Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters! New Hardcore mode!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Kargaris
New User

Re: Death and Decay: More RPG! Scaling Monsters!

Post by Kargaris » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:12 am

Ivan wrote:It appears I only forgot this for the 2 chainsaws the mod has, all other weapons should be fine. I'll fix that in the next update.
Fists too, the fists don't work with it either. I'll admit I didn't test the sickle or the Excalibat, though.

EDIT: Oh, wait, were the melee weapons supposed to hit ghosts regardless? D'oh; I guess the "if it doesn't say it doesn't, it does" principle never occurred to me. Doesn't say they DON'T hit ghosts, right?

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:03 am

I played a bit, it annoys me two things: the sound of the falling blood and the sound of footsteps. Drops of blood falling too loud. Sound footsteps like someone walks behind you.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:18 am

same

i played a bit and it annoyed me how the wad crashed twice so im waiting for 3.0

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:19 am

Kargaris wrote:
Ivan wrote:It appears I only forgot this for the 2 chainsaws the mod has, all other weapons should be fine. I'll fix that in the next update.
Fists too, the fists don't work with it either. I'll admit I didn't test the sickle or the Excalibat, though.

EDIT: Oh, wait, were the melee weapons supposed to hit ghosts regardless? D'oh; I guess the "if it doesn't say it doesn't, it does" principle never occurred to me. Doesn't say they DON'T hit ghosts, right?
Nope, if it doesn't say anything just assume it does.
Doomenator wrote:I played a bit, it annoys me two things: the sound of the falling blood and the sound of footsteps. Drops of blood falling too loud. Sound footsteps like someone walks behind you.
You're literally the first person I hear that said it. I'd like more opinions on this before I change things.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:53 am

$rolloff ftw
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:02 am

Ivan wrote:You're literally the first person I hear that said it. I'd like more opinions on this before I change things.
Imagine the situation. You walk down the street and step on a puddle...
One passerby says to you: Look you're standing in a puddle.
And you answered him: You're literally the first person I hear that said it. I'd like more opinions on this before I will come out of puddle.
Damn, I so long did not laugh, thanks you. :biggrin:

P.S. Those ten passers that walking past just doesn't care that you will have wet feet.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:53 am

I think your analogy is faulty. Whether or not somebody is standing in a puddle is not a matter of opinion, but whether or not a sound is annoying IS a matter of opinion.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:37 am

Empyre wrote:I think your analogy is faulty. Whether or not somebody is standing in a puddle is not a matter of opinion, but whether or not a sound is annoying IS a matter of opinion.
Stand in a puddle someone may like it. :biggrin:
In another case. The presence or absence of the opinions does not change the fact that the problem exists.
And someone will stand in a puddle because no one makes comments. Or he'll stand in a puddle if this suits the majority.
I don't even want to discuss it, because I do not care there will be changes or not. I'll change what I need myself. :happyface:

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:34 am

Since you are the only person that we know is annoyed by these sounds, we have only one data point. There are several possible causes. Your volume might be to high. The way you have your PC set up might be amplifying those particular frequencies. You might be unusually sensitive to those sounds. Or, the sounds might actually be annoying. If other people voice their opinion, we would then have more data points to determine whether the problem is the sounds or just you. Please know that I don't mean that I think that you are a problem, just that maybe it is only you who has a problem with the sounds.

Once we have other people reporting what they see from other angles, we might confirm that he is indeed standing in a puddle, or we might find out that it was you, not him, in the puddle all along, or we might discover that the puddle was only a mirage, or maybe he is standing next to the puddle, but it looks from your viewing angle as if he were in the puddle. Other viewpoints are needed to learn the truth. I still think that it is still a bad analogy.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:15 pm

Empyre wrote:Since you are the only person that we know is annoyed by these sounds, we have only one data point. There are several possible causes. Your volume might be to high. The way you have your PC set up might be amplifying those particular frequencies. You might be unusually sensitive to those sounds. Or, the sounds might actually be annoying. If other people voice their opinion, we would then have more data points to determine whether the problem is the sounds or just you. Please know that I don't mean that I think that you are a problem, just that maybe it is only you who has a problem with the sounds.

Once we have other people reporting what they see from other angles, we might confirm that he is indeed standing in a puddle, or we might find out that it was you, not him, in the puddle all along, or we might discover that the puddle was only a mirage, or maybe he is standing next to the puddle, but it looks from your viewing angle as if he were in the puddle. Other viewpoints are needed to learn the truth. I still think that it is still a bad analogy.
Clearly, you just decided trolling me. As I have already hinted, if the problem is no one speaks, it does not mean that it is not.
This is not the only mod where the step sound are implemented in a similar way. Put on your headphones and take a step to left then step to the right. Check the volume level of the falling drops of blood, and steps for example and compare them with real. If everything is OK, the issue is closed.
Only for me It seems to me that the steps are shift from the center and drops of blood fall like pieces of meat and are louder than they should. These are all my hallucinations. :biggrin:

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:04 am

I'll admit that I have been lazy and haven't tried it out for myself. Just to prove that I am not trying to troll you, I'll shut up now, at least until when and if I try it out myself.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Hmm, what could this be for?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Hint:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:07 am

crash fix ?

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:08 pm

good mod ivan play everybody thank
Imageimg

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:41 pm

I had a fun sesh the other day.

The menu can be a bit cumbersome at times, would be nice if pressing left backed you up to the left column.

I like all the recent improvements you've made to the mod in general, gj ivan drago

ZandroSkins

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Ænima wrote:I had a fun sesh the other day.

The menu can be a bit cumbersome at times, would be nice if pressing left backed you up to the left column.

I like all the recent improvements you've made to the mod in general, gj ivan drago
Due to the way I wrote the menu code the request is currently not possible. Might see if I can do it in the future though.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:09 am

Ivan wrote:
Ænima wrote:I had a fun sesh the other day.

Due to the way I wrote the menu code the request is currently not possible. Might see if I can do it in the future though.
I'll take a look at it.

ZandroSkins

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:46 pm

I noticed that the Ebony Cannon's projectiles disappear into water. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior but it makes it difficult to use on liquid flats unless you land direct hits on monsters. I recommend adding +CANBOUNCEWATER to those projectiles.

Also, the Lead Spitter is visually confusing. It appears to have a disposable energy pack that the player changes when reloading, yet it ejects grey shells everywhere. So is it a shell-filled magazine (with its own barrel and reciever) instead? Doesn't really affect gameplay, it just confused me. :p

ZandroSkins

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Ænima wrote:I noticed that the Ebony Cannon's projectiles disappear into water. I'm not sure if this is intended behavior but it makes it difficult to use on liquid flats unless you land direct hits on monsters. I recommend adding +CANBOUNCEWATER to those projectiles.

Also, the Lead Spitter is visually confusing. It appears to have a disposable energy pack that the player changes when reloading, yet it ejects grey shells everywhere. So is it a shell-filled magazine (with its own barrel and reciever) instead? Doesn't really affect gameplay, it just confused me. :p
I'll add the flag, thanks for that!

Nah it doesn't recharge really, I just couldn't find an eject clip fitting for it. The gun just has visuals to indicate it's preparing to fire. (After reloading, the green thing fills) Honestly I'd love a recolor on the gun to make it blue instead of green but it ends up looking bad when I try to do it myself with the simple ways I know...

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:36 am

can u show the acs source? im curious about how works the scaling monster