Zombie HORDE - BETA 28 (page 16) - Fix1 (05/01/15)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Xsnake
Forum Regular

Zombie HORDE - BETA 28 (page 16) - Fix1 (05/01/15)

Post by Xsnake » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 am

Bonus Items

They are awarded every two kills, five infections and to a random survivor in escape maps.
Spoiler: Bonuses effects (Open)
Humans
• Kevlar vest : will absorb one zombie scratch. A human with a kevlar needs two scratches to get infected.
• Firepower Upgrade : Damage caused is multiplied by 1.3
• Energy Drink : Unlimited sprint for 30 seconds. Instantly refills health and weapons magazines.
• Tiredness : Speed reduced to 0.9 for 60 seconds.

Zombies
• Syringe : curative item that turns a zombie into a human. A cured human can no longer get infected and will be scratched to death instead.
• Speed serum : Increases speed (x1.1)
• High-jump : Lasts 90 seconds
• Vulnerability : Damage taken increased by 50%
Spoiler: Bonuses list (Open)
Humans
• DoubleShotgun (15%)
• Jack's gun (15%)
• Kevlar vest (15%)
• Firepower upgrade (15%)
• Fire Crystal (10%)
• Holy Cross (10%)
• Unusual effect (5%)
• Energy Drink (5%)
• Tiredness (5%)
• Nothing (5%)

Zombies
• Syringe (30%) (available only for non initial zombies)
• Speed serum (20%)
• High-Jump (20%)
• Unusual effect (10%)
• Vulnerability (10%)
• Nothing (10%)

Unusuals

More than cosmetic effects, they come with a falling damage reduction (75% absorbed).
Spoiler: Effects preview (Open)

Achievements

26 achievements can be unlocked and will be stored in your .ini file.
Spoiler: Achievements list (Open)

• Epidemic! : As a mother zombie, infect everyone. (requires more than 6 humans)
• It's not over yet! : Infect a human when less than 10 seconds are remaining (ZM only)
• Preventive Infection! : Infect someone as soon as you get selected.
• Relapse! : Scratch a human that got cured.
• Infection Madness! : Get 12 infections in a single round.
• Road Runner! : Infect a human that is panicking.
• Infection Milestone 1, 2, 3! : Accumulate 100, 500, 1000 infections.

• I am a Pirate! : Accumulate 20 Jacksgun kills.
• Supershotgun Supremacy! : Accumulate 5 SSG kills.
• Survival instinct! : Kill a zombie with your handgun.
• Firefighter! : Kill 15 zombies while they are burning.
• Sky gazer! : Kill a zombie in the mid-air.
• Gravedigger! : Kill 5 zombies in a single round.
• Death Priest! : Kill 8 zombies in a single round.
• Hunter Milestone 1, 2, 3! : Accumulate 30, 100, 250 zombie kills.

• Hard to Kill 1, 2! : Survive 10, 20 rounds without dying.
• Is It Safe? : Survive after having panicked (ZE only)
• Only ZE survivor! : Be the only human to survive a ZE map (needs more than 6 humans at start)
• Only ZM survivor! : Be the only human to survive a ZM map (needs more than 6 humans at start)
• Survivor Milestone 1, 2! : Accumulate 50, 100 escapes.

Serverside statistics

Servers will keep track of a few events. The counters will be reset upon server restart. These values are sent to client once per map max to avoid huge net traffic.
Spoiler: In-game view (Open)

Custom CVARS (serverside)

• zh_disablebonus : allows bonus items disabling (default = false)
• zh_disableunusuals : allows unusual effects disabling (default = false). Disabled unusuals cannot be obtained via the bonus items system.
• zh_disablesprint : allows sprint disabling (default = false)
• zh_afk_cleanup_time : controls the afk cleanup feature in seconds. -1 disables it, cannot be lower than 5 (default = 25)
• zh_old_random : set to true if you want to use the old random function (default = false)

Current Maplist

• ZM01 • ZE01 • ZE06
• ZM02 • ZE02 • ZE07
• ZM03 • ZE03 • ZE08
• ZM04 • ZE04 • ZE09
• ZM05 • ZE05 • ZE10

Server Configuration

• Gametype : Survival
• DMFlags : 8
• DMFlags2 : 184549376
• CompatFlags : 1048576
• CompatFlags2 : 0

ZH Facts
Spoiler: Did you know that... (Open)
• DrDoctor's Hospital and Castlevania maps are the only maps that haven't been touched since their initial release?
• Zm05's maze is the exact copy of the maze in Tomb Raider Anniversary?
• The zombies initially had 8000/4000 HP on ZM maps?
• ZH's development actually started in 2007 but went IDLE for two years and a half?
• "Virtual" was supposed to introduce a new weapon : the stinger missile launcher from MGS2? It was developed but never included. Screenshot.
• The 4th beta was never released?
• The achievements system was entirely developed and functional in one single day?
• The mid-air jumping acceleration was initially supposed to be disabled?
• The zombies claws were introduced later? Zombies initially had a knife to infect humans.
• The infection system originally didn't print the infector's name?
• zh-beta14 was supposed to introduce player class morphing for zombies but that idea was abandoned since morphed players cannot crouch?
• The first zh betas were nammed "zm4-betaX.wad", zm standing for "zombie mod"?
• The very first beta (zm4-beta1.wad) contained two maps : ZM01 and ZM02 and was released in August, 2010?
• One full energy bar grants 7,14 seconds of sprint ?
• It takes 286 seconds to recover the full sprint bar ?
• Ze10 is based on an actual Final Fantasy VIII stage ?
• Ze09 is based on a MGS2 stage (ending of the Tanker mission, with Snake) ?
• Ze08 is based on an actual Zombie Horde CSS map ?
• Ze06 is based on a Final Fantasy VII stage (escape of the Shinra building) ?
• Ze05 is based on Final Fantasy VII's opening stage ?
• Zm05 is based on the mansion in Tomb Raider Anniversary ?
• "Virtual" is based on MGS2 Substance VR training, "Variety" missions with Raiden ?
• All players have a mass of 40 instead of 100 ?
• The "Jacks'gun" was introduced with Ze03, a "Pirates of the caribbean" themed map ?
• When fire grenades were introduced, it was possible to perform "grenade jumps" ?
• The HP given to the infected depends on the infector's HP/HP_Max ratio ?
• In early betas, weapons were droppable and could be picked up by zombies resulting in a "human spy" bug ?
• The achievements system's "safety protocol" was dismantled by kgsws, even though the sources were not available ?
• The grenades burning causes twice more damage on ZM maps than on ZE maps ?
• The admin pannel originally didn't require RCON and could be activated by players that had an hardcoded password ?
• The "ZE" and "ZM" maps naming was introduced with zh-beta16 ?
• Grandvoid started hosting ZH on September 18, 2010 (zh-beta14.wad with 6 maps) ?
• The radio (when introduced) was only found in ZE01 Jurassic until it was added to, now ZE15, Runaway ?
• In Beta 1 Zombies had knifes for claws, then later had brown claws ? This was switched to black to match the current Zombie skin.

Downloads

zh-beta27

Beta 27 Sources

http://xsnake.online.fr/wads/zm_screen/ ... ources.zip

Mappack topic

http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1963
Last edited by Xsnake on Fri May 01, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rabbit lord
Forum Regular

RE: Zombie HORDE - BETA 25 PLUS 2 (Sources available)

Post by Rabbit lord » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:50 am

:O it lives! Good to see you back Xsnake.

Xsnake
Forum Regular

Post by Xsnake » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:17 pm

Rabbit lord wrote: :O it lives! Good to see you back Xsnake.
Well, since the ZH server is still quite active apparently, a thread was needed for people to report possible bugs, ideas and comments. :cool:

I'm especially looking for feedback on the unusuals : if some people think some effects suck and should be removed, please let me know. I'm also open for effects suggestions (I already have a couple in mind). So don't hesitate to post them here.

Also, those who were working on maps for the mappack should post them here again (I'm thinking of Stiff, manuelbkn, etc...) but I'm not sure these people are still around. :neutral:

Regarding what's going to come in the future, I'm mainly thinking of reworking some of my maps that, I think, are quite bad/boring such as ZM01, 02 and 05. But I still need to find the time and the motivation to do it. :rolleyes:

Let me know what you think.

Theshooter7
Forum Regular

Post by Theshooter7 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:35 am

Ok, well since this is here, I shall post my commentary about this mod at long last.

I've never actually played ZH online; heard many mixed opinions about it and kept my distance. But decided to give it a shot today since nothing else was going down.

First off, the good stuff: The maps are very cinematic and beautiful in their own way. The environments, though sometimes lacking in extra details, look great and the atmosphere is usually just right. I really dig the one map with the skybox that has meteors flying around crashing and exploding all over the place.

The game concept is also pretty cool. The weapons and effects look and feel pretty good (although that shotgun firing sound...ugh). But it's definitely the map visuals that certainly stand out.

Now, for the bad (the criticism). First and foremost, the mod is extremely unbalanced. Some maps the zombies rain utter supreme, other maps the humans are practically invincible. This mostly has to do with the whole "knockback" mechanic. For example, the map with the (ripped) Pirates of the Caribbean music, at the end the players must climb up some ropes and onto a boat. If the humans camp the ropes, it is literally impossible for the zombies to get up to them at all. There are many instances like this in other maps. What I suggest is giving the zombies the ability to either: A) Jump MUCH higher than normal, or B) Climb up and scale any wall surface they claw at (look on the ZDoom forums for Cutman's "Climbing Claws" mod for an example if needed). This will give the zombies more mobility, prevent players from camping/exploiting normally unreachable locations, AND take care of the problem I had just described.

Another big problem is getting lost on the maps. A good handful (if not most) of the maps are not linear, so both humans and zombies can get lost really, really easily. Sure, there are map markers on some of them, but it's a bit irritating to have to open the map just to see where to go. I suggest implementing the HudMessageOnActor() function and making use of that. And, not to implicitly use WhoDunIt as an example, but like WDI, I also suggest using the function when a good percentage of humans are gone. This will make it a bit easier for the zombies to find the remaining players and get the round over faster, along with making things less campy.

There is likely more I could talk about (good and bad), but I stopped playing after a maps after playing both teams and seeing the major balance issues. This mod has its ups but it REALLY has to work on balance, and making sure that things aren't confusing to new players, particularly with the maps.

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 am

Also, I think you really have to do something with brightness, like adjust maps to default opengl standart. Some OGL-exclusive hosted mods are using forced DARK light mode. ZH is not using it yet. It's also not suprise that every ZH player is using LEGACY light mode. But some admins are joking with forcing dark mode where YOU CAN"T SEE SHIT on most of the maps. It makes me changing gamma all the time and it's so screwed up.
Image ImageImage

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 am

Someone forgot to put in the downloads section links to the map pack.

bazzoka
Forum Regular

Post by bazzoka » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:22 pm

Xsnake wrote: Also, those who were working on maps for the mappack should post them here again (I'm thinking of Stiff, manuelbkn, etc...) but I'm not sure these people are still around. :neutral:
well i am still hare ... :smile:
You can say good bye to your thread. Cause i am killing it.

manuelspark

Post by manuelspark » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:39 am

and the mappackproject? i have maps :c

ninjademon45

Post by ninjademon45 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:55 am

cool! and good to see you too Xsnake

i downloaded the wad from doom seeker! XD

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:43 pm

glad to see this thread back. have you seen that RQ marker addon? it punishes initial zombie rage quitters and resets the map quite nifty, imo should be included in the next version.
Last edited by mr fiat on Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:03 pm

mr fiat wrote: glad to see this thread back. have you seen that RQ marker addon? it punishes initial zombie rage quitters and resets the map quite nifty, imo should be included in the next version.
Map reset is done server-side (Konar6 uses a patched version of server, do you know?), but everything except that is my work.

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:03 pm

ZzZombo wrote:
mr fiat wrote: glad to see this thread back. have you seen that RQ marker addon? it punishes initial zombie rage quitters and resets the map quite nifty, imo should be included in the next version.
Map reset is done server-side (Konar6 uses a patched version of server, do you know?), but everything except that is my work.
:o that's quite interesting.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:27 pm

a friend of mine wants to make a map for zh he wonders which game configuration he needs to use. is it zdoom in hexen format or something else?

manuelspark

Post by manuelspark » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:52 pm

LoL i have 2 maps ZM & ZE but he never received and are fun :D

Zedek The Plague Doctor

Clan: OLAF METAL
Clan Tag: [OLAF]

Post by Zedek The Plague Doctor » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Zombie Horde is an underrated mod, but it's alright. It doesn't need to be extremely modern, but I felt the need to alter the weapons a bit.

This wad is a smooth weapons wad, altering all weapons for aesthetic appeal. I tried to keep them as close to the originals as possible, so here it is. Maybe it could be put on the Grandvoid server sometime. Enjoy.

Download Link

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:56 pm

hey Xsnake, does have zombie horde some no infection item? because i saw a dud two times that doesn´t get infected, he ended dead with all the tries of infection lol, on the next round the same, but he couldn´t win (all the zombies was on the 3d copter xD), ahh have another one but it wasn´t he, he got infected but all the zombies died (and the score show there was one zombie O_o when he disconnected then it have 0 zombies lol...

Well, I love the mod, the one thing that maybe i would like to see is some new maps :)

EDIT:about the weapons, i think it´s good the actual weapons (maybe a bfg9000 secret weapon would be nice to see hehehe)
Last edited by ibm5155 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:21 am

Zedek The Plague Doctor wrote: Zombie Horde is an underrated mod, but it's alright. It doesn't need to be extremely modern, but I felt the need to alter the weapons a bit.

This wad is a smooth weapons wad, altering all weapons for aesthetic appeal. I tried to keep them as close to the originals as possible, so here it is. Maybe it could be put on the Grandvoid server sometime. Enjoy.

Download Link
Something like this had been already on the server but it was removed in a day or so because of weapons kickback and rage of "pro" whose said they can't get used to new timing of weapons.

Vegeta

Post by Vegeta » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:43 pm

While the idea of the smooth weapons is good, I don't think the effects and animations fit in DOOM. For stuff like this we can play modern or semi modern games.
The sounds also while more realistic turn old quickly. The original sounds for the weapons were very distinctive, it was impossible to confuse each weapon sound, now shotgun and rifle sound (and look) more or less the same and the chaingun doesn't sound enough different either. And the sound for explosions doesn't differ enough from gun shots.
I know this aims for realism, but DOOM has little place for that.

Just my opinions, I know others will think different.
Last edited by Vegeta on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manuelspark

Post by manuelspark » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:33 pm

where i can upload my maps?

bazzoka
Forum Regular

Post by bazzoka » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:00 pm

you can upload on MediaFire, rapidshare, dropbox.
You can say good bye to your thread. Cause i am killing it.