IFL Autumn 2014

Moderator: Global Doom Association

Dragon
Forum Regular

RE: IEFL - Invitational European Flag League

Post by Dragon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:02 am

Week 1 exceeded my expectations - The games were amazing and we somehow gathered a very big crowd to spectate the games!
Here are the scores for those that don't find it in the first post (the lazy ones)
SW vs CW: 1 - 1 - 1
TPS vs TFS: 2 - 1 - 0 to TPS
Wumbo vs FR: 2 - 0 - 0 to Wumbo

Week 2 is up and going and I can't wait to play/spectate the games!

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:36 am

Dragon I'll upload our demo tonight, sorry for the delay

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:50 am

Samurai wrote: Dragon I'll upload our demo tonight, sorry for the delay
That's great, better late than never :)

Kara Kurt

Post by Kara Kurt » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Those were good games.

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:50 pm

[WUMBO] 2-0 [FR]

It was a fun game, although I think it was a shame that it wasn't against a team with Ide and Kiwi in it, as I feel like that would have been more of a challenge. I can see you guys doing well when Kiwi is available to you, as Ide seems to be getting better every time I see him play D

A demo for anyone interested (probably nobody): https://www.sendspace.com/file/pwav9v

GG's

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:17 am

Really not sure why the games are scheduled for tomorrow. I gave my avails and cannot play tomorrow, unless the plan was to play with Artega, Tonga and Water instead. If that's the case please ignore this post.

Just to clarify, my availability is Thursday, Sunday and potentially Saturday early evening. Either way I'm not blaming anybody and maybe I'm not even needed, I'm just a little confused to why I was asked for my availability and then I see it's scheduled for a day I can't make.
Last edited by Samurai on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 am

Samurai wrote: Really not sure why the games are scheduled for tomorrow. I gave my avails and cannot play tomorrow, unless the plan was to play with Artega, Tonga and Water instead. If that's the case please ignore this post.

Just to clarify, my availability is Thursday, Sunday and potentially Saturday early evening. Either way I'm not blaming anybody and maybe I'm not even needed, I'm just a little confused to why I was asked for my availability and then I see it's scheduled for a day I can't make.
And the answer is very simple, even though it was scheduled for a day you cannot make. The intention is to have everyone in the team play anyway, and since Togna couldn't play last week, I scheduled it when he had the time instead. So yes, the intention is indeed to have Art / Tog / Water play this week, even so it's always nice to have the 4th player that's not playing be able to attend, but in this case there was no time where you all 4 could be available at the same time.
Last edited by Dragon on Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:52 pm

Week 2 is now out of the way! It was a fast week and even though the availability was not on top for this week, we still managed to get everything done without problems!
Here are the scores for those that don't find it in the first post (the lazy ones)
CW vs TPS: 2 - 0 - 0
TFS vs Wumbo: 1 - 2 - 0
FR vs SW: 2 - 0 - 0

Good games and good luck in Week 3! Map03 is gonna be a blast!
Last edited by Dragon on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:38 am

Dragon why do you tell me in person that our game is on Sunday and then put on here that its now on Friday ???

The same happened last week, the communication here is terrible. Please next time if you / my team want me to play, at least stick to the times that you tell me the game is instead of changing it all the time.
For the record if its on Friday I cant play
Last edited by Samurai on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wirtualnosc
Forum Regular

Post by Wirtualnosc » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:39 am

That's weird, last time I checked it said Sunday for your team.
[20:19] <+IdeIdoom> join #VGL
[20:19] <+IdeIdoom> oh fuck
[20:19] <+IdeIdoom> I FORGOT the /
[20:19] <+IdeIdoom> biggest fail

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Samurai wrote: Dragon why do you tell me in person that our game is on Sunday and then put on here that its now on Friday ???

The same happened last week, the communication here is terrible. Please next time if you / my team want me to play, at least stick to the times that you tell me the game is instead of changing it all the time.
Yo, I got the avails from Nev that said Joseph could not make the weekend, then I got from Uggi that the weekend didn't work either 'after' the game was set. You're not on every day so getting to you is a bitch. Don't YOU complain when YOU are the one being hard to reach. Getting Wumbo's games going can be a bitch and I am trying as hard as I can to get everything going as smoothly as possible..

I had to set it to this day as that's the like ONLY day CW has 3 that can play. If Wumbo can't make it you're forced to play early next week that is Monday/Tuesday or Wumbo have to try 2v3.
Last edited by Dragon on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Dragon wrote:
Samurai wrote: Dragon why do you tell me in person that our game is on Sunday and then put on here that its now on Friday ???

Yo, I got the avails from Nev that said Joseph could not make the weekend, then I got from Uggi that the weekend didn't work either 'after' the game was set. You're not on every day so getting to you is a bitch. Don't YOU complain when YOU are the one being hard to reach. Getting Wumbo's games going can be a bitch and I am trying as hard as I can to get everything going as smoothly as possible..

I had to set it to this day as that's the like ONLY day CW has 3 that can play. If Wumbo can't make it you're forced to play early next week that is Monday/Tuesday or Wumbo have to try 2v3.
The hell are you on about hard to reach? I was online pretty much all day Tuesday when you were asking for availabilities, then tell me that the game is to be played on Sunday until I look here and you've changed it to Friday without telling anyone, well at least me. Even if by chance you can't get hold of me on IRC, you can always PM here on the forums to confirm some times. Even the guy above your post is confused to why you're switching our game time every 5 minutes, hell I bet it'll get changed again before gametime.

I'm pissed off because I had plans to go to London on Sunday, and I've cancelled them partly because I was told our game was Sunday night by yourself, and now you've fucked that up by changing it to Friday. It's the 2nd week in a row this has happened too.

Moral of the story, communication is fucking key here.
Last edited by Samurai on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Jwarrier » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:30 am

Dragon Logic 101
1) Find availability of both teams and publicly set it to a certain time.
2) Have Team A complain about time and reschedule it without informing Team B.
3) Team B complains about the schedule change and threaten that Team B must play 2v3.
4) Repeat only if Team B named WUMBO.

Zakken
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 am

Captains are to be held responsible for the constantly shifting availabilities. They should only be allowed to send their availabilities once before the games are scheduled. If their availabilities change mid-week to the point of not being able to field a team at a pre-determined gametime, then it is the captain's fault for providing faulty avails. Dragon, I know you're trying to cater to certain teams' needs, but if you want to maintain professionalism for the greater good of your league, you gotta enforce your rules by the book.

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:09 pm

Soul wrote: Captains are to be held responsible for the constantly shifting availabilities. They should only be allowed to send their availabilities once before the games are scheduled. If their availabilities change mid-week to the point of not being able to field a team at a pre-determined gametime, then it is the captain's fault for providing faulty avails. Dragon, I know you're trying to cater to certain teams' needs, but if you want to maintain professionalism for the greater good of your league, you gotta enforce your rules by the book.
Someone that understands.. Either way we solved it. I have made it clear that I will set times that fit both teams according to the avails I am given, if people change their avail AFTER something is scheduled, there's no way I can guarantee I can solve it making everyone happy, that can be (as this week/case) totally impossible. We solved it the best way we could.
Last edited by Dragon on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Week 3 is done and a few changes have been made in terms of teams! (Check the first post)
TFS vs FW: 1 - 2 - 0
CW vs Wumbo: 2 - 0 - 0
TPS vs SW: 2 - 0 - 0

Good games and good luck in Week 4! The chaos that map30 will bring is real.

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Jwarrier » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:02 pm

This is now officially the worst ran tournament I have ever seen, congrats on your achievement!

Samurai

Post by Samurai » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:10 pm

Jwarrier wrote: This is now officially the worst ran tournament I have ever seen, congrats on your achievement!
Nah, I think this shit that didn't even get started was worse ...

http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4537

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Jwarrier wrote: This is now officially the worst ran tournament I have ever seen, congrats on your achievement!
actually 2weekctf got even worse in matter of replacements leading to massive teams' unbalancements, but it's not like it's organizers' fault if players get unreliable for their valid or not-so-valid reasons.
Honestly I would be more concerned about people turning privs into total crap with their clan stacking/dumb trolling instead of judging people trying to keep competition alive on this wrecked port, just saying
[quote=mr. Coherence]
Logging started at Sat Dec 28 00:47:52 2013
00:47:52 <capodecima> http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 8#pid55238
00:48:10 <capodecima> can you post something here ?
00:48:29 <capodecima> decay just crap talk about me all time when beat me and after avoid my challenge lol
[/quote]