DoomWare Open Beta

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
buu342

DoomWare Open Beta

Post by buu342 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Based off the video game series WarioWare, DoomWare is a multiplayer minigame wad running on Zandronum, in which the player has to survive and/or complete the tasks of minigames that swapped every few seconds. The longer the game proceeds, the faster and more challenging it becomes.

Currently I've written 90 minigames for this, and am currently planning on releasing this with 100 games. I've been given plenty of suggestions for more by this community so that number might increase and future updates will be given with more content.

Given that this is half-way completed, I was interested in getting some Beta-testers that I can send this wad to in order to polish the current events that have been done, and maybe to even get more suggestions for the wad.

If you're interested, try out a server. There are some being hosted by TSPG, BlueFirestick, and Nuclear Empire

I HIGHLY suggest that you go into this knowing as little as possible, but it's normal that you do not want to download random-looking crap, therefore, if you really have to, here are some screenshots and a video of what's been done so far (Both are missing a lot of content, after all I don't wanna reveal all the surprises I have to offer).

Videos (Updated 11-10-2020)
phpBB [media]

Images (Updated 30-03-2019)
thumbnailthumbnailthumbnailthumbnailthumbnailthumbnailthumbnailthumbnailthumbnailthumbnail

Download/Source Code/Server Instructions/And more:
https://github.com/buu342/ACS-DoomWare
Last edited by buu342 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Re: DoomWare **Looking For Beta Testers**

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:05 pm

put up a SERVER

buu342

Post by buu342 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:06 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:put up a SERVER
This isn't a public release yet, hence why I put **Looking For Beta Testers** in the title. I'll release it publicly once I finish 50 minigames, and I've been able to get some feedback on what needs to be improved/fixed.

Plus, I don't have the hardware to keep a server running 24/7.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:11 pm

Server? https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5884 no excuses (unless it goes down again......)

u are gonna get 0 feedback until u go into public beta testing dude. PPl are too busy playing brutal complex megaman to do whatever super secret testing team u have in mind. Besides its a party wad we want to PLAY (me).

r4z0r
Banned
Clan: Homework Help

Post by r4z0r » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:47 am

Combinebobnt wrote:Server? https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5884 no excuses (unless it goes down again......)

u are gonna get 0 feedback until u go into public beta testing dude. PPl are too busy playing brutal complex megaman to do whatever super secret testing team u have in mind. Besides its a party wad we want to PLAY (me).
so will this be part of the next sns ??? or is the staff still too busy slacking :(

buu342

Post by buu342 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:45 pm

Hey guys, A server has been erected for all your playing pleasure. A few bugs have been found and are currently being worked on.
Last edited by buu342 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Ok so a couple of things:
-The one with the UACNM inspired minigame is damn near impossible to survive, I mean if that was just for memes then nvm, but honestly it seems pretty dumb

-You can get stuck in the jitterskull minigame after it ends [it happened to me while i circling the outer part of the map]; Same with the flying plane one. Others I'm not quite sure about other minigames yet as it hasn't happened to me

-The run to the door ice minigame is easy as hell after the first attempt because it always splits down the middle

-The dive into water one is damn near impossible for anyone playing in software [nobody won that minigame once in the 5-7 rounds we played]

Other than that it wasn't a bad start for a minigame wad in my opinion. We lasted about 7 rounds though before we got bored of the small selection of minigames but I do look forward to you updating this wad with things in the future!

Also:
Spoiler: Cause I'm shameless (Open)
phpBB [media]

buu342

Post by buu342 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Slyfox wrote:Ok so a couple of things:
-The one with the UACNM inspired minigame is damn near impossible to survive, I mean if that was just for memes then nvm, but honestly it seems pretty dumb

-You can get stuck in the jitterskull minigame after it ends [it happened to me while i circling the outer part of the map]; Same with the flying plane one. Others I'm not quite sure about other minigames yet as it hasn't happened to me

-The run to the door ice minigame is easy as hell after the first attempt because it always splits down the middle

-The dive into water one is damn near impossible for anyone playing in software [nobody won that minigame once in the 5-7 rounds we played]

Other than that it wasn't a bad start for a minigame wad in my opinion. We lasted about 7 rounds though before we got bored of the small selection of minigames but I do look forward to you updating this wad with things in the future!

Also:
Spoiler: Cause I'm shameless (Open)
phpBB [media]
Hey thanks for the feedback!

- The UACMN one is going to be nerfed. I'm either going to decrease the enemy count or decrease their damage. Probably damage. Done
- You can get stuck on a few others too. I'm not sure what's causing it but I've created a thread asking about it here. There are 2 other bugs which are related to the reach the end game's scripts failing to activate at times, and the hits not being registered in the Hit The Target minigames. Fixed
- Originally the walls on the side of the room did not expand to compensate for the seam in the middle, which gave it an extra element of challenge, but I changed it to look realistic. I might go ahead and speed up the game.
- There are two software unfriendly minigames which I am planning on remaking.

That is a fair criticism. The wad only has 43 currently, but I am planning on making it to 100 before I call the release Official. It's just a bit hard since I'm doing it by myself, and I don't have enough minigames planned out sadly. Currently I have 26 other games planned out, so more ideas would be really welcome and appreciated!
Last edited by buu342 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:01 pm

turn every unfinished idea from 'wad ideas thread''s into a minigame

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Re: DoomWare Open Beta

Post by Slyfox » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:15 am

More shit since you updated it a bit

-I didn't get stuck in any minigame so thats fine

-People are actually surviving the uacnm one now gj

-you still get points in the 'don't shoot yourself' minigame sometimes

-The obstacle course with the blades minigame is hard as fuck and I've yet to see anyone reach the end except once and thats cause he got lucky with the timing

buu342

Post by buu342 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:02 am

Slyfox wrote:More shit since you updated it a bit

-I didn't get stuck in any minigame so thats fine

-People are actually surviving the uacnm one now gj

-you still get points in the 'don't shoot yourself' minigame sometimes

-The obstacle course with the blades minigame is hard as fuck and I've yet to see anyone reach the end except once and thats cause he got lucky with the timing
Awesome. The Don't Shoot Yourself one is being worked on right now.Fixed. The obstacle course one is really hard in multiplayer due to ping. The game just does not seem to like unlagging moving actors...

buu342

Post by buu342 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:11 am

Update is out. 25 new minigames, a bit of polish and new effects, and the two software unfriendly minigames have been remade.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:32 am

oh my GOD

finish ?

buu342

Post by buu342 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:39 am

Combinebobnt wrote:oh my GOD

finish ?
Not yet. There are currently 69 minigames, and I will only call it finished when that number reaches 100. Plus there are some cool new features I have planned out which haven't been implemented.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:13 pm

Good number to leave it at, I respect that decision.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:08 pm

wow, Jacky Wu jing in your avatar, ShaPoLang is a cool movie

buu342

Post by buu342 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:36 pm

I'm still alive
phpBB [media]

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Okay, that's pretty awesome. I really like where you're going with this whole mod.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

buu342

Post by buu342 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:27 pm

Fused wrote:Okay, that's pretty awesome. I really like where you're going with this whole mod.
Thanks! If I finish doomware I'm definitely going to try to do a Pokémon thing when I finish this wad. I wanna see how much I can push ACS, further than this project. (at the time of writing, I got 5000+ lines running this thing)

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:29 pm

buu342 wrote:I'm still alive

nice finish thanks