ZDoom Wars 1: v3.15d (updated 2/6/19)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Re: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.1b & Map Pack 1.8b -8/26/16 update

Post by Ivan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:23 pm

SwordGrunt wrote:
Ivan wrote:I don't like the Order Bishop change. It's very easy to defend against (no-ghost hit) and really just a niche unit. Not only that but you made it taller, so how are we supposed to place it now? The areas where we could hardly place one are gone now so it's more of a niche unit than before. Honestly I don't know why you even wanted to touch the height.
Their sprite height is at least 110 units tall so having their hitbox be half of that is ridiculous. Their projectiles were really damn strong and needed to be toned down a bit since they could still hit ghosts in melee range with the blast damage (Spectres particularly have a bad time killing them). I think the explosion damage reduction was a good way to go but the impact damage nerf could be overkill, we'll see.
The fact that it could indirectly defend itself is a good thing, it's like Yetis. (Now not possible for them, I still find it sad...) The thing is that unit is particularly weak against flying ghost units like Heretic, Hexen or Chex have. Letting it be strong against some factions I'd say is not a bad thing at all.

Also, that sprite height thing can be resolved by the actor summoning invisible hitbox actors to fill the gap. That way we'd have no difficulty spawning a normal unit like that and you'd get your hitbox thing. I'd put that hitbox actor idea to serious consideration, as I'm pretty sure Meshwalkers are also suffering from this placement problem.

Mr. Repo

Post by Mr. Repo » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:40 am

I definitely can see both sides of the coin here.

The height increase is a bit excessive considering mostly heroes are above 100. Overall though, the height is all over the place and probably should be regulated and I'll probably figure that out in the coming weeks to have this all make sense because yeah, Mesh Walkers are 112, yet a Rev is 56 which is absolute bullshit. I think I'll revise this for tomorrow and drop Bishops to 80 (Undead Knights are 78) while fixing a few other screw ups and call it a day. I also had made these changes a while ago on the 'a' priv builds and they seemed to test fine, but I'll admit I may have went overboard when messing with the Order Bishops a bit. I just didn't like how they'd slaughter Menelkirs like crazy considering they're the closest relative unit in terms of function.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:39 am

Mr. Repo wrote:I definitely can see both sides of the coin here.

The height increase is a bit excessive considering mostly heroes are above 100. Overall though, the height is all over the place and probably should be regulated and I'll probably figure that out in the coming weeks to have this all make sense because yeah, Mesh Walkers are 112, yet a Rev is 56 which is absolute bullshit. I think I'll revise this for tomorrow and drop Bishops to 80 (Undead Knights are 78) while fixing a few other screw ups and call it a day. I also had made these changes a while ago on the 'a' priv builds and they seemed to test fine, but I'll admit I may have went overboard when messing with the Order Bishops a bit. I just didn't like how they'd slaughter Menelkirs like crazy considering they're the closest relative unit in terms of function.
That might also indicate a weakness in Menelkir side. I really don't like using those guys at all, not worth for 40/20...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Did the Menelkir slaughter happen after the hp buff or prior?

Mr. Repo

Post by Mr. Repo » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:33 pm

Before I edited them Menelkirs would just get wasted and only take about 25% of the hp from Order Bishops before dying. Kind of ridiculous and I have no idea why their hp was so low compared to the other two Hexen bosses. I wanted to address both issues and they seem to have done the trick with the edits.

The Order Bishops before I edited them Did 9 damage per missile + 64 on A_Explode. Menelkir just did 9 damage and had 275 less health than Bishops with a MinMissileChance of 100.

Now the Bishops do 7 damage per missile, with 48 on their A_Explode along with the doubled height. Menelkir still does 9 damage, has 900hp, and a MinMissileChance of 90.

I think the changes with the exception of the doubled height are more than fair, but I'm still waiting for feedback on how Bishops perform and am willing to adjust the damage back if its too much. I'll make a revised version likely tonight or tomorrow with these changes:

-Order Bishops height dropped

-Programmer's AI reverted and modified so it runs away and to remove the melee attack

-Fixing projectile bugs on Maximus, Super Cyclops, and Flembominations

-Coding in the ZDW Item Replacement from a few years ago straight into the wad for single player compatibility

If there's anything else or something I should consider, by all means bring it forward.

Mr. Repo

Re: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.1d & Map Pack 1.8b

Post by Mr. Repo » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:34 pm

Another update!
Spoiler: Data V3.1d (Open)
-Menelkir: Lowered the cost from 40/20 to 30/15

-Mana would not properly regenerate in modes like coop, survival ect ect...

-Ettin(upgraded): Upgraded Ettin's had the chance to be permanently invulnerable

-Maximus' cost on the full screen hud was the beta price of 40/12 and not 50/15 as it should have been
Download: http://zdwi.neszone.net/downloads/ZDoomWarsIv3.1d.pk3

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 am

-Ettin(upgraded): Upgraded Ettin's had the chance to be permanently invulnerable

nice tournament settings

bruiserdaemon
Forum Regular

Post by bruiserdaemon » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:39 pm

First i will thank you for a game which is both smart and fun to play. Will we ever have a chance to play a quake faction? I know 3d models don't look good in doom but still, it'd be awesome.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Sounds like you need to make an addon. Repo may or may not be working on a new OFFICIAL class though...........................[ ].....

Mr. Repo

Post by Mr. Repo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:50 am

^ I still want to do this... eventually.
bruiserdaemon wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:39 pm
First i will thank you for a game which is both smart and fun to play. Will we ever have a chance to play a quake faction? I know 3d models don't look good in doom but still, it'd be awesome.
Such a late response, but not by my hands. Sorry. I'm honestly surprised this add on class doesn't exist yet.

Also daily reminder that you can read the changelog anytime in game by typing changelog in the console of your Zan 3.0 machine.
Spoiler: Data 3.1e & f changelog (Open)
3.1F:

General:

-Had some issues with the 'A_SkullPop' function on Heretic/Hexen death frames being overwritten to the cleric head only. Now it's replaced with the generic skull sprite that the engine defaults to

-Zandronum 3.0 also broke the 'ZDW_SummonerSpeed' CVar

Doom:

Zombieman Summoner: Added in a CVar that controls how often SS Nazis are spawned. 'ZDW_SSNaziSpawnRate' is the CVar name and the default value is 1. This can be adjusted from 0 to 256

Revenant(Rail): Dropped Rev's painchance from 100 to 70

Heretic:

-Rebalanced the tech trees on both sides a bit. It now takes 6 Ghosted Undead Knights to unlock Ophidians/Gaspods and 4 of those to unlock Iron Lich. It also now takes 8 Weredragons to unlock Maulotaur instead of 5

Maulotaur: Increased the cost of the Maulotaur from 60/50 to 70/60

-Monsters who are ghosts by default (not counting altfire spawns) would make other monsters targeting them to shoot inaccurately much like how invisibility affects players

-The accuracy problem with being ghosted was also fixed for players as well. Monsters will now accurately target ghosted players

-The Sirena skin had issues with both sets of death sprites ending on odd frames

Hexen:

Zedek: Adjusted the projectile attack from 8 damage to 6

Korax: Increased the cost of the Korax from 100/90 to 120/110

Heresiarch: Yellow Heresiarchs were silver thanks to a miscopied translation. They also would have a chance to be permanently invulnerable (Sword)

Strife:

Rebel Summoner: Added in a CVar that controls how often Macil is spawned. 'ZDW_MacilSpawnRate' is the CVar name and the default value is 16. This can be adjusted from 0 to 256

Templar(Sniper): Dropped Templar's painchance from 100 to 70

Repair Drone: Repair Drones would not work in LMS

Programmer: Applied the Entity frightened fix to the Programmer

Virus:

Mesh Flier: Lowered the price from 40/12 to 30/10 on Mesh Fliers

3.1E:

General:

-You could abuse hero monsters states by constantly teleporting them (Gardevoir)

-New Translations: Maulotaur(R)

Doom:

Chaingunner: Green Team Chaingunners were immune to red team attacks, and could be damaged by green team allies

Pain Elemental(s): Both types of Pain Elementals still could double spawn

Heretic:

Maulotaur: Green Maulotaurs had the incorrect translation and appeared red

Ghost Wave stopped working properly since the 3.0 release

Hexen:

Hereisarch: Heresiarch's purple ball beam could not aim properly since the engine upgrade

Enchant: Lowered the radius of the blast from 225 to 175 to match Heretic's Ghost Wave projectile

Enchant stopped working properly since the 3.0 release

Strife:

Entity: Attempted to curb the Entity's aggressiveness once again

Repair Drone: Repair Drone's cost was incorrectly displayed on both the weapon messages and new style hud
Spoiler: Maps 1.8c (Open)
-Replaced ZDWars40 with Barren (sorry gry)

-Fixed ZDWars28's slope issues

-Fixed ZDWars 42's swimmable sector in the middle
DOWNLOADS ARE BELOW THIS TEXT:

3.1f: https://static.allfearthesentinel.net/w ... iv3.1f.pk3
Maps1.8c: https://static.allfearthesentinel.net/w ... sv1.8c.pk3

Whoops, ZDWars is already dead so this was a moot point. I did a great job ruining the Maul rush so now no one will ever want to play again. RIP. See you in time for Zan 4.0.

Mr. Repo

Re: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.15b (updated 11/7/18)

Post by Mr. Repo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 am

Can't believe I'm still doing this mod. Anyway.

Note: I strongly urge whomever hosts/plays this to do it on the latest 3.1 alpha. In this build the AI has improved so much that monsters now behave the same online as they do offline. AI hasn't been this responsive since the Skulltag days so this is a huge and welcome surprise. Furthermore TLMS AI has NEVER HAD reliable/decent monster behavior so the frustration factor for stuff not working there has dropped tremendously since it seems LMS/TLMS monsters act pretty much the same now. No more Zombies getting distracted by a shiny Afrit 400 miles away and pacifist Cyberdemons who are against shooting their rockets. /Note
Spoiler: 3.15b changelog (Open)
General:

-All monsters (except those that cost 2 mana) now have partial reimbursements. The amounts are like this: heroes still are 50%, Blue Mana monsters 40%, Pink 30%, Green 20%

-Of course CVars are made in case you wanted to adjust the values yourself. They are ZDW_HeroReimbursementPercentage, ZDW_EliteReimbursementPercentage, ZDW_MidReimbursementPercentage, ZDW_LowReimbursementPercentage

-Doing this also allowed for the mod to be cleaned up considerably. Tens of thousands of lines of Decorate and about 20+ ACS scripts have been removed entirely. Internally everything is a lot more streamlined

-Added in hud scaling to both full screen and normal ones. They're not as perfect as they used to be, but they should be much much more usable on all resolutions now

-Made a quick (and rough) indicator on both huds to tell you what heroes you have alive and how many you've summoned. They # = total made and ^ means alive. These appear when a hero has been made

-Also made a counter that tracks how much mana you've picked up per game. Regular hud puts it in white above the Mana bars and full screen hud puts it to the right of the flight/ghost symbols

-You can now select your color on LMS mode. If you have a double class/color you will automatically be reassigned to a different color for now... (Vilde)

-Added information about what monsters can pierce invulnerability on their cost message

-When you die now your unlock progress (summoners, monsters made to next tier) is now saved (Sword)

-Removed the ban class cVars because they never worked correctly.

-Same goes for the 'old school hud' cvar since you can pretty much do that easier with other wads now

General:

Chex:

Flem Meteor: You can now altfire Flem Meteors to spawn the version without the common flemoid split at the original 40/20 price

Flem Meteor(Upgrade): Quickly threw together an upgrade sprite that matches the upgrade flemspores. Just a quick dark outline to tell the difference between the two

Balance:

Doom

-Added in a cVar for LMS SS Nazi spawns. 'ZDW_LMSSSNaziSpawnRate' is the name and the default value is 0

-Adjusted the number of unlocks in the center tech tree. It now takes 6 instead of 8 Chaingunners to unlock Revs, and 6 instead of 5 Mancubus to unlock Arachnotrons

-Dropped armor amounts have doubled across the board. 10,30,50, and 75 armor drops can now be picked up from monsters/players

Heretic:

Ophidian: Ophidian's fire projectiles can now pierce invulnerability

Hexen:

Bishop: Enchanted Bishops now pierce invulnerability

Strife:

-Upgrade stamina now gives you +10 max hp and can now give you a total of +100hp

Shadow Acolytes: Raised their hp from 110 to 13 and sped up their attack state by 1 tic

Stalker: Dropped their health from 120 to 100

Reaver: Increased Reaver's projectile damage by 1, and increased their melee speed.

Loremaster: Loremasters can now pierce invulnerability

Inquisitor: Inquisitor can now pierce invulnerability

Virus:

Treadmill: Adjusted the spawn state back to the very old tic values. The tics were increased back when treads could be revived to help the colors change so this was now pointless

Mill: Mills can now pierce invulnerability

Mesh Flier: Reverted the Mesh Flier's missile explosion damage back to the old values from 3.0

Bugs:

-As a byproduct of the new reimbursement code, all the broken TLMS field counts and reimbursements now work correctly

-Flying monsters could sometimes double summon and produce 2 units for the price of one (Sword)

-Fixed a few typos in certain monster messages

Doom:

-Dual Pain Elementals would take the wrong amount of mana when summoned

-Vanilla Cyberdemons could not be removed with the monster remover. Gee I wonder why no one found this bug

-Spider Masterminds summonballs had the wrong radius which made them easier to failsummon

Heretic:

-Maulotaurs would reimburse for their old value

-D'Sparil's 'Lost serpent' and 'Slain' log messages were reversed

-The mini tech tree would leave a gap on Undead Knight Ghosts when the next tier was unlocked

Hexen

-Green Chaos Serpents could not be enchanted

-Traductus had the wrong hp value on monster messages. Said 700 but should have been 800

-Heresiarchs could STILL become permanently invulnerable (Sword)

Strife:

-Rebels summonballs didn't have absolute velocity

Stalkers(upgraded): Blue team Stalkers when hit with the repair drone would turn red

-Repair Drone summonballs had the wrong radius which made them easier to failsummon

-Green Inquisitors go to the deathstate when removed

Chex:

Slime Carrier: Slime Carriers STILL WOULD SPAWN HOSTILE FLEMOIDS. THIS IS THE 5TH TIME THIS HAS BEEN ADDRESSED, AND I'M CERTAIN IT IS NOW FIXED FOR GOOD

-Lord Snotfolus could be spawned in mid air

Virus:

-Turret summonballs had the wrong radius which made them easier to failsummon

-Both Virus and Chex hero summonballs were glitched (maybe it's time to start looking for unique sprites...)
Download: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... v3.15b.pk3

SilverKhaos77
New User

Post by SilverKhaos77 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Hey so I had an idea, and I want to know what you thought of it.

I wanted to know if it would be possible to do a game mode like Master of Puppets, but with Summoners in place of Puppet Masters. Or have a game mode where you have a Team of "Marines" (Any class that could be programmed to work with their weapons, like Doom Guy, Chexguy, ect) protecting a VIP (A Summoner), trying to protect your summoner while killing everyone else's.

If it makes it easier to program, you can have mana be used as Ammo for the "Marines" With Hero mana being used for Massive Weapons like BFGs. I love the mod, but I would like to mix it up some while keeping the Summoners around. And since it might be OP to have them start with weapons like the BFG, you could have it where they are unlocked as time progresses, starting with basic shotguns and pistols off the bat.

I am not a programmer, but I would love to hear what you think of that idea!

Mr. Repo

Re: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.15c

Post by Mr. Repo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Interesting that your post would suggest a new game mode. I've had lord knows how many class suggestions over the years, but I can only think of a few times where anyone suggested a new game mode. Very nice!

It's honestly a pretty good idea and as a matter of fact TerminusEst13 made a similar add on for ZDWars several years back just not as specific. The mod was called ZDWars Heroes and you control playerclasses with their appropriate weapons that run off mana while you battle against players with normal summoners. I dug it up recently and that concept along with several others lately have been brought up to create new game mode(s) so the timing of your post is impeccable.

While I can't guarantee your exact concept will be used, but it's definitely been noted and I can at least say actual weapons will be used at some point down the line somewhere. I think maybe instead of VIPs that you could select roles (eg. summoners to build/protect fortifications etc) could be interesting to flesh out considering this technically is a war based game. Definitely some stuff to consider there.

In the meantime two new game modes are being worked on for the next couple of releases. Next map pack will have the 5cp maps making game mode officially part of the mod while the other game mode will come out whenever the main data pk3 is updated again. We're hoping to slowly rekindle some interest and remove the aspects of the game that people find off-putting. Should be interesting to see how it all works out.

SilverKhaos77
New User

Post by SilverKhaos77 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Honestly, I don't mind if the concept as a whole is used, It would be nice to just change it up a bit from just playing a Summoner all the time, but I still love the maps and the game mod as a whole, I had never heard of ZDWars Heroes but that sounds really cool! I can't wait to see it all

Mr. Repo

Re: ZDoom Wars 1: v3.15d (updated 2/6/19)

Post by Mr. Repo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:05 am

New release time. The more noteworthy points are:

-A dev team has been assembled for the first time in a long time. The team consists of myself, Sword, mik57, Vilde, and Anomaly so hopefully this ushers in a new era for this rather old mod. I'm very grateful and happy to have such extremely talented guys on board so here's to some excellent new concepts & maps in the coming months.

-A new game mode 5CP (yes it's based off TF2 CP) has also been integrated into the pk3s. 5CP uses the 'team game' game mode so it also eliminates the whole round waiting element of ZDWars entirely which makes for some very chaotic game play, but in a good way. Testing it these past few months has been a blast and it's definitely worth checking out if you have not already. This also was almost entirely Sword's creation so a big thanks to him for making this concept a reality.

-I've also made a Discord server for the mod since it seems everyone and everything has one these days. Join us over at https://discord.gg/tScXuKa

Spoiler: 3.15d Changelog (Open)

-5cp is now fully integrated within the main mod and will now automatically work when this is hosted with the 'Team Game' game mode. Maplist consists of ZDW5CP1-ZDW5CP8

Undead Knight (Ghost): Increased Red Knight's health from 380 to 400, and increased their damage by 1 (also affects normal knights as well), and melee from 9 to 10

Loremaster: Added '+DONTREFLECT' to Loremaster's chains which was admittedly an oversight. They can now pull invulnerable monsters as intended

Slime Carrier: STILL PRODUCED HOSTILE FLEMOIDS. BRUTE FORCE FIX. WILL WORK. HOPEFULLY.
Spoiler: Maps 1.8d Changelog (Open)
-Added in the 5cp maps making the game mode completely internal to the ZDWars pk3s.

Added a new map ZDWars45: Tomb Oasis by Grymmoire

ZDWars2: Reconfigured the tech base to make it less fortified, the slime now teleports monsters instead of killing them, opened up the brown cliff area next to the tech base, made the grey platform in front of the hellscape base able to skirmish with the tech base (to some degree)

Downloads:
3.15d Data: http://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum ... v3.15d.pk3
1.8d Maps: Link: http://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronum ... sv1.8d.pk3

Nerd_667
New User

Post by Nerd_667 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Hello, i've played this game for quite some time ( at least 1-2 years ) and i have some critics to express. The game took obviously a lot of time to reach the actual state, so it deserves at least some respect, and it is by itself quite good but:

1: there are trolls populating the servers. People who will camp in narrow spots, making the game 1-2 or even 3 or more hours long, just because they like the idea. The other players can't join until the game is over. Then, some people are very aggressive, they will say things like " you suck ", " never come back again ", " i win hahaha ".... They can go as far as persecute you forever, across the servers, and mocking you because you are a newb, leaving you no choice but change nickname. The names ( of the trolls ) are like " elegido, tragedy, trigger_butthurt, and some others... ", they also use aliases a lot so you never know who your opponent is. These people are still populating the servers, because the obviously like the idea ( to troll people )

2: game balancement: it is a bit punishing. You fail a boss summon, it will take away a large portion of your mana. You spawn a cyberdemon in a narrow spot, supported by arachnotrons and rail revenants, it makes for a very powerful base, making the game last for hours. Or even forever. There are situations where one of the two must surrender, lest you want to play for 4-5 hours, or more.

3: punishing game mechanics: as i said if you fail a boss summon, it will take away a portion of your mana. Same goes for other units. Noobs are likely to fail summons so... noobs are unlikely to come back. They see the game as something too hard, too complicated. And then, if you take a random hit by korax, cyberdemon, or d'sparil, or Felix, it is game over... it means that even if you are winning, you can still lose because a boss decided all of a sudden to hit you, and kill you consequentially. And generally, if you don't know the game VERY WELL, it is basically a game over for you. There are also " hidden features ", that new players obviously don't know and are unlikely to know anytime soon ( like flame mancubus doing extra damage to yetis, centaurs/slaughtaurs reflecting projectiles, heresiarch being invincible to all but a few monsters, like cyberdemon and inquisitor, or sniper templars and some others )

Conclusion: potentially good game, ruined by a few people, and game unbalancements.

Suggestions: make bosses a bit weaker, and less expensive. The problem with " boss camping " is thus solved. Give 100% refund for failed summons, and the noob problem is solved ( noobs will fail a lot of summons, but with 100% refund, they have some chance at least ). Some creatures are notoriously very powerful if placed correctly, meaning, on small towers ( arachnotrons, yetis, rail revenants ). They can kind of ruin the game but, well, it depends on player skill. They are anyway very strong as they are, unless wasted in a stupid manner, like placing them in an wide area. And you could at least specify in the creature description, which monsters can pierce heresiarch, and which cannot. It will actually help the game a lot.

Matiu
Posts a lot
Clan: FS (ZD)
Clan Tag: Your Pal

Post by Matiu » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Nerd_667 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 pm
1: there are trolls populating the servers. People who will camp in narrow spots, making the game 1-2 or even 3 or more hours long, just because they like the idea. The other players can't join until the game is over. Then, some people are very aggressive, they will say things like " you suck ", " never come back again ", " i win hahaha ".... They can go as far as persecute you forever, across the servers, and mocking you because you are a newb, leaving you no choice but change nickname. The names ( of the trolls ) are like " elegido, tragedy, trigger_butthurt, and some others... ", they also use aliases a lot so you never know who your opponent is. These people are still populating the servers, because the obviously like the idea ( to troll people )
There's a Tip if you're with guys like Ghostkiller, Elegido or anything else: IGNORE.

just don't take care of these guys, just ignore and thats all... they just come for attention as well, you don't need to act attempting to took them down without any advantage, it's just an game, if you want to mute these guys out there's an ignore option to not feel like that.
Current FS member (ZDaemon), former GOH member, former SNS Staff and former ZDaemon Discord Admin.
Youtube Channel | Matiu's Purple World | Instagram | Twitter

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Nerd_667 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:52 pm
How can you take this seriously? Because what you see in front of you is a monitor screen. Man or bot, it doesn't matter. Learn to control and adequately perceive the reality around you. The advices of seasoned trolls. :D

Nerd_667
New User

Post by Nerd_667 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:09 pm

MetalGuy213 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:22 pm
There's a Tip if you're with guys like Ghostkiller, Elegido or anything else: IGNORE.

just don't take care of these guys, just ignore and thats all... they just come for attention as well, you don't need to act attempting to took them down without any advantage, it's just an game, if you want to mute these guys out there's an ignore option to not feel like that.
The problem is: these trolls can alias their name, you never know who your opponent is, they will eventually succeed in their purpose, because they know the game quite well. Consequentially they will troll you, persecute you, follow you across the servers, just to remind you that you suck at zdwars (!!).... Sometimes even the server's admin is actually an old troll... it already happened that people got banned for reasons unknown. Then there are those guys who don't want to accept defeat and will camp for hours in a narrow spot, or will run forever across the map trying to escape death.

It is a weird game, that takes a lot of experience and has some punishing game mechanics ( like failing a boss summon will take away a large portion of your mana, you can be killed by a random hit, you can make the game last for hours by camping )