33%

Total votes: 9

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Re: leaguewide survey: how do you like 3.1 so far

Post by Razgriz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:03 am

Zakken wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 pm
Successful tournaments don't come with organisers being nonchalant about how many people will show up. THAT's a fact.
I don't know, all tournaments I ran basically were "whoever signs up, plays, and I will run a schedule based on how many total it is" and I was never desperate for players under any capacity, AND they all finished. Maybe you need this desperation because you don't have the confidence to run a tournament with less than expected players. I can tell you one thing about 3.1, the problems players have with it didn't become apparent until they started taking the game seriously and trying everything they can to win. You don't get that drive in priv because of the meme culture, and any form of testing will never amount to tournament play levels. I didn't rush towards 3.1 when you asked what the league should run because I ran a recent tournament with Decay on 3.0, in which case it had an extremely varied affect from play to player during its run - a lot of it was bad. Since 3.1 wasn't even officially released as a testing building, I said 2.1.2 because at least it is the most recently used version for competitions.

But you know, I don't play CTF anymore so I don't know what I'm talking about :wonk: