[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
hexhex
New User

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by hexhex » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:21 pm

Hello i want to ask why i cant hear Leg music when I fight Leg monster

Killer2
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Killer2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Because most servers use OPT now and legendary music was removed (I don't know if that is a bug or intended for better performance). Try playing on a server without OPT.

hexhex
New User

Post by hexhex » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:57 pm

So killer can I set up a offline server with Leg music on? How to set OPT off in the configure page?

Killer2
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Killer2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:41 pm

You need to use the official LCA files instead of the OPT ones. You can't set OPT off.

ForrestMarkX
Forum Regular

Post by ForrestMarkX » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:12 pm

hexhex wrote:So killer can I set up a offline server with Leg music on? How to set OPT off in the configure page?
Don't play on a server that doesn't include the music file, the music was separated from OPT because it added 30mb to the the file size

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:17 am

Could a server set the music file as optional? If so, and if server operators did that, that would allow players to decide for themselves whether or not to download the large music file.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Sepia-Paper
Forum Regular

Post by Sepia-Paper » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:21 am

Empyre wrote:Could a server set the music file as optional? If so, and if server operators did that, that would allow players to decide for themselves whether or not to download the large music file.
Yes I do agree we need an optional music selection but I don't think its easily possible considering its embedded with the Map music settings,
The reason the Leg Music got turned off was because it used to bug out with the level music and sometimes double loop or stop music completely from the server until the map was changed.

ForrestMarkX
Forum Regular

Post by ForrestMarkX » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:31 am

Empyre wrote:Could a server set the music file as optional? If so, and if server operators did that, that would allow players to decide for themselves whether or not to download the large music file.
They can if they use the OPT version

hexhex
New User

Post by hexhex » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:46 am

So where can i download the music file? I want to play offline

ForrestMarkX
Forum Regular

Post by ForrestMarkX » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:33 am

hexhex wrote:So where can i download the music file? I want to play offline
http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... mus-v2.pk3

hexhex
New User

[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon) test split

Post by hexhex » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:41 am

thanks. Any Megawad suggestion?

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:04 pm

Not bad, the weapon looks nice to me. Looks more like a BFG though. Also blood.. we are adding a dtech railgun, the one that zheg made.

ps.

[spoiler]I'm stealing your dark annihilator. :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface: :happyface:[/spoiler]

MarkuzESP

Post by MarkuzESP » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 am

Just seen a True Legendary Cyberdemon crashing a whole server.

IMO the wad needs the spamfest reduced ASAP because it hurts the overall quality of the wad.

By the way the constant Invulnerability on some monsters when getting a high threat is becoming quite frustrating instead of being a fun challenge. Same issue for the one-shooting attacks no matter if you are 500/500 with leg-rune or at 100 HP.

It is a pity because the mod is good and I have fun while playing it but when these things I mention above kick in I just want to press escape, leave the server and go play something else. :igor: :igor: :igor:

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:32 am

protip 1: don't play in that server with 17 baddons.
protip 2: try to play alone with a good map pack or a server without replacers/haf.
protip 3: ofc they will spawn invul, they're rare spawns which drop op shit, they need some defense against players with armageddon sphere/skull/bfg9k/leg ammo sphere
protip 4: don't talk shit if u enjoy the server with 17 baddons lol.

MarkuzESP

Post by MarkuzESP » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Skeleton wrote:protip 1: don't play in that server with 17 baddons.
protip 2: try to play alone with a good map pack or a server without replacers/haf.
protip 3: ofc they will spawn invul, they're rare spawns which drop op shit, they need some defense against players with armageddon sphere/skull/bfg9k/leg ammo sphere
1) Server only had 10 addons and was InfiniteCoop. Never found a complex doom server with that wad loaded, so wanted to give it a try. Even more, never found a Complex Doom Coop or Survival server that allowed jumping and both InfiniteCoop and Chillax allowed it (yes, I like jumping). Chillax went to map10, like 15.000 threat, and instantly crashed when I fired the DemonTech BFG10K. Didn't bother as it's Chillax and it's full of monsters just everywhere.

2) Played alone some tests at Alien Vendetta. As soon as I finished a level, Zandronum crashed. ALWAYS. Don't know why. No matter if there are 7 or 30 addons.

3) One thing is spawning invul and another quite different is facing a guy who is almost perma-immune and who gets shot and takes 200 damage from a normal point-blank BFG9000 shot. You make it look like armageddon spheres, skulls or items like these spawn like common medkits on any mode. None of these things are needed to fight a small legendary guy but there may be one or two of those OP pickups and they don't last that long.

4) So, I can't comment on what I disliked on the mod because you assume I play with lots of wads, something that is wrong. Derpface :igor: derp derp

And well as I was saying, the overall idea is good and I enjoy it, but I would not negate so fast that some things are just fucked up. Give it a try yourselves and get to a server and see what happens. Maybe I'm just wrong, but some servers which were crowded with players now are empty or with 2-3 players and some coop servers I used to play, now are not even displayed on the DoomSeeker.

Have a nice day.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:42 pm

look the top server thats the server with 17 wads, only the leg sentient/cyber have long invul frames and is for save you (is a charge for a big attack)

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:35 pm

arkore wrote:
Skeleton wrote:protip 1: don't play in that server with 17 baddons.
That is an example of unconstructive feedback and an ignorant misunderstanding of the invul problem.

Markuz, you're right. Unfortunately, these modders won't listen to you because of laziness.
Most of the modders who made the other addons are hard to get in contact with. They're never on irc and rarely in game besides us, overlord, and forest. To be fair this isn't really my and the entire lca team's issue. They made the extra addons so they need to be the ones to work with each other to get them merged. I have no interest in the content of 95% of those addons.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:19 am

Hey Legendary, what is still missing for next update?
Also I've got the sprites for the Leg Vile, so maybe for 1.6.0 he could be done. ^_^

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:09 am

I think a Leg Vile might be a bad idea, then again I kinda did nerf the Vel for 1.5.9. I actually have a guy working on a few sprites for me to add into 1.5.9. All we need are his sprites, the explosive minigunner from theundeadsoldier, and the DT Railgun from zheg. After that we'll be set to release.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:36 am

Legendary wrote:I think a Leg Vile might be a bad idea
I remember you saying that for every single leg before adding them. :rolleyes: