Doomseeker connection timeout when querying.

General help and assistance forum.
Gogmagog
New User

Doomseeker connection timeout when querying.

Post by Gogmagog » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:49 pm

This issue inexplicably appeared yesterday. No matter what I try or what settings I change, Doomseeker will give me a connection timeout error when querying the master server. IDE, using the same connection settings, will retrieve a list of servers with no problem.

In other words:

Doomseeker tries connecting to master.zandronum.com:15300, and fails.
IDE tries connecting to master.zandronum.com:15300, and succeeds.

I can't understand why Doomseeker isn't working. I know traffic is being correctly sent and received between me and the master server because IDE works fine, but I double-checked all of my network settings just in case. Windows Firewall is (and has always been) off, and all of the necessary ports are forwarded. As far as I can tell, with the exception of Doomseeker's behavior, nothing has changed in the last 24 hours.

I've tried wiping and recreating my Doomseeker configs, but nothing changed. I thought it might have been a bad update, so I downloaded Doomseeker again and refused auto-update on first launch, but again nothing changed.

Help. :v:

Zalewa
Developer

Re: Doomseeker connection timeout when querying.

Post by Zalewa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Do you use any anti-virus software? This can also block programs and can also have firewalls disguised under unsuspecting names like "network security". Alternatively you might try to update to the newest beta. Just configure the beta auto-update channel in options and update from the help menu.

Gogmagog
New User

Post by Gogmagog » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:38 pm

Beta update seems to have fixed it, but I don't know why.

Anyway, thanks.

Livewire42v
Registered just to make one post

Post by Livewire42v » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:49 am

I'm having the same issues. Doomseeker was working fine 2 days ago and today I try to pull it up and all i get is this message: "Error: Master server for Zandronum Connection timeout (45.56.67.39:15300)."