Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

My draft pick list

Post by Mobius » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:43 pm

So I figured I'd share with the community what I consider to be top picks for this season of the upcoming IFL and their prices. This is a decent list and assessment of players I have seen over the years and have dealt in priv. This list composes of what I will be picking this season for IFL and their price range, but keep in mind that the list is ordered by priority first then price. The price gauges what I am willing to pay for, but the list prioritizes who I really want and will bid high for.

here is a pastebin to currently preserve my integrity.

http://pastebin.com/5bq4B0Kz

Code: Select all

Water $25
Dranzer $20
FSN $20
Strangle $25
Otacon $15
Tobi $10
Moti $12
Humanbones $15
Demonsphere $15
Blitz $13
Galactus $15
John Zombie $12
SwiftShot $16
Dastan $14
Stipsi $10
Kiwi $10
Siferah $10
Cennou $15
Rosking (only because he's unreliable) $15
Alt_Stab $12
AVC $14
JCD $14
Karakurt $10
Skullrush $9
IAMPOO $5
Mere $5
everyone else

dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Jenova
Under Moderation

Re: My draft pick list

Post by Jenova » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:52 pm

I think this is a solid list that I mostly agree with, players I would change a little:

FSN $25
Strangle $17
Bones $20 (does he even play anymore?)
Galactus $20
AO: $15+
Rosking: $25
Cennou: $20
Demonsphere: $25 (assuming he plays, like bones)

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:54 pm

Jenova wrote:I think this is a solid list that I mostly agree with, players I would change a little:

Bones plays in every WDL basically. And since he's been interested in IFL since season 2, first try. I'd give him a shot.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Dragon wrote:
Jenova wrote:I think this is a solid list that I mostly agree with, players I would change a little:

Bones plays in every WDL basically. And since he's been interested in IFL since season 2, first try. I'd give him a shot.
Ah yeah I knew he played in WDL, I just wasn't sure if he played Zandro since I didn't see him on very often. Imo it makes more sense to rank players simply based on their skill level. If one of the good "wishy washy" players ends up being dedicated and practicing/playing, then they are definitely worth the large investment.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:58 pm

FSN $25
Strangle $17
Galactus $20
AO: $15+
Rosking: $25
Cennou: $20
Demonsphere: $25 (assuming he plays, like bones)
I didn't want to rank Ros high cause dependability. I don't know if he will reliably play and reliably play for me so it's more of a gambit to draft people I don't exactly trust. I didn't rank FSN the highest cause of the same reasons, but I know less about him flaking unlike Xavier so I gave him a better chance. AO over Cennou idk that's a stretch sorry I misread myself and Demonsphere is good but I am not throwing my chickens to roast in a stove that might not turn on.

Also bidding high on players on purpose to make others bid higher is part of my list. :^)
Last edited by Mobius on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Jenova wrote:
Dragon wrote:

Ah yeah I knew he played in WDL, I just wasn't sure if he played Zandro since I didn't see him on very often. Imo it makes more sense to rank players simply based on their skill level. If one of the good "wishy washy" players ends up being dedicated and practicing/playing, then they are definitely worth the large investment.
I'd say it's a matter of taking a risk.
Are you willing to risk it on a potential good pick? It's definitely a "high risk - high reward"-situation.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Yes that's very fair. Personally when I played in the WDL and IDL I had no problems playing with people who disliked me because we still wanted to win the season. I went off the assumption that every player will play on a team to the best of their ability.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Jenova wrote:Yes that's very fair. Personally when I played in the WDL and IDL I had no problems playing with people who disliked me because we still wanted to win the season. I went off the assumption that every player will play on a team to the best of their ability.
That is a good attitude to have but I don't know if it will just work. The incentive for certain players to play with others is low for many reasons and it's something I wouldn't want to put to chance.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Right, which is why you should message the picks before you pick them (like I've usually done in the IDL) and ask if they have any problems playing with you, their schedule, etc. Lots of factors to take into account for sure. Same thing happened back in Season 8 when I picked Saber who wasn't a very reliable player but still managed to win. If a player is not showing up because they refuse to play with a certain person then they should absolutely be banned from the league.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:08 pm

Jenova wrote:Right, which is why you should message the picks before you pick them (like I've usually done in the IDL) and ask if they have any problems playing with you, their schedule, etc. Lots of factors to take into account for sure. Same thing happened back in Season 8 when I picked Saber who wasn't a very reliable player but still managed to win. If a player is not showing up because they refuse to play with a certain person then they should absolutely be banned from the league.
I kind of agree, but even if the player does play there is no guarantee their heart is in it. I don't wanna put myself or the guy in question through a season like that. I know how that's like even if I did give 100 percent (ex: having British as a captain).

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Dragon wrote:

Bones definitely wouldn't play due to him finally reaching his life goal of winning a CTF ring after a decade of playing. Also, he doesn't like Zandronum much.

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Dragon wrote:

Bones definitely wouldn't play due to him finally reaching his life goal of winning a CTF ring after a decade of playing. Also, he doesn't like Zandronum much.
He is playing. Nothing more needs to be said.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:21 am

I know, I said that just to mock him. I know he'll read it. ;)

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:12 am

Ru5tK1ng wrote:I know, I said that just to mock him. I know he'll read it. ;)
MB > WDLCC/EB though!