[Split] how would the league/doom change if audio on item pickups was turned off

Moderator: Global Doom Association

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Re: how would the league/doom change if global audio on item pickups was turned off

Post by Razgriz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:59 am

Seems like someone is mad they came back and realized they still can't run, though I'm sure the power of ZCC will somehow be able to bypass all those disadvantages anyways.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Re: how would the league/doom change if global audio on item pickups was turned off

Post by Mobius » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm

legion wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:42 pm
nobody gives a shit about vanilla, nobody gives a shit about zdaemon, nobody gives a shit about outdated zdoom semantics.

im talking about how people cried for the classic zdaemon settings and so the rules have been standardized to the point where its basically all the settings (except this audio pickup issue) from the old zdaemon and odamex leagues

I have no steaks in the game other than to point this out.

Edit! ok so now I know what you're crying about I have to ask:

Where on the doom marine did they beat you?
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

ARGENTVM
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

[Split] how would the league/doom change if audio on item pickups was turned off

Post by ARGENTVM » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:28 am

The more I read this thread, the more glad I am that Sponge does not push for Classic DooM Tournaments at QuakeCon.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Re: how would the league/doom change if audio on item pickups was turned off

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:50 pm

my turn: you're all shit, you didn't join the league because you were afraid of losing, a3 has been reduced to a mm8bdm clan, and even the lowest tier GDA players could probably beat you in any ctf match. hopefully ive covered all the bases
Dranzer did join though lol. I'm shit because I don't play anymore and I'm surprised you're still playing at age 35.

And what's wrong with megaman? Or even playing other things? Not everyone has the time or interest in trying to recapture the IDL on ZDaemon glory years.
as it always should have been. zandro priv and competitive leagues have basically cannibalized all relevant flags from zdaemon/odamex competitive settings (see: no air control/accel and flags falling through specific floors come to mind). this was an outlier that benefits defenders on specific maps a significant amount.
Yep, punish defenders and make it easier to run. So who did you lose to again?

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm

my turn: you're all shit, you didn't join the league because you were afraid of losing, a3 has been reduced to a mm8bdm clan, and even the lowest tier GDA players could probably beat you in any ctf match. hopefully ive covered all the bases
Didn't we beat your ass when it mattered? Didn't I humiliate you on King1? What's your point even, delusional old man... Is this little league your last hope of proving yourself or something? You're years late for that, if so...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

legion
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by legion » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:50 pm
Dranzer did join though lol. I'm shit because I don't play anymore and I'm surprised you're still playing at age 35.

And what's wrong with megaman? Or even playing other things? Not everyone has the time or interest in trying to recapture the IDL on ZDaemon glory years.
wow 1 guy. great showing for clan A3. round of applause for you guys.
i play because im still interested in doom and there still is decent competition. you're welcome to play other things, but you have to play in order for your pathetic whinging to hold any weight.
megaman is shit and your clan being good at it is the equivalent of tom brady and the patriots playing football against a team of quadruple amputees, or the cleveland browns, whichever is better.
Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:50 pm
as it always should have been. zandro priv and competitive leagues have basically cannibalized all relevant flags from zdaemon/odamex competitive settings (see: no air control/accel and flags falling through specific floors come to mind). this was an outlier that benefits defenders on specific maps a significant amount.
Yep, punish defenders and make it easier to run. So who did you lose to again?
haven't lost anything to anyone yet, have yet to play a game in GDA. defenders already have it easy on a port which allows them to get away with bad positioning and coast on pure aim, they don't need additional help
Ivan wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:55 pm
Didn't we beat your ass when it mattered? Didn't I humiliate you on King1? What's your point even, delusional old man... Is this little league your last hope of proving yourself or something? You're years late for that, if so...
wow when did all of that shit happen, 4 years ago or more? nobody cares. play now if you think you're still good. otherwise, let the grownups do all the talking.
and there's plenty of competition still to be had. you aren't looking hard enough.

Ru5tK1ng

Split Hell

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Legion wrote:but you have to play in order for your pathetic whinging to hold any weight.
What sound reasoning. That's like saying some random doomworlder has more say than Devastation just because the former signed up. Didn't you fuck off for a long time as well? What makes you more credible than someone else when you just recently returned, relatively speaking, and signed up? Your experience? Lol I have just as much as you if not more.

I don't know why you got upset, I didn't call you shit or say you were bad. I simply asked who you lost to. ???
I don't mean official matches either because when I asked I was referring to priv. So who did you lose to again?

And before you go around flinging your 'grown up' card, you probably should fix your grammar and punctuation. Your posts read like they were written by inbred, trailer park trash.

I know you miss A3 and want us to play with you in GDA, but sorry, you're just going to have to deal with the heartache. :razz:

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am

Legion wrote:ive been gone a long time and seeing all of you post drivel in a weak attempt to attack my doom skills is comforting, in a strange manner. lets me know nothing has really changed
Zakken wrote:Alright, that's more than enough nonsense I'm willing to turn a blind eye to. If the only things you have to talk about are the OP's own skill and merit and how much better/wiser you are than them (even though, as per usual, most people guilty of this haven't had any meaningful CTF interactions or contributions in years), then please don't bother posting. Trying to pass crap like that off as discussion will net you an immediate post split from this forum.
If you guys wanted to turn this into a dick waving contest then just say so

I find it pertinent that Legion would criticize my clan for being in Megaman but here I am still doing pretty good in nu-priv. Why don't you take a page out of our book and git gud with them global sounds. You ever wanted to prove yourself try a good 2 out of 3 TLMS with cheaters like Xanman. Maybe then when you come back to CTF like, we did, you wouldn't suck so much that you need game settings to cater to you. Btw these were yesterday or the day before. I can always whip out the first time I returned to priv and fetch out my MAP08 score when I am fully rev'd.
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 am

That Laz game was awful, I shoulda ran since we didn't have real runners, otherwise yea I won a lot, I carried the lesser Texan.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:20 am

Razgriz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 am
That Laz game was awful, I shoulda ran since we didn't have real runners, otherwise yea I won a lot, I carried the lesser Texan.
Isn't it great? We don't even play and we are alright. I wouldn't say we're showing these guys what's up or anything but whatever noise Legion is on about is probably white noise cause of all the global sounds I'm hearing right now.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 am

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:44 am
Zakken wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 pm
Legion was inactive for less than a year, assumingly because of connection issues, so obviously I'm not talking about him. Carry on.
Well considering the fact that I had played handfuls of times throughout the last year surely you're not talking about me. I guess you're talking about poor Ivan? I don't know it's hard to tell behind your wall of passive aggressiveness that you tend to drag around with you.
Couldn't be talking about me, my contributions go towards the greater Zan community, not the niche CTF scene

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 am

Razgriz wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:55 am
Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:44 am
Zakken wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 pm
Legion was inactive for less than a year, assumingly because of connection issues, so obviously I'm not talking about him. Carry on.
Well considering the fact that I had played handfuls of times throughout the last year surely you're not talking about me. I guess you're talking about poor Ivan? I don't know it's hard to tell behind your wall of passive aggressiveness that you tend to drag around with you.
Couldn't be talking about me, my contributions go towards the greater Zan community, not the niche CTF scene
Maybe he means Avernus? I mean he contributes with helping other coders and making DnD. Can't be me because I am the notorious diplomat and try to bridge everyone. Who else?

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 am

So because Zakken is incredibly bias and power abusive when it comes to opinions that differ from him I am going to repost this
Legion wrote: ive been gone a long time and seeing all of you post drivel in a weak attempt to attack my doom skills is comforting, in a strange manner. lets me know nothing has really changed
Zakken wrote: Alright, that's more than enough nonsense I'm willing to turn a blind eye to. If the only things you have to talk about are the OP's own skill and merit and how much better/wiser you are than them (even though, as per usual, most people guilty of this haven't had any meaningful CTF interactions or contributions in years), then please don't bother posting. Trying to pass crap like that off as discussion will net you an immediate post split from this forum.
If you guys wanted to turn this into a dick waving contest then just say so

I find it pertinent that Legion would criticize my clan for being in Megaman but here I am still doing pretty good in nu-priv. Why don't you take a page out of our book and git gud with them global sounds. You ever wanted to prove yourself try a good 2 out of 3 TLMS with cheaters like Xanman. Maybe then when you come back to CTF like, we did, you wouldn't suck so much that you need game settings to cater to you. Btw these were yesterday or the day before. I can always whip out the first time I returned to priv and fetch out my MAP08 score when I am fully rev'd.

and for zakken:
Zakken wrote:Zakken - Today at 4:21 PM
Yeah I split everything
then unlocked the original thread
I think it's exponentially stupid that Mobius felt like putting up another thread over something as minor as this
it feels like a petty attempt to bring discussion to a place where I don't have moderation powers
No. I originally made a new thread because IdeIdoom locked the thread but now that you decide to allow Legion to flame without so much as a retaliation I think it's incredibly fair to out your underhanded bullshit.

Zakken
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:27 am

Mobius wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 am
So because Zakken is incredibly bias and power abusive when it comes to opinions that differ from him I am going to repost this
Am I abusing my powers for splitting posts that are little more than targeted harassment, or are you abusing my inability to ban you from this sub-forum by refusing to listen to my warnings and insisting on breaking the rules? Let's find out!
Mobius wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:15 am
No. I originally made a new thread because IdeIdoom locked the thread but now that you decide to allow Legion to flame without so much as a retaliation I think it's incredibly fair to out your underhanded bullshit.
Legion made zero posts since the thread's been unlocked. I filtered out the trash posts regardless of who made them. If you think my trying to establish a more civil environment and preventing threads from devolving into childish name-callings is "underhanded bullshit", then call me whatever you'd like. See if I care.