fact that he regains full health when resurrecting any single thing, and the attack where he shoots those green spirits which usually drains your health to nothing in a second. I actually like how in the long run, I defeated this weed bitch because my demonstrations of his bullshit will now weaken him!
Legendary wrote:Also, your videos are not only entertaining, but they also help me to figure out what changes need to be made to certain monsters and what glitches need to be patched.
Thanks man, I really appreciate you watching my videos as much as you do. I'm also honoured to actually be a help to improving the mod - consider me a guinea pig for testing your new stuff! I'll be playing through plenty more WADs with LCA in future, hopefully as soon as next month. :biggrin:

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Sepia-Paper wrote: Oh, I see, so basically there is going to be one,
well it will help for one to see that what the new legs can do before taking them on in game.

I personally really like Monster Catalogs xD
Yeah man, It's going to be nice once everything is finally finished.
ThePlamzJoker wrote:This was mostly due to two things: the fact that he regains full health when resurrecting any single thing, and the attack where he shoots those green spirits which usually drains your health to nothing in a second. I actually like how in the long run, I defeated this weed bitch because my demonstrations of his bullshit will now weaken him!
Lol, he actually only gains 100 hp each time he uses his resurrect move. Those ghost attacks though were no joke, the projectile speed was kind of too high along with the damage.
ThePlamzJoker wrote:Thanks man, I really appreciate you watching my videos as much as you do. I'm also honoured to actually be a help to improving the mod - consider me a guinea pig for testing your new stuff! I'll be playing through plenty more WADs with LCA in future, hopefully as soon as next month. :biggrin:
Yep no problem man, I'm glad you're able to help us improve the mod too. I look forward to your future playthroughs. By next month I'm pretty sure the new LCA will be out.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:37 pm

As Hexa suggested in one of his videos you should change the sounds of the Freezer Behemoth to something else than the Legendary Behemoth.
I guess it looks more logic for them to have unique sounds not used by other monsters.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:08 pm

fr blood wrote:As Hexa suggested in one of his videos you should change the sounds of the Freezer Behemoth to something else than the Legendary Behemoth.
I guess it looks more logic for them to have unique sounds not used by other monsters.
That is true, and is already done for v1.5.9.

Sukkamurmeli
New User

Post by Sukkamurmeli » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Legendary wrote:I think a Leg Vile might be a bad idea, then again I kinda did nerf the Vel for 1.5.9. I actually have a guy working on a few sprites for me to add into 1.5.9. All we need are his sprites, the explosive minigunner from theundeadsoldier, and the DT Railgun from zheg. After that we'll be set to release.
Been away for few weeks now so Im completly lost about whats happend with lca lately and It has "only" taken like 2 months or so for zheg to actually do something about dtech rail :hmm: . I really hope next release will be worth it <3
Mastermind behind Legendary Pinky

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:37 am

Sukkamurmeli wrote:
Legendary wrote:I think a Leg Vile might be a bad idea, then again I kinda did nerf the Vel for 1.5.9. I actually have a guy working on a few sprites for me to add into 1.5.9. All we need are his sprites, the explosive minigunner from theundeadsoldier, and the DT Railgun from zheg. After that we'll be set to release.
Been away for few weeks now so Im completly lost about whats happend with lca lately and It has "only" taken like 2 months or so for zheg to actually do something about dtech rail :hmm: . I really hope next release will be worth it <3
DTech Rail is done, but we decided to use A_RailAttack for instant shot, instead of a projectile-based one. But, we require most of A_RailAttack arguments which aren't available in Zan 2.1.2. So, the gun will be disabled until Zan 3 is released.