Welcome to the first edition of the GDA series of Doom CTF tournaments! Check the introductory post in case you haven't already! Please refer to this thread for signing up. The full ruleset is as follows:
Spoiler: GDA Ruleset v1.0 (Open)I - Team structure
1. The amount of participating teams is decided by the amount of confirmed sign-ups, and their general availabilities. The amount of teams may also cause slight changes to the tournament structure (see III for more details);
2. Each team is comprised of one captain and three players acquired via the draft (see II for more details), without exception;
3. Captains are hand-picked from the player pool by the GDA administration, based on a player's skill, reliability, captain history in other leagues/tournaments and general readiness to take on the role.
4. Captains must give their teams a name.
II - Draft
1. The GDA draft is an auction draft. Captains make bids on players of their choosing, with a set budget of $30;
2. The draft nomination order is randomised. After a given nomination round ends, the order is reversed;
3. Every drafted player must be acquired for at least $1. This also means one cannot bid more than $28 on one player, regardless of their current budget.
III - Game structure
1. Games will be played on the [NY] Global Doom Association server by default, which uses Zandronum 3.1 alpha. Teams may agree to play in other servers, as long as they meet the CTF standards;
2. The wad to be used is wdl2017.wad, widely regarded as the definitive competitive CTF compilation right now;
3. All matches follow a 3 vs. 3, 5 captures, 10 minutes format. Teams may field whoever they prefer, as long as they have 3 available players;
4. Group stage matches are best-of-3 on maps that are determined by the tournament schedule, which is released once sign-ups end;
5. Elimination bracket matches are best-of-5 on homefield maps selected by each team. If no clear victor can be determined after 5 rounds, extra tiebreaking rounds occur indefinitely. Assuming that 1 is the higher seed's map and 2 is the lower seed's map, the map to be played in each round follows this order: 1-1-2-2-1-2-1-2... (homefields alternate every round after round 4)
6. Matches continue regardless of what predicaments any player may face. The players themselves are responsible for issues such as connection problems or ragequits, not the administration;
7. In the event that a server crashes in the middle of a match, it must be restarted at the same time frame and team scores as they were before the server crash took place.
IV - Tournament structure
1. The tournament is comprised of two stages: the group stage and the elimination bracket;
2. Group stage structure:
2.1. The group stage separates all teams into groups. The amount of groups is decided by the amount of participating teams:
- 1 group for 4 or less teams;
- 2 groups for 6 to 10 teams;
- 4 groups for 12 or more teams;
2.2. Over the course of the group stage, every team plays 3 matches (1 per week). Most, if not all of the matches are match-ups from the same group;
2.3. Each team is awarded 4 points for a two-round victory, 3 points for a three-round victory, 2 points for a tie, 1 point for a three-round loss and no points for a two-round loss. Teams that lose by forfeiting lose 1 point;
2.4. At the end of the group stage, the teams with the highest point count in their group qualify for the elimination bracket:
- top 2 in a group of 3 teams;
- top 3 in a group of 4 to 5 teams.
2.5. Tiebreaking criteria between two or more teams are as follows. Only one team advances to the next stage per tie-breaking step:
1. head-to-head (highest priority);
2. strength of victory;
3. best round win percentage;
4. best flag for/flag against ratio;
5. coin toss/dice roll (lowest priority);
2.6. On the final week of the group stage, teams that are still in contention for the final stage must pick a homefield map to be played on in that stage. This means teams that are already technically eliminated by this time will not participate in this process. Teams make their selections before they play their last group stage match, otherwise the administration will pick in their stead. The homefield selection order is the draft order in reverse. All of wdl2017.wad's 32 maps are eligible picks.
3. Elimination bracket structure:
3.1. The qualified teams are seeded into the elimination bracket in accordance with their standing in the group stage. The highest-ranked team in a given group plays the lowest-ranked qualified team from another group. If there are more than 2 groups, then the inter-group match-ups in this stage are randomised when this stage begins, while respecting the high-seed vs low-seed rule;
3.2. If two teams facing each other hold the same ranking in their respective group standings, then the first tiebreaking step is determined by which team has more points from the group stage. Later tiebreaking steps are the same as the group stage's criteria;
3.3. The bracket format is single elimination.
V - Trading
1. All trades must be confirmed with the GDA administration before they become effective;
2. Teams are allowed to trade between each other or with the free agency pool in the duration of the group stage. There is no limit to how many trades a team can perform;
3. If a given player is traded into the free agency, they may be claimed by teams anonymously for the next 24 hours. Once this cold period is over, the lowest-ranked team is granted the trade in question (group stage tiebreaking rules apply in special cases). If no teams make claims on this free agent, they are eligible for trading on a first come, first served basis afterwards;
4. A captain may not trade themselves;
5. Teams that are technically eliminated are not allowed to make trades under any circumstances;
6. Extremely and objectively lopsided trades may be vetoed at the GDA administration's discretion.
VI - Player duties
1. Every player who participates in any match must upload a demo from said match until the next time the team they are apart of must play. Captains have the right to enforce penalties on the opposing team, should they fail to comply. Demos are player-based, not team-based:
- first infraction: 3 minute power play (3v2), or until the penalised team gets scored on once;
- second infraction: player is suspended for an entire round;
- third infraction: player is suspended from the tournament;
2. Captains are urged to send their teams' availabilities to the GDA administration as soon as the week starts, so their next match can be scheduled to an appropriate time for all parties involved. Failure to do so will result in arbitrary scheduling from the administration, which may cause forfeits.
VII - Rules of conduct
1. Be respectful to other players, especially when they are practising or playing their matches;
2. Show commitment to your matches. This goes double for captains;
3. That's literally it. Don't be a dick and give this tournament the respect it deserves and everything will be just fine!!!
Spoiler: HOW TO GET ZANDRONUM 3.1 UP AND RUNNING (Open)Step 1: Download 3.1 alpha from one of the following links.
https://jenkins.csnxs.uk/job/zandronum- ... windows.7z
https://jenkins.csnxs.uk/job/zandronum- ... dbg.tar.xz
https://jenkins.csnxs.uk/job/zandronum- ... _64.tar.xz
Step 2: Unzip the zipped file's contents in a SEPARATE folder from Zandronum 3.0. Do NOT overwrite the 3.0 folder!
Step 3: Copy over your Zandronum 3.0 announcer sub-folder and config file ( "zandronum-username.ini" ) and paste them in the 3.1 folder. Not doing so will require you to play without announcers and set all your options up from scratch. We don't want that.
Step 4: Change the path to zandronum.exe path in Doom Explorer or Doomseeker, pointing it to your 3.1 client instead. You must also DISABLE their built-in Zandronum testing features, as the 3.1 alpha build of our choice is not an official release.
Step 5: The official GDA server available for private CTF right now is located at 220.127.116.11:10666. The password is gdatest.
Sign-ups start: December 10th, 2017
Sign-ups end: December 31st, 2017 @ 11:59:59 PM EST
Draft: January 1st-7th, 2018 @ TBD
Group stage period: January 8th, 2018 until January 28th, 2018
Elimination bracket period: January 29th, 2018 until February 11th or 18th, 2018
If you wish to be a captain, please PM me on IRC or forums.
Code: Select all
Name: Zakken Country: Brazil Preferred contact: irc.zandronum.com #zgda Regular availability: Evenings