Zandronum Quick-Apply Settings (QAS)

Looking for Resources for your mod/project? Want to share some of your creations so others can use them? Post them here!
HellBlade64
Forum Regular

Zandronum Quick-Apply Settings (QAS)

Post by HellBlade64 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:54 pm

I'm not realistically sure how much help it will be, but I made a .PK3 file for Zandronum (huh, almost typed Skulltag) that allows the user to quickly apply a set of dmflags and compatflags on the fly.

Currently there are only three sets: Vanilla Doom Singleplayer Settings, Vanilla Doom Multiplayer Settings, and CTF settings that near match what appear on official Funcrusher Private CTF servers.

I originally made it because I didn't feel like setting up vanilla settings by hand any time I wanted to play single player vanilla, so I made this.
But I think the settings I've put together are a good starting point for anyone new to hosting Zandronum servers.

This QAS file was created to accompany a "patch" file I also made fairly easy that reverts all projectiles and objects given translucency in Zandronum to being opaque like in Vanilla Doom.
I've also ALSO done the same patch for Skulltag projectiles because... why not?

Anyways, the console command list for ZQAS is as follows:

qasvd ==> Vanilla Doom Settings
qasvdmp ==> Vanilla Doom Multiplayer Settings
qasctf ===> CTF Settings

If you at any point forget a command, you can type QASHELP to pull up the list.

Downloads:
zqasv4.pk3
vanilladoomeffects.pk3
vanillaskulltageffectsv2.pk3

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Zandronum Quick-Apply Settings (QAS)

Post by TDRR » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:59 pm

I can tell you that at least for me, this is very useful. It's nice to be able to switch between different settings quickly and easily without manually having to set up each dmflags and compatflags.

Nice work!
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)